NSW game 3

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Merritt and Woods out of the 17, Hayne and Tamou in, McManus, Woods and Cordner in an extended squad

Dugan
Morris
Jennings
Morris
Hayne
Maloney
Pearce
Gallen
Farah
Tamou
Lewis
Hoffman
Bird

Fifita
Watmough
Merrin
Reynolds

McManus
Cordner
Woods

Why he persists with Reynolds has me stumped. 2 players in moon boots and pearce. Qld for 8 in a row I reckon.

I would have thrown Mateo onto the bench

But I also remember how many people wrote off a side pretty close to this one in the 1st game and they performed really well so no reason that can't happen again

Agree with Mateo. Thought he should of been there last year too. The injuries this time around are a concern. Hope he leaves reynolds out at puts a forward on the bench. Best position for Hayne? I think fullback but reckon Daley will put him on the wing.

I think Hayne is the better fullback, but he is probably also the better winger if you want to play both he and Dugan so that will probably be why they have gone with that

swoop said:
Campese should be the NSW 5/8th or is he a qlder too and Maloney at 7.

He is a new south welshman. Anyone think Sutton should be there for cover? Especially with Bird injured as well

Maybe next year for Campese. Carney is still the best 6 in NSW by a mile imo, but everyone already knows my views on that lol

I would still have carney or A reynolds in for pearce.

Is it worth playing gallen if he is scraping in to be fit. Its not like it is an easy game.

I can feel a rant coming on but ill save it until game day

I don't think any surprises. This is the team (minus Ferguson) that did so well in Game 1. Hayne has won NSW Man of the Series once (if not twice) from the wing, and Dugan was voted NSW's best in Game 2.

My only change would be Josh Reynolds out for another forward. I think Cordner is a good addition to the 20man squad. He is a quality player, runs hard and with great footwork.

dowdz said:
swoop said:
Campese should be the NSW 5/8th or is he a qlder too and Maloney at 7.

He is a new south welshman. Anyone think Sutton should be there for cover? Especially with Bird injured as well

this is why , i dont respect how NSW go about their business....

name an extended bench for whatever reason , but dont include merrit,sutton, who have been part of the NSW team this year but add mcmanus and cordner in the biggest origin game NSW have had in years...

they deserve to lose !!!

No it needs to be closer to game day to have real impact

Jatz Crackers said:
Dan said:
No it needs to be closer to game day to have real impact

All the kids are sitten in a semi circle all just a waitin on ya spinnin thata there story.

You old folk just dont understand timing

Kiwi Eagle said:
in the 1st game and they performed really well so no reason that can't happen again
Imo if NSW had received rather than kicked off in game 2 and got the same leg up QLD did then we may have already rapped up the series.

If you are going to have an extended squad why not bring in Adam Reynolds al ah DCE to give him a taste of Origin atmosphere.

NSW has been beset by injuries, suspensions and expulsions that I can't see them matching Qld in the decider. Qld has a much more settled team.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6