NSW pride and tradition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
People on here bag Ricky Stuart and while I'm not his greatest fan I'd have to say I love what he has done this year. I really believe ge has laid the foundations in place for ongoing NSW success. Bringing young blokes in to camp to taste it great idea.
Have a jersey presentation night another one.
Bellyache may be a better coach but Stuart has brought back pride and spirit in our states side. I for one hope he gets the rewards tommorow night and we smash those maroon F***s

How is Bellamy a better coach than Stuart? Bellamy has won absolutely nothing and Stuart won the 2002 premiership.

Will agree he is doing some good things but the terms pride & tradition are nowhere near accurate as yet. Sad to say that it will take a while for NSW to reach levels that Qld have.

Ralphie said:
How is Bellamy a better coach than Stuart? Bellamy has won absolutely nothing and Stuart won the 2002 premiership.

The only way both Stuart and Bellamy won premierships was because of salary cap rorting. Bellamy was coach of the storm teams which were way over the cap, and Stuart only won his premeirship when the Bulldogs were stripped of all their points. If I had to choose who I thought was the better coach of the two i'd go for Bellamy. Neither gets even close to Dessie.

Ralphie said:

Now he may not have a premiership on record due to breaching the salary cap, but that doesn't make him a bad coach.

Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, Cronk etc... were not superstars when they started at Melbourne and it is a credit to Bellamy and how he has coached them. You only need to look at his young players last night and how they stepped up to know he is a great coach.

You're all entitled to your opinion, but bellamy won't ever win a thing. He will be found out as the imposter he is now that his club can't cheat.

Remember, this is the bloke whose club cheated massively and still lost 2 grand finals, one by a record score. This is the same bloke who lost three state of origin series. This is the same bloke that brought us illegal tactics such as the grapple, chicken wing, knees to the calf & the thigh. This is probably the only NRL coach that doesn't have any idea of what his salary cap position is...........pleeeeeeaaaaase don't try and defend this goose.

Jonesyv2 said:
Ralphie said:

Now he may not have a premiership on record due to breaching the salary cap, but that doesn't make him a bad coach.

Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, Cronk etc... were not superstars when they started at Melbourne and it is a credit to Bellamy and how he has coached them. You only need to look at his young players last night and how they stepped up to know he is a great coach.

Smith, Slater, Inglis & Folau all had massive potential & had been earmarked by most as the future stars of the NRL when they played schoolboys. Cronk didn't have as many raps as I remember but he was still well thought of.

Not to say that Bellamy isn't a good coach (because he quite clearly is) but his work in developing juniors is very much overrated.

I'm much happier with Stuart coaching NSW than Bellamy & I despise Stuart. Bellamy had far too many chances at a rep level & failed everytime, when all is said & done he will go down as a great coach but he will always be a failure at rep level.

sticky is a goose!
but i guess we'll see wednesday night if there is actually any NSW pride, its up to the players really, not the d*ckhead coach.
they all need to play out of their skin and play the full 80mins.
i'm a Qld supporter, but if Qld win - origin is dead.... so c'mon NSW make it interesting for f*ck sake. show us this so called pride you have?

Ralphie said:
You're all entitled to your opinion, but bellamy won't ever win a thing. He will be found out as the imposter he is now that his club can't cheat.

Remember, this is the bloke whose club cheated massively and still lost 2 grand finals, one by a record score. This is the same bloke who lost three state of origin series. This is the same bloke that brought us illegal tactics such as the grapple, chicken wing, knees to the calf & the thigh. This is probably the only NRL coach that doesn't have any idea of what his salary cap position is...........pleeeeeeaaaaase don't try and defend this goose.

He's also got a team full of nuffies running second half way through the year. What do you have to say about that?

Stuart is such a cry baby. What does he think this game is, the end of life as we know it? Footie will go on without all this 'passion' rubbish. Just go out and play the game. Passiona lasts just till the first tackle, then it's all about skill and fitness. Thankfully his 'passion' didn't sway Snake when asked to be the blues fullback. Playing a guy coming back from injury at fullback is way over the top. I wonder what Hayne makes of that?

DSM5 said:
Stuart is such a cry baby. What does he think this game is, the end of life as we know it? Footie will go on without all this 'passion' rubbish. Just go out and play the game. Passiona lasts just till the first tackle, then it's all about skill and fitness. Thankfully his 'passion' didn't sway Snake when asked to be the blues fullback. Playing a guy coming back from injury at fullback is way over the top. I wonder what Hayne makes of that?

To be fair to Stuart re: Snake, Brett Stewart in a wheelchair is a better defensive fullback than Hayne & would probably be more consistent to boot.

Stuart is a media moll. He loves hearing his own voice, and his diatribe pre Origin One is totally contradictory to his endless spin for Origin 2.
Let's see if NSW wins the series. If so, I'll admit I was wrong.
Let's also see if Stuart is fair dinkum about sticking with NSW and not accepting a coaching job with an NRL team.

Wolfpack, you'll get no argument from me re Snake and Hayne. It's just the rubbish about loyalty and team selection that have me noticing Stuart's bull****. I wonder what Hayne thinks about Stuart selecting Minicello. I'd be wondering if Stuart wanted me at all, and was only pressured into selecting me by the Newspapers and the loss of his favoured winger.

Fonz said:
Ralphie said:

He's also got a team full of nuffies running second half way through the year. What do you have to say about that?

Like I said above you're entitled to your opinion, but using your logic Brian Smith is a great coach for getting to last years Grand Final.

Personally, I prefer to stick to the facts, that is, bellamy has won absolutely nothing. He hasn't even made a GF fairly as yet, that is an indisputable fact.

Let me ask you this, do you think Neil Henry is a great coach? He hasn't made a GF and hasn't won anything, but he has a Nth Qld team of nuffies in the top 4. The bottom line here is no matter how hard you try, you just can't help yourself from being influenced by 4 GF's in 4 years, but they just don't count!!!!!!!!!

Jatz Crackers said:
Will agree he is doing some good things but the terms pride & tradition are nowhere near accurate as yet. Sad to say that it will take a while for NSW to reach levels that Qld have.

Umm, there is a ****load of pride in NSW and the tradition is just as big as QLD's here. The passion has been a bit missing but that doesn't mean we don't take pride in our colours or have tradition because we do.

What Sticky has done is built a plan, then chosen the players to that plan. That's something we have been missing in this team for a long time. The first game was about technique for the halves and passion for the team. This game is about racking up the points and getting a win. Next game will bring it all together and NSW will win the series.

DSM5 said:
AAhhhhhh, a plan.
. . . that totally changes from game-to-game. Not to mention the multi changes to the originally 17 who Stuart was going to stick with.

I hope I'm wrong but I think Qld will win and I look forward to Stuart's next plan and another stash of player changes.

Fonz said:
Ralphie said:

So the so called spine of his team is Slater, Cronk and Smith. I would hardly call that a team of nuffies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4