NSW & Holden Cups - Round 23 Team Lists, Info & Results etc.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Harry said:
Great to see Manson score, could see him playing in the halves
Good move, he'd leave opposition defences under his spell.

Yeah that's a bit creepy for the kid.

Maybe he sings a bit of goth-rock too...

Highly possible his nickname's Charlie or Marilyn, I'd reckon!

You could well be right mick.

And Cosmo (Gutherson) seems to have really stepped up, seemingly since the repetitive baggings he copped here, earlier in the season.

The kid's a class act and future good 1st-grader.

(Just prefers a dodgy hair-cut, is all!)

RiverEagle said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Harry said:

Maybe he sings a bit of goth-rock too mate...

Highly likely his nickname's Charlie or Marilyn, I'd reckon!

Have they been adapting Manson for the halves? He was originally a star full back on the Central Coast as a 17 year old playing in the firsts for the premiership winning Woy Woy Roosters side. Also noted young Albert Hopoate has been killing them in school boy RL for St Augustines (Brookvale) again as their full back. Their Under 14 side went through undefeated and without a score against them. So in future full backs we have Gutherson, Trbojevic, Taylor, Manson and Hopoate. No problem with Snakes eventual replacement it seems.

Bearfax said:
RiverEagle said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Harry said:

Maybe he sings a bit of goth-rock too mate...

Highly likely his nickname's Charlie or Marilyn, I'd reckon!

Have they been adapting Manson for the halves? He was originally a star full back on the Central Coast as a 17 year old playing in the firsts for the premiership winning Woy Woy Roosters side. Also noted young Albert Hopoate has been killing them in school boy RL for St Augustines (Brookvale) again as their full back. Their Under 14 side went through undefeated and without a score against them. So in future full backs we have Gutherson, Trbojevic, Taylor, Manson and Hopoate. No problem with Snakes eventual replacement it seems.
Manson used to play in the halves growing up and what I have been hearing would love to go back and play there again. It gives him and manly another option and I think he would go great, he has good speed, good ball control and has the perfect frame for a halve and he is a great kid. I would love to see him get a go. Manly have too many good fullbacks coming through which is a good for the club but not good if your a player my mail is some might not be back next season which is sad.

First Grade is here watching the NYC 34-10 flogging :s

Tommy T is back, but no one is tackling in our 10 meters :(

Blue skies, warm afternoon of footy - I've almost forgotten how pleasant the daylight games were :)

The ground announcer sounds like Goldie :huh: Sounds like Brookie :D

That is very disappointing, but thanks @HappilyManly

At least the weather's favourable for a (hopefully) good to great senior's performance!

62-22 major loss :(

Although the Ref was an idiot. Outdone by the Eastside Linesman who didn't see 2 forward passes that were almost caught by Manly, at least 2 meters past his dumbhead :mad:

HappilyManly said:
62-22 major loss :(

Although the Ref was an idiot. Outdone by the Eastside Linesman who didn't see 2 forward passes that were almost caught by Manly, at least 2 meters past his dumbhead :mad:

Disgraceful. I hope the coach is doing the sandhill runs himself this week !

Never really been critical of the refs for the 20s until today. The Ref was woeful. Besides that our defence was very poor, disorganised and not moving up. Only standout for us was Tom T.

The iSelect Gold Titans under-20s side recorded a 70-point turnaround in six days to score a huge 62-22 win over the Manly Sea Eagles at Cbus Stadium this afternoon.

After going down to the Sydney Roosters 46-16 last week, the young Titans put in a great first-half effort to go into the break leading 34-14 before continuing their dominance in the second-half to score the upset victory over the higher-placed Manly outfit.

Kane Elgey, Deacon Fletcher, Zac Spring and Anthony Coleman all grabbed doubles to edge the Titans out to their biggest win of the season.

Although they won by 40 points the Titans began poorly with Manly scoring on their first set through Nicholas Lynn who crossed under the posts to give Luke Garner an easy conversion and a 6-0 lead after just two minutes.

The Titans responded in spectacular fashion with Brian Kelly finishing of a crafty backline play to cross in the corner. Fletcher converted from the sideline to tie the scores up at 6-all.

A penalty piggy-backed the Titans upfield and they took full advantage with Shaun Hudson scooting out from dummy-half to beat three defenders and cross under the posts to give Fletcher an easy conversion and the side a 12-6 lead after 17 minutes of play.

With the momentum now in their favour, the Titans threatened the Manly defence and Coleman received a neat short pass to score under the posts to extend the Titans lead out to 18-6 after 24 minutes.

The Titans went back-to-back from the resulting kick-off with Coleman slicing through to score his second try of the afternoon. With Fletcher adding the extras the Titans lead 24-6 with 15 minutes remaining in the half.

