NSW Stadium Plans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't see the problem, take a few games like v Raiders, Gold Coast, Wests Tigers etc to these venues and keep the blockbusters at Brookie. Agree to co-operate but then throw back that Manly gets to pick the games it takes to these venues and stick to it so that the club has control of the games that will generate the biggest income for Brookie ie Sunday/Saturday games.

In the end the club gets some financial compensation and doesn't make losses like the one on Monday which would have surely been a negative return.

There is compensation for Monday night games

Cronulla won't move. In a few years, they'll have enough money to renovate Shark Park with all their developments they have going on.

With us, I'm happy to have our 2 home games that we usually take away from Brookie at Allianz.
This Is it exactly, once all stadiums are complete including the pie in the sky Panfar Stadium then we will move two games (from Brisbane and NZ) to the big Stadium.

What's happened to Penn's grand plans to upgrade Brookvale stadium? Seems all this money he spent to do this has all gone to waste.

I fear that that the game will die if Manly and other clubs are forced to move to these stadiums. As it is the local stadiums are rarely full so what's the point in moving?

Unfortunately, redeveloping Brookie is putting lipstick on the old hog. You need to build something new from scratch in an area that can accomodate the development, i.e. Rat Park.

Brookvale the suburb has been overdeveloped to the point that the stadium no longer makes sense there. Horrible junction of Pittwater Road with poor traffic flow, limited parking, and the biggest thing is what do you even do to get it up to scratch? Where do you start and what is the cost of that vs a clean new build?

$30M will bring Brookie up to scratch.

This will add facilities, 4K undercover seating and corporate. That is all you need for the next 10-20 years.

Park and walk 10 minutes and you will have no issues. Parking at SFS is worse, Homebush has parking (at a significant cost) but it takes 30 minutes just to get out of the car park, Parra has a small amount.

To start from scratch try $100M+

Rat park is too far away and takes weeks just to reach via PT. No chance of being viable

WE better do something after seeing 5000 at our beloved Brookie the other night. Another big loss.
We wouldn't have got 500 to that match if it was played at ANZ Stadium. Don't forget, it was a Monday night and had poured for two days. I know of keen Manly supporters who decided on the day to stay home and watch it on TV because of the threat of rain.
Amazingly, the ground was in great shape and it only sprinkled once. I'll bet the ground surface wouldn't have been as good at ANZ Stadium.

Tigers and Panthers maybe at the 4th Super Stadium

The Liverpool council has also commissioned sports business consultants Gemba to undertake a feasibility study and nominated land at the Whitlam Leisure Centre precinct to site a $300 million stadium of between 30,000 and 40,000 seats.

The Gemba report found the venue should aim to stage 40 matches a year to be successful commercially, underlining the need to have several major sports tenants, including an NRL team such as Wests Tigers.

Penrith is also mounting a campaign to site a new Western Sydney stadium, with Panthers group powerbroker Phil Gould leading the charge.

My understanding is that the Club doesn't have the power to take away any more than 2 games a year without us Football Club Members approving it.

I for one will vote against any such move.

My understanding is that the Club doesn't have the power to take away any more than 2 games a year without us Football Club Members approving it.

I for one will vote against any such move.
FC doesn't have the money to enforce that stipulation of the Franchise constitution :)

It's still early days.
The NSW Govt Stadium Plan is still in the discussion phase. We could have a new mob in Parliament by the time the next junket phase is reached.@:cool:

My take on this

If we are forced to move for say 3-5 games @ SFS this would be my sticky points:

1/ Guranteed public transport ( direct bus line to the game and back to the northern beaches on game day).

At the moment direct transport to Moore park from the beaches is non existent or you have to take more than one mode of transport.

2) Gurantee from the club that our memberships we spend our hard earned money on will have included access to the SFS games in our packages as well as not restricting this to only Gold wing members.

3) Consideration to play one game @ ANZ stadium over the Easter weekend. None one yet has taken the Easter Saturday time slot at ANZ why not play say the roosters or say warriors as a yearly game out there.

Even some how do a deal with the Easter show to have a combined ticket to the show and the game.

4) Funding for brookvale oval upgrade .

Do what though?

The stands were less than half full so its not undercover seating that is the issue or we would have had more than 7000.

Its easy to sit there and take pot shots without offering a solution. A few years ago we had a bigger crowd than the roosters, both playing 7:30 Sat night in wet conditions and going well so its not the facilities that cause a 5K crowd.

I think picking better team from round 1 and looking competitive would have been the only way to push that crowd up on a wet Monday night.

PS we also get 40K compensation which covers the ground hire costs so everything is profit anyway

It may have changed BUT the $40k compensation isn't in cash.

Dave Perry said to me it was " contra" , mostly advertising and not enough to do anything meaningful with.

My take on this

If we are forced to move for say 3-5 games @ SFS this would be my sticky points:

1/ Guranteed public transport ( direct bus line to the game and back to the northern beaches on game day).

At the moment direct transport to Moore park from the beaches is non existent or you have to take more than one mode of transport.

2) Gurantee from the club that our memberships we spend our hard earned money on will have included access to the SFS games in our packages as well as not restricting this to only Gold wing members.

3) Consideration to play one game @ ANZ stadium over the Easter weekend. None one yet has taken the Easter Saturday time slot at ANZ why not play say the roosters or say warriors as a yearly game out there.

Even some how do a deal with the Easter show to have a combined ticket to the show and the game.

4) Funding for brookvale oval upgrade .
Great post mate.

It may have changed BUT the $40k compensation isn't in cash.

Dave Perry said to me it was " contra" , mostly advertising and not enough to do anything meaningful with.

given what is in the media he may have been pulling the wool or conveniently ignoring stuff like we have seen the Penns quoting income for games but ignoring season passes and sponsorship.

Last year there is a clear statement to the contrary by the cows and it has been widely reported at 40K

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...d/news-story/ebf036c41dc08c66819acb029caaeb40

We need a major seismic shift, that moves the peninsula closer to the SFS.

Or a bridge across the heads, the stadium would be quite close to manly with a direct road along that route, a bit like Lawrence Hargrave Drive but longer.

C'mon Mr Infrastructure Baird! Build it. Sure it'd cost 1000 times more than upgrading brookie, but it would mean that your dufus sports minister would save face.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6