NSW & Holden Cups - 2015 Round 16 Team Lists, Info & Results etc.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jets score
28-14
Game over
Our boys have given up in the second half
Seems like it very much as our 1st grade squad

Anyone know what happened to Rhys Armstrong in 20's ......was in that rep group that Laurie Daley picked last year with Gutherson and Turbo?
Got him from Tigers........

Thank you for your updates throughout the game yesterday @davohan123

I was at the game too but trying to type match updates while watching the game too just turns into a disaster!! Haha

It's taken me a while but I've put together some of my thoughts about yesterday's game and hope it provides a bit more in sight into the game and how the team played. :)

After reading your updates I do want to say that I thought the boys did actually play a lot better than your updates sounded like. Apologies if I've interpreted them incorrectly.
I thought they were unlucky not to come away with the win as they attacked well, had plenty of the ball in attack, especially in the 1st half and it was nice to see the boys finally running the footy hard and playing more second phase footy. I also thought they were defensively good all day as well as working as a team in attack and defense, but silly coach killing errors and penalties with some poor individual choices at critical moments of the game, as well as some poor 5th tackle options let all their good work down!

This was the case for both teams all afternoon and in fairness to both teams, the game was a tough arm wrestle for the whole 80mins so errors and fatigue are a given. But Newtown did capitalise better on their penalties and this was the difference in the end.
It also doesn't help when at a critical time at the back end of the game, Baker gives away a stupid penalty for biting and is placed on report, and on the very first hit up after the penalty and 30-40m out from our goal line we give away another penalty for a lifting tackle and both were boys were also put on report. Straight after this Newtown scored a try for a 12pt lead.

I don't agree that the boys gave up in the 2nd half. I would say it's more a lack of fitness in playing a tough full 80mins rather than a lack of effort because I thought that the effort was definitely there. I also think that Newtown really upping the ante after half time had an obvious impact on the game. Our boys were out on their haunches 20mins into the 2nd half but they all still found a way to dig in for each other and play as a team for 80mins. This would probably be the first time this year that they actually played a full 80mins of footy!

Even though they lost Williamson and his men should walk away from the game feeling pretty positive with their efforts.
Its kinda hard to pick a clear standout performance like previous weeks as everyone played well, but below are some of my thoughts......

The forwards laid a great platform for our halves and backs by running hard and straight as well as popping out plenty of offloads, which is something they don't usually do in a game. Our halves worked well off the back of our big boppers by running the ball more and playing plenty of 2nd phase footy!

Chee Kam and Kelly were great. Chee Kam has been consistently great every game lately but the 2nd phase footy really complimented Kelly's attacking game, and his combinations with Rudolph and Satini were great and was rewarded for his efforts with hattrick. I thought he was great all day and not just in the first half as the match summary on NSWRL website indicates.

Berryman was getting starved of the ball out on the wing and it was frustrating to watch as on so many occasions his opposite was so far up and in that a quick play the ball with quicker ball movement out to him and his speed and try scoring ability could have become nightmarish for the Jets, but the ball shift out to the wing was always a play the ball too late. Once Berryman started coming in off the wing and demanding the ball, his speed and support play created headaches for Newtown for most of the game.

I think our halves did well and didn't play boring predictable footy like they usually do. They mixed it up and moved the ball around using the entire width of the field. Aldridge's goal kicking was spot on once again and right from the start Rudolph played like he had a point to prove, running the footy and taking the ball right to the line.
They will have to work on their 5th tackle options and execution of those kicks because at times they chose to kick a high ball when really a grubber kick in goal to force a goal line drop out was the right option. Also some of their grubber kicks that we probably could have scored off had a little too much heat and went over the dead ball line before the chasers could catch it.

Hodges was also great as he usually is every week but in such an arm wrestle of a match, his ball hogging tendencies near the try line were costly. With 2mins left on the clock and thanks to some good open play on the left edge and an awesome break down the sideline by Wolfman, the boys found themselves 20m out from the try line and with 5 tackles up their sleeve!..... Enter Hodges..... From 10m in from the sideline the boys set up and clearly called the play. Now I don't know what Hodges was thinking but on tackle 1 he ignored the the set play and tried to run it himself on the short side, but at the same time Newtown had rushed up in defense, blocked his run and tackled him. He made no metres and simply wasted the tackle. Straight away Rudolph and Wolfman let him know that they weren't happy with him. BUT then on the 3rd tackle and like a fish with a 3 sec memory, he does exactly the same thing, AGAIN!

What's frustrating is that when the boys attacked as planned and as a team, they either scored or came close to scoring and have proven they can match it with the top teams. They just need to do it every week.
And that's exactly how they needed to play in the final 2mins but Hodges stuffed it up through his own selfish play not once but twice, killing the teams momentum and clear mindset and the boys just couldn't pull themselves out of it.

Satini was also good in defense and attack but please, can someone give that guy a pair of those NFL/AFL non slip gloves since the non stick spray is obviously not working cos my oh my he just cannot catch or hold onto the ball!
Too often he frustratingly drops an easy pass like it's a cake of soap...... and yesterday was no different! He even bombed a critical try by losing the ball in the put down!

I think Wolfman had a great impact on our defensive line, especially on his own edge. Wolfman, Satini, Rudolph and Kelly were all defensively great and their tackling was solid for the whole 80mins.

