NSW & Holden Cups - Round 8b Team Lists, Info & Results etc.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good concept the 20's Origin, should play it on Origin night though.

Bit of a pumping by NSW

A few years ago I remember watching Gutho and Jake in the SOO as a curtain raiser at ANZ.

NRL scheduling is yet another mystery :s

Petro will be playing for Fiji tonight - he is like Cliffy, Abbott has to retire them both :)

Good 30-8 win to the Blues. Both the Manlyboys excelled :angel:

Agree @COMMANDER , should be a curtain-raiser to the seniors like in the past.

Better recognition for the kids, in front of far bigger crowds...live and on TV.

Hope the young Blues hold on to their lead.

HappilyManly said:
A few years ago I remember watching Gutho in the SOO as a curtain raiser at ANZ.

NRL scheduling is yet another mystery :s

Petro will be playing for Fiji tonight - he is like Cliffy, Abbott has to retire them both :)

No looks like they can't get their pension for another five years now...So expect to hear Petro has signed a new three year deal with the Sharks very soon!

HappilyManly said:
Newtown Jets RLFC ‏@newtownrlfc Apr 30
Great news! Our #VBNSWCup match v @manlyseaeagles will be streamed online! If you can't get to Henson, watch us at Watch Live

Sat May, 3 2014 3:00 PM AEST — Sat May, 3 2014 5:00 PM AEST

Thanks for the link HM, stayed up and watched the first half (then got sleepy).

It'd be nice if manly did this, but it'd take some volunteers, and equipment, and effort, and I'm sleepy again.

I watched the NSW Cup coverage. The commentary from the amateur Jets' supporters was classic - enthusiastic but they had little idea about the Manly players. But, it is a great initiative by Newtown.
I'm pleased to say that the team I've criticised regularly actually played very tough football and, as a result, won a very close match. Two that impressed me were:
Tyson Andrews: He is a real workhorse and has some fire, and
Sao, the biscuit boy: He has some off-loading ability.

The Elephant Man was not as impressive as the earlier two mentioned props, but I think given 5-6 more games he could be a bench-warmer for first grade and play a George Rose-like impact role.
As for some others:
Wolfman was good under the high ball and tried hard, but he seems to have lost his spark
Blair: He doesn't seem to play nearly as well in reggies as he did in the top grade
Hasson: Disappointing. Before the season started he was my pick as the prop who would step up and claim a regular top grade position. From what I've seen he is now our No. 8 ranked prop.
Anyway, well played boys. You have proven you can be a much more successful team than your position on the ladder indicates.

The commentators last year were calling Manly,Norths or Newtown games last year on 2HHH. Overall they were quite entertaining but when you see the game and hear them, you can see they do miss a bit. This I think they call the games on SteeleSports Radio.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6