NSW & Holden Cups - Round 8 Team Lists, Info & Results etc.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
HOLDEN CUP - Round 8 - Sea Eagles Team List to take on the Canberra Raiders at Brrokvale Oval at 11:45 AM on Sunday (27th of April):

1. TOM TRBOJEVIC
2. KYLE SAUNDERS
3. CHARLIE TAYLOR
4. LUKE GARNER
5. LUKE GOSLING
6. WILL PEARSALL
7. ZACH NICHOLLS
8. JACK DELANEY
9. MICHAEL STIGG
10. JAMES MIRCESKI
11. LEONATIS FEILOAKITU
12. LIAM KNIGHT
13. NICHOLAS LYNN

14. CRAIG MCMURRICH
15. JORDAN LATHAM
16. RHYS ARMSTRONG
17. EVAN LEE
18. JACKSON KELLY

COACH: DAVID HEATH

* Team List subject to change. *

NSW CUP - Round 8 - Sea Eagles Team List to take on the Illawarra Cutters at WIN Stadium at 3:00 PM on Saturday (26th of April):

1. CLINTON GUTHERSON
2. JAYDEN HORO
3. DOMENIC REARDON
4. CHEYSE BLAIR
5. MATT IKUVALU
6. JACK LITTLEJOHN (C)
7. MANAIA RUDOLPH
8. JAKE TRBOJEVIC
9. JAYDEN HODGES
10. TYSON ANDREWS
11. EPALAHAME LAUAKI
12. TOM SYMONDS
13. DANIEL HARRISON

15. MASADA IOSEFA
16. MICHAEL CHEE KAM
17. TODD WILSON
18. DYLAN KELLY

COACH: LUKE WILLIAMSON

* Team List subject to change. *

DRAWS:

Click here for HOLDEN CUP Draw.

Click here for NSW CUP Draw.

LADDERS:

Click here for HOLDEN CUP ladder.

Click here for NSW CUP ladder.

VB NSW Cup: Round 8 preview

By NSWRL Media
Thu 24th April, 03:00PM

Illawarra Cutters Vs Manly Warringah Sea Eagles

WIN Stadium, April 26, 3pm
Referee: Daniel Olford

The Cutters ran into the red hot Warriors last weekend and couldn’t match their intensity, especially in the first half, in their match at WIN Jubilee, while Manly showed some real potential in their 42-14 win over North Sydney. Manly youngsters Jake Trbojevic and Clinton Gutherson will use this match as their last chance to push for selection in the GIO NSW Under 20s side for next weekend’s clash against Queensland. Kyle Stanley and Sam Williams will start in the halves for the Cutters for the second weekend while Ian Millward’s forward pack is unchanged from last weekend. Manly have named Epalahame Lauaki to start in the back-row with Tom Symonds and Daniel Harrison with Ligi Sao missing this match courtesy of a careless high tackle charge he picked up last weekend against the Bears. A win for Manly will give them some breathing space from the last-placed Bulldogs side while a loss for the Cutters further clogs up the VB NSW Cup top-eight.

Crafty Craig: Craig Garvey lit up the field when he came into the fray at WIN Jubilee last weekend and it will be intriguing to see how Ian Millward uses the former Earlwood and La Perouse junior this weekend.

Prediction: A rejuvenated Manly side will push the Cutters all the way but the class of Sam Williams and Kyle Stanley will get the Illawarra side home. Cutters by 6.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2014/04/24/vb_nsw_cup_previews_round_8.html

Wow, first Gifty and now O'Dare :(
http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2014/04/22/bears_v_sea_eagles_vb_nsw_cup_rd_7.html

Still a blight on Manly for not having the NSW Cup Player Profiles up on the MWSE Site :mad:

What has happened to the poster who used to give detailed analysis of these sides? "the halves are ordinary and the forwards are hogs". I enjoyed reading his posts - very entertaining.

sami12 said:
Odare played for Norths against us last week

He wasn't listed in the Bears Round 7 team list:

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2014/04/15/vb_nsw_cup_team_lists_round_seven.html

but he is listed as North's number 18 this week against the Wentworthville Magpies.

Did we ever really sign him to a proper contract for this year? Going by this article in the Manly Daily from December last year:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/former-sydney-uni-rugby-winger-chases-sea-eagles-contract/story-fngr8iii-1226786747415

It stated:

"Winger Mark O'Dare is going all out to impress the club's coaches enough during his training contact which runs until February to get signed up for 2014."

