NSW props for SOO?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Fair dinkum, going into SOO with only 2 recognised props and picking players out position. What props can fill the void for NSW.

King
Kite
Rose
B Cross
Poore
Tilse
L Douglas
Snowden
White
Weyman

Looking to the next few years my origin props would be Weyman, L Douglas, Tilse, Snowden and possibly King. I'd play 4 of the 5 above.

White is a pussy and I don't think they'll pick Kite or Rose. Poore has been terrible, B Cross gets ko'd just about every game.

If Rose can get his fitness up and miss injury he is an ideal SOO prospect. Until we get a surgical removal of Bellyache and the selectors it is a lost cause.

Jerry1 link said:
We need to change the coach & selectors not just the props mate.

Cheers - Jerry

You can't go into a SOO game with only 2 props and you're right it comes down to the selectors and coach who should all be sacked.

Creagh, Gallen, Waterhouse and O'Donnell were totally ineffective. Get some big boppers in there that are prepared to run the ball hard and show some aggression, Gallen and O'Donnell are just grubs.

Re: NSW props for NSW?

This is the best I could come up with.

10. Weyman 9. Farah 8. Bailey (Sure he's old but you know what your getting)
11. Kite 12.Mason
13. Watmough

7. Pearce (he's there now they wont change that)
6. Bird
5. Blake Ferguson
3, 4. Lyon / Beau Champion
2. Hayne
1. Josh.D

Bench
Tilse
King
Snowden
Lewis / Gidley

MY TEAM.

10. Weyman 9. Farah 8. 10 Douglas
11 Laffranchi 12.Mason
13. Watmough

7. Pearce
6. Campese
5. M Gordon
3, 4. Idris / Jennings
2. Hayne
1. Josh.D

Bench
Tilse
King
Snowden
Lewis

Anyone wanting King's a ****en muppet. I've got more leg drive than old chicken legs. He's a bigger version of Williamson. Hits the line and goes straight to ground.

Snowden, Douglas, Tolman > King by a very large margin.

Volley link said:
Anyone wanting King's a F**ken muppet. I've got more leg drive than old chicken legs. He's a bigger version of Williamson. Hits the line and goes straight to ground.

clench your but cheeks your dribbling dude.

I want him in 3.

My team (take no prisoners)

1. Dugan
2. Merritt
3. Lyon or Scott
4. Champion
5. Robertson
6. Bird
7. Pierce
8. Douglas
9. Farrah
10. Snowden
11. Watmough
12. Hindemarsh
13. Lewis

14. Tolman
15. Mannah
16. Leahroyd - Lahrs
17. Mason

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=183609.msg266868#msg266868 date=1276693868]

No Lyon swoop?

no Manly players
[/quote]

He has picked Choc in his team B_e (or are you saying for no Manly players to be picked?).

Both the teams mentioned will get creamed by the Maroons.  Face facts, Qld have a surfeit of talent.  Look at the 1,6,7 and 9 and tell me who would you get to even walk in the shadow of the Queenslanders?  Don't even bother thinking of the front row until you come up with some talent in those critical positions.    Whatever way you look at this problem with NSW, you come up short on talent. 

Jethro link said:
No Lyon swoop?

He's too valuable for us and if they are looking long term I think they should leave him out. I'm just being greedy, but if they do pick him the C should be next to his name.

Volley link said:
Anyone wanting King's a F**ken muppet. I've got more leg drive than old chicken legs. He's a bigger version of Williamson. Hits the line and goes straight to ground.

I've put King in the side because he was 18th man but Tolman is one I forgot about and should be in the side.

For the record here's the side that won game 3 last year, remembering Lyon was picked but replaced with Josh Morris

Gidley
Hayne
J Morris
Jennings
Wolfman
Barrett
Kimmorley
Poore
Ennis
Perry
Waterhouse
Creaghe
Watmough

White
Wing
L-Lars
G Steart

18th C Houston

I have been trying to think of the best team. The problem is in the forwards, the backs etc have their issues, but can be replaced with players playing in position. I honestly think it was a bellamy tactic last night to have the wingers and centres bunch in and try to cut off the ball, high risk and needed perfect execution, but that is the only explanation I can come up with.

Anyway this is what i was starting to formulate

Hayne/Dugan (either will do, though Hayne seems to be dangerous in attack, his defense needs some work especially positional play.)
Morris (gets another chance, especially with a brilliant defensive and attacking centre like Lyon inside him)
Lyon
Jennings (partner him with the experience of Burt or Quinn)
Burt/Quinn
Carney (or Bird)
Pearce
King
Farrah (agree Ennis has had his chance and come up short)
- Undecided on another prop
Watmough
Minichello
Stewart

Leffranchi
Lewis
Add 2 big bopper props

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4