NSW Origin and Manly star Brett Stewart's exclusive interview with Phil Rothfield

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rothfield: "I went on the record at the time saying he was wrong to suspend you before you'd been to court."

The Murdoch empire, via Rothfield, now trying to claim there was any support of substance for Brett is a total, unmitigated farce. Total spin.

Where was Rothfield's outrage at the Murdoch empire's treatment of Brett then? Where is it now? Where is the outrage at Gallop's treatment of Brett then? Where is it now?

Where is the effort to make things right for Brett? Where is the integrity? Meanwhile Rothfield probably shares beers with the likes of Kent, and supports him and his practices.

That's exactly the point I made in my as yet unpublished response to the article, and why I would love to get my hands on rothfields email address, thought I saw it floating around on here some time ago.

I would say Brett's face to face words with Gallop at the Gf would have been something along the lines of what he said in the interview.

You turned your back on me and i'll never forget it.

Hopefully Brett got a lot of cash for that interview.. i thought it was rich of Rothfield to act like someone who wasn't a part of a paper that was burying Brett in '09. Anyway, it was good to read Brett's words for a change rather than rumours and such.

Despite the interview and IMO great for Brett to unleash his feelings on the matter. What a coup for Rothfield. Front page, back page and a double spread. I'm shore Mr. Phillip is very pleased with himself at present.

For a team that apparently does not rate on Free to air TV. Manly can certainly help sell papers even if the news ain't all that favorable at times.

This interview was well overdue and good on ya Snake in telling your side of the story although I do believe its time that both Brett and Gallop sort out this issue and come to some kind of resolution.

Manly have achieved so much over the last few years on and off the field and time to move on and start publishing the good things such as loyalty and camaraderie. Lessons for other players in other teams could adhere too. Either way I'm still proud of the boys and the club overall.

Disappointing that this had to come out via the medium of Rothfield and those News Limited grubs. Those amoral bottom feeders were the catalyst for Kneejerk Gallop to cave in like the spineless twerp he is and publically crucify Brett on the flimsiest of excuses. I can't believe Brett has forgotten which media outlet fabricated the "Too drunk to remember" headline. I personally wouldn't have given Rothfield the time of day, and I certainly wouldn't "Todd Carney" on DUI Wilson if she was on fire.

I hope Brett never forgets the way Gallop treated him. I hope he does a little gallop after every try he scores as a reminder of how pathetic a leader Double Standard Dave is. I also hope we win another premiership this year so Snake can brush him again on the dias. Gallop has shown his true worth as a human by continuing this charade of justifying his actions in suspending Brett. I wonder if when he was mentoring Todd he spoke about being true to yourself and being accountable for your actions. The guy is a muppet and a hypocrite.

Long live the Prince of Brookvale, he deserves some goodness in his life.

Good on you Brett.
For what it's worth mate, you have my full support.
True gentlemen.
Hope you stay Manly for Life!

Interesting that two (only two) people in the media have had the class to apologise to Lindy Chamberlain for the relentless hatchet job the media did on her and her family. And ... surprised? ... neither of them work for News Ltd.

Rothfield had a perfect opportunity to publicly apologise to Brett here, on behalf of himself and his peers & underlings, and ... surprise, surprise ... the best he could do was to incredibly attempt to spin his total innocence.

As Lindy says, it's pointless asking people who don't want to apologise to apologise because even if they did, they'd be insincere and lying about any regret.

Fatty still has not backed away one millimetre from his attacks on Brett, or from his unqualified 120% support of perhaps the chief source and protagonist in the attacks on Brett (Gallop). Maybe Wendy Harmer could have a word in Fatty's ear about what classiness looks like when you get it wrong?

Rex said:
Interesting that two (only two) people in the media have had the class to apologise to Lindy Chamberlain for the relentless hatchet job the media did on her and her family. And ... surprised? ... neither of them work for News Ltd.

Rothfield had a perfect opportunity to publicly apologise to Brett here, on behalf of himself and his peers & underlings, and ... surprise, surprise ... the best he could do was to incredibly attempt to spin his total innocence.

As Lindy says, it's pointless asking people who don't want to apologise to apologise because even if they did, they'd be insincere and lying about any regret.

Fatty still has not backed away one millimetre from his attacks on Brett, or from his unqualified 120% support of perhaps the chief source and protagonist in the attacks on Brett (Gallop). Maybe Wendy Harmer could have a word in Fatty's ear about what classiness looks like when you get it wrong?

Well said Rex, you are spot on.

Eagle you are a muppet. The 'either' is just stupid. Brett deserves better from a so-called fan like yourself.

Shane have you read the evidence?

I always sit on the fence of you being a troll or just plain thick. I am hoping you are a troll with comments like that otherwise i worry for you

DSM5 said:
Eagle you are a muppet. The 'either' is just stupid. Brett deserves better from a so-called fan like yourself.

Dumb and dumber attack lol such idiots

(major edit - offensive attack on posters without substance or reason - Cya Shane.)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4