Nsw's worst

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Shoe1 said:
Brett Morris had a shocker, not just when he gifted the qld try, but his runs were crossfield and in circles.

For mine the play that lost us the game was Michael ennis, tackle 4 on the 1st set of six after we went up 12 10. He kicked from dummy half, poorly, with no chasers because the team had no idea he was going to kick. This gifted field position back to qld, and they scored. Ennis should have passed it or run himself, and then Pearce or soward would have booted it downfield properly.

You are absolutely 100% spot on and I called it as it happened.

Here we go again

They get beaten by 4 points and everyone wants to change the team!!

HELLO

They have been doing that for 5 years and what has than achieved....**** ALL.

May as well leave the team as it is and let them form combinations.

I was there last night, they weren't great but they weren't crap either.

To come back to lead the game by 2 points after the defence they did in the first game was nothing less than heroic.

Mark, you are probably right and yes NSW do change the team every year BUT i think that the team needed a few small tweaks before the game and the result of the game proves it. NSW are on to something here but they need to make a few changes and then stick with the team for a few years. I can't believe Luke Lewis was not in the side, i also fail to comprehend how King got in initially in front of Tolman (before he was injured) I also think Hayne would have done a much better job then Morris.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Here we go again

They get beaten by 4 points and everyone wants to change the team!!

HELLO

They have been doing that for 5 years and what has than achieved....f**k ALL.

May as well leave the team as it is and let them form combinations.

I was there last night, they weren't great but they weren't crap either.

To come back to lead the game by 2 points after the defence they did in the first game was nothing less than heroic.

Thanks for that Mark. I was toying with some snide remarks about people who have no idea and then I read your post. I agree with your comments 100% - particularly the last paragraph.

I will say this though, our kicking game was rubbish. I don't recall too many repeat sets being earned by NSW while the other mob earned plenty and we were made to work accordingly. Our kickers failed in this area while Thurston and co were given way too much lattitude in this area. I thought this would have been one of the benefits of having Soward in the team. In the next game we must improve our kicking and we need to put more pressure on their kickers. No sackings - just work on what we can improve.

Dumb idea by Stuart to put Dean Young on first up. He is too slow and lacks the skill to play hooker in origin. He's a stand in hooker at best at club level. Made Ennis look like a super star when he came on because the basic things a hooker does around the ruck were finally getting done.
I thought that was a major factor in our pathetic start.

Also all the props looked like roo's in a spot light waiting for the trigger to get pulled.

I know there's a few people having a whinge that we only lost by 4 why change the team etc etc.......We lost by a lot more than that. The gap between the 2 teams is massive when it comes to class and effort. QLD can score a try when they need to.......kinda felt like a cat playing with its dinner before it finishes it off.
But who do you get to come in? QLD simply have it all over us in the key positions. Mitchell pearce would be 4th or 5th string half back in QLD, as would the majority of our lineup in other positions.
Having said that, choc would have made a diff in the forwards and hayne might have added that spark we needed to get some momentum.

Get rid of the hoax and I'll be happy

Correct Pablo. Just who would Qld pick out of the NSW side to replace any of theirs? Any takers out there? No-one I would add.

There's little doubt this NSW side will be better for the run...remember Justin Hodges first Origin game???....The Queensland coach saw "potential", kept him and he's now an integral part of this side and will slot straight back in for Tonga (who will be out for a considerable time with a shoulder injury).

The thing is Queensland don't make changes, virtually they have picked from the same 20 or so players for the last 5 years.

I was there last night, sitting up high with a great view of what was happening.....Queensland was crisp, clean, clinical and a class above our players.....why??

Yep they have the best 1,6,7 and 9 in the game....BUT it's more than that, they play like a club side....Lockyer knew that Slater would be there when he threw the inside pass...without even looking....why...because they play like a tight knit club side.

WHY

Because they don't change it.

All I have read is complaints about NSW wanting to constantly change their sides...and sure as **** as soon as I read on here it's "change this player for that player and that player for this player"

FFS you lot....leave Ricky to do his job, otherwise we are absolutly ****ed for another 5 years!!

It would be Melbourne Storm x 6

Thanks Fro....I am just frustrated, I VERY rarely "fire up" on here but this one has me boiling.

Chances are some of last night's 17 will get injured before game 2 and need replacing. Also, Gidley might be back for Young by then too.

Those will be more than enough changes and to do any more than that is just panic stations.

