Nsw team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would suggest the 2.2 million people watching on TV might have cared somewhat (and that is just nsw)

Tell you the truth ....good for Jake T to play origin in the future. But for Manly's sake I'd rather delay his selection. Selfish I suppose but look at what this takes out of the players for the season. Some don't come back to form and carry injuries for the season. The players say it is a massive strain on their bodies.
Don't rush Jake Manly supporters.

Wish the NSW luck - they need it, plus agree - some changes but dont be too dramatic,it was the same team that won game 2 & were at least as good in game 1....
Had this confidence leading up to game 3 where it was the change of the guard ect - should have played as the underdog against all odds & would not have been ambushed.
Anyways - not to be a party pooper, but my care for SOO is an enjoyable spectacle to watch but much more interest in a Seaeagles game any day!!

I would suggest the 2.2 million people watching on TV might have cared somewhat (and that is just nsw)
I switched on at kick-off (thus missing the Ch. Nein borefest), then switched off at 16-2, knowing that it was going to be a bust. Watched the movie 'Ted' instead. Much more enjoyable.

However that's just me.

Last edited:
The team should be picked on form. So whoever are performing the best leading up to next years first game should be picked. Queensland have kept thier team pretty much the same over a number of years, but those playets are mostly in form as well. Also nsw has no halfs since johns. So it makes it harder
Only real superstar we had was hayne.

So after a big loss last night I think it's time for some selection changes, or a massive clean out and try a new angle. Including laurie Daley. I think hooves would be a good fit. So what would your team be for the first game next year. Here is mine.

1.Matt Moylan
2.Brett Morris
3.Josh Dugan
4.Blake Ferguson
5.Josh Mansour
6.Blake Austin
7.Adam Reynolds
8.Aaron Woods
9.Nathan Peats
10.James Tamou
11.Beau Scott
12.Paul Gallen
13.Greg Bird

14.David Klemmer
15.Josh Jackson
16.Boyd Cordner
17.Tariq Sims

18.Tyson Frizell

James Roberts will be ready next year.
The Bench is too small.
There HAVE to be better back row options than Scott, Gallen and Bird for next year.
And is Peats really the next hooker after Farah? Is there nobody else?

James Roberts will be ready next year.
The Bench is too small.
There HAVE to be better back row options than Scott, Gallen and Bird for next year.
I don't think there is anyone else most hookers I can think of are kiwi or Queenslander

I don't think there is anyone else most hookers I can think of are kiwi or Queenslander
Off topic,anyone know if DCE was at the game Wednesday night?Normally players who were in the previous games get invited to the 3rd.I didn't see him in the photos.I may have overlooked him but if he wasn't there I'd suggest something's up

They need to pick Matt Moylan at 1 next year (he was available for game 1 and they went with Dugan who is one dimensional). They also need to stop picking bit part players like Hodkinson and Hopoate...it shouldn't be about giving them a "job to do", it should be about picking the best players and no one is going to convince me that Will Hopoate is one of the two best wingers in the state.

Guys like Gallen and Bird have had their day, and why they pick Merrin every year is beyond me. In saying that, having 50 scored against you at Origin level highlights a problem bigger than team selection. These QLD players are real champions and when they want to win, they are still simply too classy. Thurston was everywhere and the old heads in the Maroon pack showed their steely determination to dominate the opposition. The only thing we can hope for as Blues fans is that these QLD's actually do start to finally show their age and the embarrassment of Wednesday night is enough to fire up the Blues next year for a series win.

The way Nate Myles played on Wednesday night (strong running and defence without giving away dumb penalties as he usually does) gives me hope for Manly in 2016. Though if he has a shocker on Monday night I won't be upset.

As for NSW.....I think Gus Gould is right, I don't think Gallen should be picked next year. The older players in the Blues pack have had their run at Origin and have by and large been unsuccessful other than last year, though I think Robbie Farah will probably play on as I don't think there is a good enough NSW hooker coming through just yet. I think players like Woods and Klemmer (when they stop believing their press hype) are the future of that pack along with the likes of Jake Trbojevic. And whether Jake is ready for Origin next year is a wait and see really. I think he would handle it easily, but time will tell.

Hopoate won't ever get picked again unless they are desperate. Even with injuries to players like Mansour he shouldn't have been picked this year.....

Dugan was probably NSW best through the series and deserves to stay in the team provided his club form holds up. Though his future may be as a centre with Moylan in the #1 jumper.

A new halves pairing is a must. Adam Reynolds and Luke Keary are probably being the leading candidates, though don't count out Blake Austin or even Grub Reynolds (who I do think is a good player, he is just a first class grub). I don't think we'll ever see Pearce in Origin again (probably should have happened 5 years ago). I don't care who his old man is or what club he plays for, I think his rep footy days are definitely over. And Hodkinson? As a halfback he is very short on creativity. With his size and defensive game I wonder if he would be better as a lock?

As for Laurie Daley, I would keep him as coach. IIRC Wayne Bennett lost his first 4 games as Qld coach, including losing 3-0 in 1986 (in fact, he had already told the QRL that he was resigning if Qld didn't win game 2 in 1987) and Daley already has a better record at the same stage of his career.

Last edited:
Sadly, I don't think we have the players to beat them if both teams play well. Not for a number of years.

That's an interesting point. This year showed that the difference between the two teams in 2014 was Jarryd Hayne. But its not like he came in for one year only and dominated. Be it on the wing or at fullback, he'd been there before through a few series defeats.

The Blues (and as usual, the Sydney media) definitely got lulled into a false sense of security after last year. Hell, they got a false sense of security after Melbourne.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7