NSW & Holden Cups - Round 19 Team Lists, Info & Results etc.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What a game in the 20s. Couldn't wait for the final hooter to go off in such a close game for our boys to get the win, now winning 6 games in a row beating the 6th place Dragons team and just now being out of the eighth position.
The whole team never gave up and played with determination. Good luck to the boys against the Warriors on Sunday.

Tries to
Taylor doing a 60 meter breakaway try (who had a terrific game as fullback and was superb under the high ball)
Hopoate
Travers
Goals Garner 3/3

Thank you @Harry

Our junior eagles seem to be well-and-truly gelling into a good, competitive team.

Charlie Taylor's name just keeps popping up more often, and is clearly one to watch (and hang onto!)

Same with Jamil (Hopoate). Hopefully his early season woes are well-behind him; as he too is making our regular highlight-reel.

Any further info on Tom T's injury at all?

RiverEagle said:
Thank you @Harry

Our junior eagles seem to be well-and-truly gelling into a good, competitive team.

Charlie Taylor's name just keeps popping up more often, and is clearly one to watch (and hang onto!)

Same with Jamil (Hopoate). Hopefully his early season woes are well-behind him; as he too is making our regular highlight-reel.

Any further info on Tom T's injury at all?

I am hearing he will out for a few more weeks and his brother Jake out for the season

Yeah I was aware Jake was gone for the year.

Perhaps Tom will make it back, and get a few games in prior to finals.

I don't want to jinx the boys, but 6 in a row can't be ignored (and against some pretty good sides).

RiverEagle said:
Yeah I was aware Jake was gone for the year.

Perhaps Tom will make it back, and get a few games in prior to finals.

I don't want to jinx the boys, but 6 in a row can't be ignored (and against some pretty good sides).

This next game against the Warriors will be tough for the boys against a huge team but the boys just have to make sure they don't give them any ball and try to make these big warriors players run around and tire them out. Great to see them doing well.

It's very pleasing to see the Under 20's battling so hard and wearing the Manly jersey with pride. The lads should train with our Reserve graders and show them what it means to play for Manly.

The highlights video of the reggies game is up on the NSWRL website.
http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2014/07/23/mounties_v_sea_eagles_vb_nsw_cup_rd_19.html
It does give a sense of the gulf between that and first grade. There are some easy runs through the middle for tries from both sides.
One of these is by Epalahame Lauaki and he does look an imposing unit. Hard to say if he is top grade material though.
The highlight from a Manly perspective is Berryman's last try. He does seem to have a touch of class.

Yes. The players can obviously attack, but they don;t seem committed in defence. This comes down to motivation. It may partly explain that when any of them are promoted to first grade they rise to the challenge.
That last try by Berryman was special, as was The Elephant Man's barging four-pointer.

Yeah let's just cut out all this BS, release Skivy, Snake, Choc and any otheres that don't love this club.

Promote these guys like Epa L, Berryman, Satini and Andrews...and be done with it!

(Um, after we win on Grand Final Day, I mean)

RiverEagle said:
Yeah let's just cut out all this BS, release Skivy, Snake, Choc and any otheres that don't love this club.

Promote these guys like Epa L, Berryman, Satini and Andrews...and be done with it!

(Um, after we win on Grand Final Day, I mean)
Who told you that Skivy , Snake , and Choc dont love the club . Is it Rothfield ????? LOL
You watch players Like Skivy each week play with passion and pain and you say that they dont love the club ?
Choc is playing with a torn bicep and Snake with a broken heart .
How would you feel if you played with your brother all your life and all of a sudden you are faced of playing against him ?
2V is a great coach because he is also a leader of man . Good leaders keep the team together and not piss them off

BOZO said:
How would you feel if you played with your brother all your life and all of a sudden you are faced of playing against him ?

Snake negotiated his contract just last year. He could have easily inserted a clause stipulating that its null and void if his brother is not re-signed :idea:

Instead, he negotiated 4 year extension, rather than sign for the 3 that Manly offered - his choice, his priority :cool:

HappilyManly said:
BOZO said:

Snake negotiated his contract just last year. He could have easily inserted a clause stipulating that its null and void if his brother is not re-signed :idea:

Instead, he negotiated 4 year extension, rather than sign for the 3 that Manly offered - his choice, his priority :cool:
That does not mean that he is happy that Gift was not signed . Who would have thought Gift would not have been offerd a contract ?

BOZO said:

Great! Give me a chance to smack that coat tail riding echidna right in the mush!

:cool:

And @BOZO

A little bird told me that a big fish fessed all that up...So I ate em both for dinner!

You know I'm being facetious there mate.

But HM makes a fair point too.

Snake's savvy enough to know (when it comes to contracts) he could've easily had a ''get out clause'' when it came to his brother's retention.

Where's Gutherson? Saw he got injured in firsts two weeks ago but he's not mentioned on the injury list. Had an ankle injury.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6