If that was the case and he was only ever with us under a training contract then he mustn't have made the grade for Manly and is now playing for Norths or the Rabbits as the North Sydney NSW Cup side.

That's right Jethro, I heard someone on ABC radio a week or 2 back saying that's what happened, we let him go and wished him well if he can get a start somewhere else.

Jethro said:
sami12 said:
Odare played for Norths against us last week

He wasn't listed in the Bears Round 7 team list:

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2014/04/15/vb_nsw_cup_team_lists_round_seven.html

but he is listed as North's number 18 this week against the Wentworthville Magpies.

Did we ever really sign him to a proper contract for this year? Going by this article in the Manly Daily from December last year:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/former-sydney-uni-rugby-winger-chases-sea-eagles-contract/story-fngr8iii-1226786747415

It stated:

"Winger Mark O'Dare is going all out to impress the club's coaches enough during his training contact which runs until February to get signed up for 2014."

If that was the case and he was only ever with us under a training contract then he mustn't have made the grade for Manly and is now playing for Norths or the Rabbits as the North Sydney NSW Cup side.
thats right,from memory,he was trialing for contract with us

Match report: NSW Cup vs Illawarra

Hi all, went as close to home but sort of wished I didn't!! Lethargic or lack of intensity summed it up, from Manly's end. Beaten 28-4 and that pretty well summed it up.
Reports:
Standouts:
Gutherson: played 5/8 and really worked hard, made some excellent runs and stood up. Skinny kid and will need more time.
Jake Trbojevic: MOM for us. What a player!! Big, mobile and played huge minutes. Led the team from the front and just looks classy in everything he does. 2015 for me.
Tom Symonds: played really well in a very poor team effort. Definitely put in but hard to see how he will get back in 1sts.
Fair:
Hasson: Did okay but wanted more from him. Hits it up but with little momentum to break the line.
Tyson Andrews: smallish prop and at his level at NSW Cup. Looked 2nd rate against Jake T.
Masada Iosefa: replacement hooker and remember him from juniors when huge wraps. Don't know what went wrong with him? Has a nice stocky build but just literally picked up and passed. Didn't shine.
Daniel Harrison: worker and did well around the rucks. Shame as he looked impressive a few years ago.
Fullback: Matt Ikuvalu: did quite well with most plays. Nothing spectacular but solid.
Disappointing:
Chee Kam: Very skinny, sitting in front of me on the bench!! Is he now a back? because he looks small for a 2nd rower. Absolutely no impact and if you didn't know him you would never think he gets 100k plus per season. Had high hopes for him but will have to bulk up big time.
Cheyse Blair: Did a clanger when ran the ball on the 5th and kicked it straight to them and they ran 80 metres and scored. Dropped ball and didn't do anything to get himself back in 1sts.
Wolfman: Got another intercept and ran down near the half way. Kept coming out of the line to intercept or knock it down. Sad to see him standing with some of this lot.
Halfback Rudolph: No wonder Tigers let him go. Wrong options, kicking into the stand, hospital passes, he had it all!!
Epa Lauaki: Real keen to see him but very little input. Didn't really break the line. Gee, he will have to improve to get anywhere near JSL.

RE: Match report: NSW Cup vs Illawarra

So, in summary: on that performance the only NRL candidates are
TRed, Jake Turbo & Gutho ?
(if he can put on a bit of bulk - but not too much, cause it'll slow him down).

Yes, it seems. Jake is definitely number one!!! We didn't have Sao playing, nor Hodges so that is two more huge probabilities for 2015 and beyond. Clint looks quite good, not great but has that bit extra. Not that sure if he will make it (SAD TO SAY) I have always said Tom T (20's fullback and still in year 12) is a special and has shown huge form in all grades so far.

Big wraps on Toyota players Liam Knight (2nd row) saw him score 4 tries once. Charlie Taylor (centre) is a flyer and hopefully we can keep him.

Thanks for the honest report . Hopefully Jake T gets some serious minutes this year because we need some spark in the forwards . Chee Kam looked quite big the last time I saw him play with the Raiders as a wide running backrower. Maybe he went on the Wolfman's diet .

I agree driftout about Chee Kam. I remember him being a big, barnstorming 2nd rower. He was quite lean today. Maybe with all the injuries he couldn't lift weights etc and has lost his some of his bulk? I have read Tooves rates him so maybe they see 2014 as slowly bringing him back for possibly 2015? fingers crossed as I remember reading we paid $450k for 3 years.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6