NSW Storms, are they likely to affect games this weekend?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
If you havnt noticed sydney and surrounds have taken a beating the last few days.

Thinking mainly the Knights vs cowboys, but are the floods and stormy weather likely to affect the games played?

I read Newcastle got hit hard by the storms.

Anyone know if its bad enough to have an impact?

Side Note: best wishes to any members affected by the storms.

Lucky we aren't playing at Brookie on Saturday cause I can't imagine it's held up well.

ANZ and Allianz drainage should be OK

But here on the Northern Beaches we have the usual Manly and Narrabeen Lagoons flooding the only road. Manly Dam is currently spilling over. At least the cyclonic winds stopped this morning and even the rain has eased.
Loads of ripped trees as the winds just twisted the largest braches off. Also quite a few trees that completely fell over, like the one in my garden - missed the fence so its the gardeners problem only :whew:

Knights might have problems as the weather system is hitting then today - really badly.

The Georges River has just broken its banks, bu the Sharks are playing out in Penrith this week.

Guys were surfing at Balmoral - proper tubes - amazing that the 13 meter waves can push that far in.
Rabbids are playing in Cairns this weekend , the lucky buggers.

DY Pool - we get these waves a few times a year
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/vi.../Sydney-Storm-Riding-the-big-wave-at-the-pool

Last edited:
Long Reef bombie was the shore break. Crazy to think that it's going to be 2ft for the ANZAC boat landing at Collaroy on the weekend. Wouldn't want to fall out either because that is going to be some filthy water...

It always amazes me how the ocean changes from wall high, whitewater into a flat blue pond in 6 hours. Great to zen out with all that energy :)

Bondi has 7,000 tons of sand on their esplanade. The Council is madly pushing it back onto the beach for ANZAC Day

I watched the Wanderers last night and it didn't even look like Parra Stadium had had much rain.....After Monday night it will take a Category 2 cyclone to cancel a game, cause Sharks v Rabbits played in a Category 1 that night.

I can guarantee that the weather will not affect any games this weekend

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8