Number 21

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Never heard of him and his name escapes me now.

I wonder why Tooves waits until the second half to get a guy like the Assassin into the game yet brings a newbie in the centres at the drop of a hat to start.

Had a poor game, his attempt at a tackle in Parra's second last try was the worst thing I've seen since Hitler.

g'day all,I believe he came from Penrith with some big wraps as a young gun and I wouldn't write him off after one game but some of his work reminded me of another young gun we had a few years ago very lazy.
cheers mike

Panthers U20 captain last year.

He was keen to get involved early, is big strong and fairly fast. Fitness was below standard for NRL. Not a bad debut but plenty to work on.

He played well in attack (put on a nice step at one stage) but needs a lot of improvement in defense (poor first up effort).

Yeah he started well, but then went missing. TBH i forgot he was playing in the second half.

As for blair, i thought he played pretty good. I can see blair playing for us in the future, just needs to work on reading his defensive plays (has a habit of coming in and leaving us exposed).

he went ok, had some promising touches and some not so. It was his first grade debut. people have to realise when you have so many stars in a squad the lesser lights in your squad are going to be hit or miss or need some time to develop

Even Killer got palmed a couple of times today as well. I saw some alright stuff from Satini today, and some of his work in the 9's was pretty handy. Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt. You've got to realise that centre is the toughest position to defend in on a RL field, and to come in cold and not have the knowledge of your inside and outside men is a bit of an ask.

Chip and Chase said:
Even Killer got palmed a couple of times today as well. I saw some alright stuff from Satini today, and some of his work in the 9's was pretty handy. Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt. You've got to realise that centre is the toughest position to defend in on a RL field, and to come in cold and not have the knowledge of your inside and outside men is a bit of an ask.

Well said. Satini was a last minute call up into the team. Not a great 1st up effort but not as bad as some on here are making out. He will improve :)

I didn't think satini was bad. Nothing special but some good defense. He was hamstrung by wolfy leaving him exposed a few times and him not knowing what position to be in to cover.

I was impressed as a late call up first hit out but he ain't ready yet

I remember wolf telling him to go in field in a kick chase, wolf was right. Also in the 1st half Lyon almost had to push cheyse out to the wing to make him slide properly. And lyon was defending 2 in. We had our problems out wide in defense. Understandable with new combinations.

Satini played like most young wingers on debut.
Looked uncomfortable at times & 2nd guessed plenty with his positional play , but looked fairly strong & showed enough to suggest he will be a handy outside back after a few more games.
If this was a red hot Manly at full strength would have possibly got a hat trick & the thread would be about this new wing sensation, the work inside was awkward & gave no real flow for the wide men to look good.
Tbh was impressed by that Islander Eels winger who took stopping & showed glimpses of freakish ability.

Satini looks a good athlete. Whether he has 'football smarts' remains to be seen. When you watch the Under 20s you see heaps of these strongly built athletic types but that doesn't make them good footballers.

I thought he went ok.

Strong runner and he'll improve for sure with more game time. We're going to need guys like him in 2 or 3 years when the retirements hit us.

Santini looks and plays like a second rower / lock not a back. I actual liked his debut he was tough in one on one defence ran the ball well when he had the chance but he was caught out in the back half of the game in defense out wide. Santini is a dead set second rower in the making and I believe could be one our best signings for the future if given time to mature.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6