And last but not least, I thought Reardon was great at fullback once again! His last line of defense was solid and his ball running out of the in-goal, kick returns and support play were also great! Yesterday's game was a great example of why he's smashing everyone in the comps stats to be no.1 for most running metres, with daylight currently coming a clear second! :) I do think this kid is one of the teams most underrated players and I'm so happy Williamson didn't shift him out to the wing just because Wolfman came back into the side. :)

Looking forward to watching next weeks game! I hope they bring yesterday's running game cos with a little more finesse and respect for the ball, they can play some exciting footy! :)

Thank you for your updates throughout the game yesterday @davohan123

I was at the game too but trying to type match updates while watching the game too just turns into a disaster!! Haha

It's taken me a while but I've put together some of my thoughts about yesterday's game and hope it provides a bit more in sight into the game and how the team played. :)

After reading your updates I do want to say that I thought the boys did actually play a lot better than your updates sounded like. Apologies if I've interpreted them incorrectly.
I thought they were unlucky not to come away with the win as they attacked well, had plenty of the ball in attack, especially in the 1st half and it was nice to see the boys finally running the footy hard and playing more second phase footy. I also thought they were defensively good all day as well as working as a team in attack and defense, but silly coach killing errors and penalties with some poor individual choices at critical moments of the game, as well as some poor 5th tackle options let all their good work down!

This was the case for both teams all afternoon and in fairness to both teams, the game was a tough arm wrestle for the whole 80mins so errors and fatigue are a given. But Newtown did capitalise better on their penalties and this was the difference in the end.
It also doesn't help when at a critical time at the back end of the game, Baker gives away a stupid penalty for biting and is placed on report, and on the very first hit up after the penalty and 30-40m out from our goal line we give away another penalty for a lifting tackle and both were boys were also put on report. Straight after this Newtown scored a try for a 12pt lead.

I don't agree that the boys gave up in the 2nd half. I would say it's more a lack of fitness in playing a tough full 80mins rather than a lack of effort because I thought that the effort was definitely there. I also think that Newtown really upping the ante after half time had an obvious impact on the game. Our boys were out on their haunches 20mins into the 2nd half but they all still found a way to dig in for each other and play as a team for 80mins. This would probably be the first time this year that they actually played a full 80mins of footy!

Even though they lost Williamson and his men should walk away from the game feeling pretty positive with their efforts.
Its kinda hard to pick a clear standout performance like previous weeks as everyone played well, but below are some of my thoughts......

The forwards laid a great platform for our halves and backs by running hard and straight as well as popping out plenty of offloads, which is something they don't usually do in a game. Our halves worked well off the back of our big boppers by running the ball more and playing plenty of 2nd phase footy!

Chee Kam and Kelly were great. Chee Kam has been consistently great every game lately but the 2nd phase footy really complimented Kelly's attacking game, and his combinations with Rudolph and Satini were great and was rewarded for his efforts with hattrick. I thought he was great all day and not just in the first half as the match summary on NSWRL website indicates.

Berryman was getting starved of the ball out on the wing and it was frustrating to watch as on so many occasions his opposite was so far up and in that a quick play the ball with quicker ball movement out to him and his speed and try scoring ability could have become nightmarish for the Jets, but the ball shift out to the wing was always a play the ball too late. Once Berryman started coming in off the wing and demanding the ball, his speed and support play created headaches for Newtown for most of the game.

I think our halves did well and didn't play boring predictable footy like they usually do. They mixed it up and moved the ball around using the entire width of the field. Aldridge's goal kicking was spot on once again and right from the start Rudolph played like he had a point to prove, running the footy and taking the ball right to the line.
They will have to work on their 5th tackle options and execution of those kicks because at times they chose to kick a high ball when really a grubber kick in goal to force a goal line drop out was the right option. Also some of their grubber kicks that we probably could have scored off had a little too much heat and went over the dead ball line before the chasers could catch it.

Hodges was also great as he usually is every week but in such an arm wrestle of a match, his ball hogging tendencies near the try line were costly. With 2mins left on the clock and thanks to some good open play on the left edge and an awesome break down the sideline by Wolfman, the boys found themselves 20m out from the try line and with 5 tackles up their sleeve!..... Enter Hodges..... From 10m in from the sideline the boys set up and clearly called the play. Now I don't know what Hodges was thinking but on tackle 1 he ignored the the set play and tried to run it himself on the short side, but at the same time Newtown had rushed up in defense, blocked his run and tackled him. He made no metres and simply wasted the tackle. Straight away Rudolph and Wolfman let him know that they weren't happy with him. BUT then on the 3rd tackle and like a fish with a 3 sec memory, he does exactly the same thing, AGAIN!

What's frustrating is that when the boys attacked as planned and as a team, they either scored or came close to scoring and have proven they can match it with the top teams. They just need to do it every week.
And that's exactly how they needed to play in the final 2mins but Hodges stuffed it up through his own selfish play not once but twice, killing the teams momentum and clear mindset and the boys just couldn't pull themselves out of it.

Satini was also good in defense and attack but please, can someone give that guy a pair of those NFL/AFL non slip gloves since the non stick spray is obviously not working cos my oh my he just cannot catch or hold onto the ball!
Too often he frustratingly drops an easy pass like it's a cake of soap...... and yesterday was no different! He even bombed a critical try by losing the ball in the put down!

I think Wolfman had a great impact on our defensive line, especially on his own edge. Wolfman, Satini, Rudolph and Kelly were all defensively great and their tackling was solid for the whole 80mins.

And last but not least, I thought Reardon was great at fullback once again! His last line of defense was solid and his ball running out of the in-goal, kick returns and support play were also great! Yesterday's game was a great example of why he's smashing everyone in the comps stats to be no.1 for most running metres, with daylight currently coming a clear second! :) I do think this kid is one of the teams most underrated players and I'm so happy Williamson didn't shift him out to the wing just because Wolfman came back into the side. :)

Looking forward to watching next weeks game! I hope they bring yesterday's running game cos with a little more finesse and respect for the ball, they can play some exciting footy! :)

No worries at all
Fantastic read well done
Good report of the game

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4