NSW & Holden Cups - Round 25 Team Lists, Info & Results etc.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Harry said:
sami12 said:
It's obvious your talking about Charlie Taylor but maybe we should remember that opinions of players on here doesn't always mean their right.I hope he turns out to be the player that some people think he already is but he has along way to go .The 20s team has a lot of talent and they need to be patient and prove themselves in a much tougher arena as gutho and jake have.
Bloody oath there are some players in the 20s that will go a long way and will probably get an opportunity to debut a lot sooner somewhere else especially with a few 18 year olds debuting at other clubs already and yes you are right your opinion on here doesn't mean your right.
Making it in nrl sometimes is all about timing ,manly have had some great young players in the past who have had to sit behind this playing group and have missed the opportunity.
We all look at a 20s game and see lots of talent they should be patient because this group have got the opportunity with the ageing roster we have.
And just a side note who is going to miss out so Taylor gets a run , Hiku or Tafua or maybe Lyon!!!!

sami12 said:
Harry said:
sami12 said:
It's obvious your talking about Charlie Taylor but maybe we should remember that opinions of players on here doesn't always mean their right.I hope he turns out to be the player that some people think he already is but he has along way to go .The 20s team has a lot of talent and they need to be patient and prove themselves in a much tougher arena as gutho and jake have.
Bloody oath there are some players in the 20s that will go a long way and will probably get an opportunity to debut a lot sooner somewhere else especially with a few 18 year olds debuting at other clubs already and yes you are right your opinion on here doesn't mean your right.
Making it in nrl sometimes is all about timing ,manly have had some great young players in the past who have had to sit behind this playing group and have missed the opportunity.
We all look at a 20s game and see lots of talent they should be patient because this group have got the opportunity with the ageing roster we have.
And just a side note who is going to miss out so Taylor gets a run , Hiku or Tafua or maybe Lyon!!!!

I agree with the aging roster there could be opportunities for some down the track but that might still not happen as the club keep buying players from outside. To be realistic Brett Stewart, Matai and Watmough could go and who knows who else. But playing in an unachieving cup side every year here is not very exciting either. Penrith today played with a 19 year hooker making his debut from the 20s. The same thing should happen at Manly if there are injuries start blooding some of the juniors like other clubs are doing. With Kingy gone after this season and if Watmough goes, we will have no local juniors in the 1st grade side and thats sad.

Harry, I hear what you are saying but who do you drop??? not this year anyway!! Brett, Jorge, Steve, Jamie and Hiku (promoted) Jake T is being looked after and do you think Charlie Taylor at present is a better centre than Lyon? Yes, maybe in 1-2 years but not now.

Comparing Penrith with our juniors is a bit different. Knight, Hoppa, Taylor aren't ready yet. Jake T is being well managed and will be bigger and better and taking Kingy's spot. Sao will get a look in as well. Tom T has been signed for 3 years.
What juniors have left us and gone bigger? Hoppa got offered a fortune we couldn't match.

Three stand outs in the Holden Cup side Trbojevic , Garner and Hoppas boy. The rest tried hard but these where head an shoulders the pick of our side.

faithful said:
Three stand outs in the Holden Cup side Trbojevic , Garner and Hoppas boy. The rest tried hard but these where head an shoulders the pick of our side.

What a great weekend for Manly!

I'm not clued-in much at all on Garner...Can you give us a bit more info on him @faithful ?

RiverEagle said:
faithful said:

What a great weekend for Manly!

I'm not clued-in much at all on Garner...Can you give us a bit more info on him @faithful ?
My understanding is he has come down from Queensland. Hoppa was the best on the field by far, he made some good breaks throughout the game playing on that left edge. Manly mainly attack on the left side all the time so most players on this side will get plenty of good ball. Unfortunately your backs on the right side are not seeing much and are not getting any ball in space.

I was able to watch the second half of the Toyota Cup and it was a stirring win - one that the first grade emulated. It looked like they were beaten, but two late tries sealed the win. I think they can squeeze into the finals, should they win next week, as several teams one point higher play one another.
I think Tom Turbojet is a rare talent. Again from what I saw yesterday he'll be the long-term successor to Brett Stewart. Gutherson will have to slot into another backline spot.
Did anyone watch the NSW Cup win? If so, did any of our reserves excel?

Manly are on 27 pts with Easts, Souths, Penrith and Warriors all on 28. The U20s need Roosters to beat Souths and Broncos to beat Melbourne which are both quite possible. Warriors play Penrith so the winner will cement one of the two remaining spots. Prior to our match the boys will know if they're still alive. They then need to go out and win against the Cowboys who are 7 pts below us. Manly seems to perform better against the higher teams and not so well against the teams they should beat. Think Gold coast smashing a couple of weeks back. Who knows - at least they're in contention and they're late comebacks have made it worthwhile to get to Brookie a bit earlier this year.

Sea Eagles V Bulldogs - VB NSW Cup Rd 25

Mon 1st September, 04:15PM
By Lars Roy at Campbelltown Sports Stadium

The Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles have defeated the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 30-24, in a game that was moved from Brookvale Oval to Campbelltown Stadium on Saturday.

Despite a terrific start from the Bulldogs that saw them run in three tries within the first quarter of play, Manly ran away with 30 unanswered points, until two quick tries in the 74th and 78th minute by the Bulldogs closed the gap.

Click here to read the full article and view the video highlights package at NSWRL.com.au

Just watched the video I hope it was just an off day for Gutherson but my god he needs to improve his tackling if he wants to wear the number 1 in the NRL for Manly.

faithful said:
Just watched the video I hope it was just an off day for Gutherson but my god he needs to improve his tackling if he wants to wear the number 1 in the NRL for Manly.

Agreed. I think all five Dogs' tries could have been prevented by good defence from Gutherson. I've noticed it before. It seems to be his weakness.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6