Manly hit back minutes later when fullback Tom Trbojevic sliced through the Titans’ defence to score out wide, but with Garner’s kick sailing wide the Titans lead 24-10 with just under 10 minutes remaining in the half.

The Titans continued to dominate with the ball in hand and Elgey scored under the posts extending the Titans lead out to 28-10.

The Titans had one last crack at the Manly defence before the half-time break and took full advantage with Fletcher crossing before converting his own try to give the Titans a 34-10 lead going into the break.

Manly needed to be the first to score in the second half and they got the luck of the bounce in the 47th minute with Liam Knight grounding a bouncing grubber kick in the in-goal to reduce the margin to 34-14.

But the Titans responded through Fletcher who grabbed his second try of the afternoon before converting his own try to extend the lead out to 40-14.

Manly struck back with back-to-back tries to winger Kyle Saunders and centre Charlie Taylor to reduce the deficit back to 40-22 with 15 minutes remaining,

The Titans ended any hope Manly had of a late surge to victory with Elgey slicing through the grab his second try to give the home-side a 46-22 lead with just over 10 minutes remaining.

The Titans finished the match in style with winger Zac Spring crossing twice and Broadhurst grabbing his second try to give the Titans a 62-22 win.

The Titans will look to keep their winning momentum when they take on the St George Illawarra Dragons at Jubilee Stadium next Sunday.

Gold Coast Titans 62 (D Fletcher 2, K Elgey 2, A Coleman 2, Z Spring 2, C Broadhurst, B Kelly, S Hudson; D Fletcher 9 goals) defeated Manly Sea Eagles 22 (N Lynn, T Trbojevic, L Knight, K Saunders 2, C Taylor 2; L Garner goal).

Nice to see Saunders and Taylor pick up 2 tries each

So apart from the bare bones (or skeletal remains) of such a pitiful loss, are there any explanations from our side of the table?

A loss to a lower-side is bad.

A belting of this nature is extraordinarily bad.

Illness; injuries; voodoo or an early Schoolies on the GC??

ANYTHING, from someone there?

RiverEagle said:
So apart from the bare bones (or skeletal remains) of such a pitiful loss, are there any explanations from our side of the table?

A loss to a lower-side is bad.

A belting of this nature is extraordinarily bad.

Illness; injuries; voodoo or an early Schoolies on the GC??

ANYTHING, from someone there?
There are problems in the team and with the coach and players are wanting out. If the club was keen on winning, the boys should have travelled up last night with 1st grade rather than leave at 9 am this morning for a 1pm game, this wouldn't have helped. Saying that there is no game plan and the basics are not being implemented in the team. All the other teams who watch the DVDs are awake up to the same style of play each week and the way Manly mainly attack on the left side and a few of the bigger props are being wasted and not getting much game time

What is it with Manly's selection of lower grade coaches. They seem to do fine with first grade...Toovey seems an excellent coach...and his support coaches always seem top notch. But the NSW Cup and U 20 coaches seem to be on the nose year after year. Hope we dont lose some of these kids coming through, but if there is suggestion of that then manly need to be doing something quickly about their lower grade coaching selections. Why isnt someone like Cliff Lyons being offered a spot or the coaches of the Peninsula Seagulls side

Why, OH WHY, are people hung up on the results of our lower grades? Do not our players step up when they get the call up from the reggies? That is all that should matter. I've said this numerous times, but I couldn't care less about the results of the lower grades. I actually prefer our lower grades to be down the table and struggle, it means our talented guys playing there have to work harder and the step up to first grade isn't as big. Look at some of the most dominant junior teams and they will still only have a few blokes make the top grade, its because they get to play their entire junior career never having to get out of first gear and winning either through just sheer size and/or talent. We don't produce anywhere near the numbers of juniors of some other clubs but ours that do make end up having long careers as first graders. Whereas other clubs who dominant the lower grades might end up having more blokes play first grade but most of them are gone after a season or 2. Let these other clubs fill their trophy cabinets with NSW Cup titles and Flegg and SG Ball titles and I'll settle for NRL premierships.

Bearfax said:
What is it with Manly's selection of lower grade coaches. They seem to do fine with first grade...Toovey seems an excellent coach...and his support coaches always seem top notch. But the NSW Cup and U 20 coaches seem to be on the nose year after year. Hope we dont lose some of these kids coming through, but if there is suggestion of that then manly need to be doing something quickly about their lower grade coaching selections. Why isnt someone like Cliff Lyons being offered a spot or the coaches of the Peninsula Seagulls side

Agree with you and with the 20s coach Heath, I have never heard of him. With limited positions available in our 1sts and so many 19 year olds making their debut at other clubs already. I can't see too many of the talented players in our 20s hanging around here next season, some of these kids should be getting game time in 1sts now, the thought of playing and getting injured in an unachieving Cup side continuously here is not very appealing either, who could blame them, you might as well bang your head against a brick wall.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6