NSW & Holden Cups - 2015 Round 20 Team Lists, Info & Results etc.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is there any highlights of the under 20s? I forgot it was on.

Great to hear tommy turbo blew them away!!!! This year will be the making of tommy t. He's had a taste of first grade and its making him even hungrier. Brilliant stuff.

Santini has cramps, TT has cramps in NYC - is it hot over in AKL?

2 to go and still leading by 2 against the Ladder leaders :rock:

Is there any highlights of the under 20s? I forgot it was on.

Great to hear tommy turbo blew them away!!!! This year will be the making of tommy t. He's had a taste of first grade and its making him even hungrier. Brilliant stuff.
Foxtel will replay it - check their guide 2:30 am Monday you can record it on Fox Sports 1

Well done - good effort despite a few mistakes and one sided pen count

Fulltime, Manly 18 - 16, Big upset win for the boys, the did it the hard way very scrappy game as a rule but they will take a win on their first half performance, alarmingly we seemed to run our of juice in the last 15 minutes but good win boys!

2 from 3 now for 1st grade to make it 3 from 3
Chee kam and Reardom went good and wolfie well i like wolfie so he can do no wrong
footnote: thought Lawrence look stiff and struggled with the pace of nsw cup so ill be surprised if he gets a start in 1st grade for a few weeks yet

Hodges played very well. Made a heap of tackles, and held the team together when most of the other guys were giving away penalties. I thought Vave had good impact, and Satini was also prominent.

Foxtel will replay it - check their guide 2:30 am Monday you can record it on Fox Sports 1

All well and good if you happen to have Foxtel, but not everyone does.

Unfortunately the NRL website doesn't have any Holden Cup news or videos past 2014. That is pretty piss poor IMO.

Last edited:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...es-in-holden-cup/story-e6frf3ru-1227456672983

NRL 2015: Sea Eagles flyer Tom Trbojevic pushes first grade recall with four long-range tries in Holden Cup

HALF of Manly’s playing roster is on the chopping block, but one of the Sea Eagles brightest young stars is bashing down the door to first grade to no avail.

https://video.api.foxsports.com.au/marble-api/rest/share/465806

Gun 18-year-old fullback Tom Trbojevic tore the Warriors under 20s to pieces at Mt Smart Stadium on Saturday, running in four astonishing long range tries.

Incredibly it’s not the first time this year Trbojevic has bagged four meat pies in Holden Cup game, having achieved the feat in round one earlier this year.

"Departures are disturbing"

His repeat effort proves emphatically once and for all that he is simply too good to be playing against kids that are still two years older than him, but due to an ankle injury and Manly’s glut of talent in the outside backs he’s struggled to get a game in first grade in 2015.

There was plenty conjecture last week when coach Geoff Toovey recalled Kiwi international Peta Hiku into his side at the expense of Trbojevic, and reasons to keep the rising fullback — who is contracted to the club until the end of 2016 and was once a recruitment target of Bulldogs mentor Des Hasler — will be thin on ground after this latest performance.

With five-eighth Kieran Foran moving to the Eels next year, a potential spot could open up in the Sea Eagles back five if Jamie Lyon or Brett Stewart were to switch into the No. 6 jumper.

But with Hiku, veteran Steve Matai, Jorge Taufua and injured Junior Kangaroos fullback Clinton Gutherson all still at the club, Trbojevic is still no guarantee of getting an extended run in 2016.

Just as an afterthought after watching the TV replay of Manly's U20s performance against the Warriors on Fox Tuesday morning.

Firstly David Heath looks to me to be an excellent young coach. The fluidity of his team is a pleasure to behold. They make mistakes but when they get it together they act as a union as well as the Melbourne Storm firsts.

Secondly Tom Terrific was magic to behold and way too good for U 20s. Not sure of his defense , but he is always hanging around behind the play the ball waiting to back up. If Snake retains his post (could make a good 5/8) I think Tom needs to be in firsts closer to the action, maybe centre. He looks better when he's constantly in motion. Seems to settle his play. And he looks to be an excellent playmaker and backs up brilliantly. Maybe eventually 5/8 though when mature he'll be a superstar at FB.

The others who impressed were Demetriou, Knight and Pearsal. Watching Demetriou in the centres instead of forwards, he was like a pocket battleship version of a mix of Noel Cleal and Watmough...almost unstoppable. He's also too good for the 20s. Knight was constantly making big metres and for such a big lad, he is very mobile...a definite first grader. Then there's Pearsal. He's not very quick, but he's elusive and an excellent play maker. Watching him set up Tom and Demetriou time and again was like watching a machine in action. I suspect by next year he may be the answer to link with DCE.

Those four were a class ahead of everyone else on the field I felt. Ramien also was good with limited contact with the ball. I understand Bainbridge is also worth a look. But Tom, Demetriou, Knight and Pearsal look first grade bound.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8