NSW Team announced

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think this side is pretty much spot on. maybe laffranchi for gallen. jennings is good for impact, but I thought pomeroy was v. solid in the country-city game (I know, he's from the sharks, but.....)

Agree it is probably not strong enough v. the qld backs. if their pigs can hold their own it will be enough I'd say.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=DVS Matt link=topic=180526.msg224908#msg224908 date=1243247388]
watmough's tv probably has a sh!tload of coin marks on it

LOL.

Chocs hands and his defence aren't up to Origin standard. I'd be blowing up if he was playing for NSW and he does his usual couple of dropsies a match.
[/quote]

Totally agree.

I think Joel Monaghan deserved a spot and would have been a good match up for Falou

McManus is ultra safe under the high ball though. dan.

I was over the moon he got picked... very under-rated player IMO

Nutzcraw link said:
McManus is ultra safe under the high ball though. dan.

I was over the moon he got picked... very under-rated player IMO

Haha, he dropped about 3 tonight!

Normally he's very good though. And he jumps bloody high, which will be useful (if he is up against Folau). It gives us two wingers who are good in the air (Hayne is good also).

Even so, I wouldn't have picked McManus. I would've preferred someone like Brett Morris who has an Origin build, is very quick, solid, and has scored 7 tries in three weeks. He offers more than McManus I believe.

I don't have many complaints regarding the rest of the makeup of the side. I like the pack, have a few question marks over Kite, but he's experienced and the NSW pack needs that. He lifted after playing for Aus, hopefully we have a similar jump in form from him after playing for NSW.

Killer well and truly deserves his spot. Our centres have got to be the only position that QLD would genuinly fear, right?

clontaago link said:
Bailey is as dumb as S**t and has plenty of errors in his game and would not make a good NSW captain.
  He was thrown around like a rag doll yesterday.

Glenn Stewart to start over Creagh. Creagh can/will have mroe impact off the bench, while Stewart to start and link well with Lyon in the centres.

i think stewart is lucky to be there. Kidley is a bad choice at fullback and captain. And Lyon wont see an ounce of good ball from Campese, ce la vie

Zep link said:
i think stewart is lucky to be there. Kidley is a bad choice at fullback and captain. And Lyon wont see an ounce of good ball from Campese, ce la vie
Stewart was my choice as mom in the recent test match, he didn't stand out this week but his form has been solid the whole year. He has abilities which many casual observers may not recognise. Kidley as captain, I'm undecided, Gite in the front row, now that surprised me. Ce le ry.

Who gets to mark Filou...McManus or Hayne......either are a bit scary.

I think they needed Monaghan in there purely as a foil for Israel!!

Oh well at least "Speedbump" Turner wasn't picked

Nutzcraw link said:
Bailey and Kite have never stood up in origin.

I have never ever understood how Bailey earned that tag, it seems to be a common one

His 1st few Origin games, I knew bugger all about him, but he came off the bench and played blinders, remember 1 charge in particular he went about 40m and left Maroon jerseys scattered

I think Bailey earnt that tag a few years ago when Carl Webb smashed him (with a tackle, then choked him) and went hiding for the rest of the game.

Pepi link said:
I think Bailey earnt that tag a few years ago when Carl Webb smashed him (with a tackle, then choked him) and went hiding for the rest of the game.
Wouldn't say Bailey went hiding although he probably had a sore throat. Webb played well that game, I think becuase he had a lightning bolt shaved into his hairstyle. Then I think there was another couple of games he did ok, might have been early last year, apart from that you hear very little from Webb - while Bailey puts in nearly every time. He's not the most powerful but he probably plays more minutes and covers more ground than most others.

Lewis is an idiot, not a game breaker.  NSW have a reasonable back row, probably better than Qld but the front row is weak.  Kite just isn't doing it for us this year.  If he puts in a blinder for NSW I'll be cross.  Apart from Lyon the backs from Qld are superior.  Although I hate Slater, he's miles ahead of Gidley, a good club player at best.  Farrer? He's predictable, dummy half runs is all he's got.  The whole team is just full of good club players, not SOO players.  Qld to win, and win comfortably.

You obviously don't watch many too many Tigers games DSM judging your assessment from Farah

I would also take Gidley over Slater every time, Slater is full of errors in the big games

DSM5 link said:
....  Kite just isn't doing it for us this year.  If he puts in a blinder for NSW I'll be cross...

Meaning if he doesn't .. you will not be cross? Or just that you will be cross anyway, but not about that?

Kiwi, In regards to bailey... your idea of a blinder and my idea must differ. I've NEVER seen him have a big game for NSW. Kite aswell. Petero and Price will dominate them all night.... I'm hoping Poore and Weyman start... they are both big boys and are providing great go forward at the moment... plus weyman can put a few on petero and price's chin.... one way to put those 2 boys off might be to give em a couple of cracks in the head..... they are both too nice... it might dul their impact... why not... bring it on!

Kiwi, you're comment re Slater is nonesense.  His one bad game was in the Aust/NZ match.  His go in SOO can't be faulted.  I watch many Tigers games and don't see Farrah doing much else than dummy runs.  Actually he's been relatively quiet for the last two matches.  Don't see why he was picked in fact.  My guess is it was considered 'his turn'.  Wrong message.  Kite and Bailey are a couple of 'past their best days players'.  Should have been Waterhouse for Kite at least.  You've got to look at the squads and ask yourself, just where will NSW win this?  Through the forwards?  don't think so, the backs? Can't see it.  Poor Jamie will be mopping up the defensive problems of the NSW backline all night.  Jennings and Hayne aren't noted defenders and Hodges and Folau will run riot.   

Farah was MOTM last game he played and he was knocked senseless reasonably early doors. You mustn't watch too closely or you know sfa about the game if you don't rate Farah and think all he has is dummy half runs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4