I don't think the side picked was perfect but it was a lot closer to our best 17 than we have seen in the last 5 years. FFS we didn't have Bellamy picking White Quinn and Turner for a change.

So Mark is right on this one. I guess there is a first time for everything ;)

The thing is Mark, Stuart picked the wrong players and if I'm right, where will NSW be next year and the year after. Which players in your opinion have improvement in them? Gaz? Pearce? Bird? Actually no one has any inate ability that I can see which can be developed. They are mostly plodders or grubs interspersed with a few showponies. And many of them have been in SOO and failed before last night. Sure they might jag the odd win, but that's about all. If they do, then it's all about how a dynasty will grow and all the other bull**** that one reads about down here. One reason that assists the QLD 'spirit' is the crappy and biased commentary that spews from Channel 9. Listening to Rabbits and Gould sook on about the great NSW plays of Dugan and the like make me wonder what game they're looking at. It must fuel the anti NSW sentiment of Qld players and spur them on to greater heights. I'm all for a settled squad, but not this lot.

Pearce is not up to this level of football. Bring in Mullen.
Young has no place near the NSW team. Get rid of him for Watmough.
Beau is a terrific defender but offers nothing in attack. Bring in Luke Lewis.
Creagh either starts the game or you don't have him there to waste a crucial bench spot.
Piss Dugan off for Hayne
Piss Morris off for his brother
and start with Ennis on the bloody field

Try that for a few games.

WAMF said:
Pearce is not up to this level of football. Bring in Mullen.
Young has no place near the NSW team. Get rid of him for Watmough.
Beau is a terrific defender but offers nothing in attack. Bring in Luke Lewis.
Creagh either starts the game or you don't have him there to waste a crucial bench spot.
Piss Dugan off for Hayne
Piss Morris off for his brother
and start with Ennis on the bloody field

Try that for a few games.

Im with you on a few of those changes but im pretty sure they have all been selected before and we have lost. I think we only need to bring in Lewis, Hayne and Choc. Only players to get the boot for me would be Morris, Young and perhaps Beau. Not a massive wholesale change but a bit of fine tuning.

pjayz said:
Caveo , pro validus aquila mos triumphus iterum

you sure you got that verb conjugated right pjayz? This is a quality forum mate and we can't have that type of thing creeping in.

I don't see nsw winning this series. mark is right on the general approach; the 1,6,7,9 should be given the series to see how they shape up, they do represent a potential core for future series (not sure about them all but pick and stick....)

I don't see a problem tweaking a bit: the pack definitely needs something and choc is the obvious choice for scott. And I'd be gettting hayne back in there somewhere to liven up the attack, esp. on the rightside.

The jury will always be out on whether to make changes or not but using the fact that Qld rarely changes is a little bit misleading.One of the reasons they have never made a lot of changes is because their depth of talent is way short of NSW in terms of numbers.In many cases they have 2 or 3 possibles in each position while NSW has ten.This has been quite often hidden because their first picks like langer,lewis,meninga,miles,thurston,slater lockyer etc are superstars.

Does anyone think that Harrison,Lillyman and Parker would be remotely considered for NSW but they make the QLD team as they are the best backrowers available.History is littered with Queenslanders who would never have played an origin if they were a blue yet handled themselves well.

I think Sticky has made a rod for his own back with the no changes call as his players are simply not in the superstar category that demands selection like the players Queenslanders have at the moment.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

I was surprised Luke Lewis wasn't picked in the first side but then again he had been out with injury so perhaps that was it.

Everyone has their favourites, I thought Pearce did ok and Soward will be better for the run I think he was like a deer in the head lights and overawed by the massive crown and "Queenslander" chants.

They will have learnt a fair bit from Wednesday night, probably that this Queensland side is so damn good that they are unbeatable but let's not worry about that, let's stick with the team and look towards 2012-2013 when the Queensland team will start to dismantle or be getting a fair bit of age about them.

But then again if you pricks have your way we'd run out with a complete different side in game two, another different side in game 3, and game 1 next year would look nothing like anything from this year.

FFS enough is enough....Queensland have got where they are becuase they stick to their guns...it's about ****ing time that NSW did the same!!

I'd whack gallen in the front row for king. He's the only one with any real go forward anyway. Lewis or Stewart or Watmough in the back row. Hayne for Morris. Idris or Gidley for Young. Learoyd-Lars for Merrin too. Depends on the setup you want really....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4