NSW Game 2 YART

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lyon
5. Morris
6. Campese
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Farah
10. Learoyd-Lahrs
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Tupou

14. Gidley
15.-17 From: Lewis/Creagh/Laffranchi/Douglas/Snowden/Perry/King/G.Stewart/L.Stuart/Patterson

Out: White, Waterhouse, Cooper, Tahu, Idris, Kimmorely, Ennis

I’d have only one of Lewis/Gidley on the bench, but I can’t see NSW selectors dropping either of them from the squad unfortunately. I don’t think Lewis is of starting forward quality. I know the Farah and Campese experiments faile last year, but geez, they certainly bring more creativity into the team. Barrett is not creative enough in my opinion. Gidley won't be dropped unfortunately.

TBH that team is worse than we saw last night

1 - Hayne or Dugan
2 - Morris
3 - Lyon
4 - Jennings
5 - Burt or Quinn
6 - Carney
7 - Kimmorely (one last chance, Pearce needs 1 more year IMO)
8 - Weyman
9 - Ennis
10 - Perry
11 - Watmough
12 - Hoffman or Gallen
13 - G.Stewart (we need a ball playing lock especially as the halves are shakey and Gifty can get the outside men away or go forward himself with runners)

14 - Lewis
15 - Leeroyd-Lars
16 - Snowden a smokey

but really 16 and 17 can be anyone, probably some better big props with a lot of mongrel.

Gidley should be taken out the back and given a sex change, dead set worst NSW player ever, just shading out the likes of Mario Fennech

Campese is not an origin player and never will be

Pearce has some for of barrier in front of him when he plays and i don't know what it is, but i think he will come into his own soon, I think he is just young at the moment, but will "snap" and then we should bring him into origin

1 Hayne
2 Morris
3 Jennings
4 Lyon
5 Morris
6 Bird
7 Kimmorley
8 Weyman
9 Ennis
10 Bailey
11 Watmough
12 Laffranchi
13 Gallen

14 Carney
15 King
16 Learoyd Lahrs
17 Lewis

Leffranchi is actually not a bad option

The Gronk link said:
11 Watmough
12 Laffranchi
13 Gallen

Ive got no idea how these guys werent the starting second rowers.

Skill, strength and aggression. These guys are built for origin

The NSW selectors will handle this, it will be hands over eyes, fingers in ears, 17 new blokes and hope for the best.

I hear the cries for the side to be scrapped and picked again, but, in all seriousness the selectors should try something different this year. Let the current guys play through (allowing for injuries of course) and see if they gel together.

I agree re wholesale changes but there are a few glaring problems with the side last night.

Carney and Kimmorley tore City a new arse so that combo is worth a shot and Cooper looked like an old man so Lyon can move there.

Gidley got in the way in attack so Hayne there and someone to the wing.

01. Jared Hayne
02. Brett Morris
03. Timana Tahu
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Josh Morris
06. Matt Rogers
07. Brett Kimmorley
08. Michael Weyman
09. Michael Ennis
10. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Jason King
16. Josh Perry
17. Luke Lewis

ummmm dude Matt Rogers????

He is a queenslander.

Do you mean Ben Rodgers from Newcastle?

Hayne
Morris
Tahu
Lyon
Morris
Barrett
Kimmorley
Weyman
Ennis
Snowden maybe?
Watmough
Lewis
Gallen

Gidley I spose
Laffranchi
Learoyd-Lahrs
King

Hayne
Jennings
Tahu
Lyon
Morris
Carney
Kimmorley
Weyman
Ennis
Perry
Watmough
Lewis
Gallen

Gidley
Laffranchi
Learoyd-Lahrs
King

Only player out of position is Jennings but he has better footwork than anyone and only plays centre to get more involved.

The Gronk link said:
1 Hayne
2 Morris
3 Jennings
4 Lyon
5 Morris
6 Bird
7 Kimmorley
8 Weyman
9 Ennis
10 Bailey
11 Watmough
12 Laffranchi
13 Gallen

14 Carney
15 King
16 Learoyd Lahrs
17 Lewis

Gronk for sole selector, apart from maybe Snowden for Bailey "thats my team" to coin a phrase

Utility Player link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=183409.msg263607#msg263607 date=1274918985]
1 Hayne
2 Morris
3 Jennings
4 Lyon
5 Morris
6 Bird
7 Kimmorley
8 Weyman
9 Ennis
10 Bailey
11 Watmough
12 Laffranchi
13 Gallen

14 Carney
15 King
16 Learoyd Lahrs
17 Lewis

Gronk for sole selector, apart from maybe Snowden for Bailey "thats my team" to coin a phrase
[/quote]

I dont mind it but as above, Snowden in Bailey out,a nd also Carney in for Bird and that would probably win games.

Fluffy link said:
Hayne
Jennings
Tahu
Lyon
Morris
Carney
Kimmorley
Weyman
Ennis
Perry
Watmough
Lewis
Gallen

Gidley
Laffranchi
Learoyd-Lahrs
King

Only player out of position is Jennings but he has better footwork than anyone and only plays centre to get more involved.

Fluffy, Attack is not NSW's problem, we scored plenty of points last night and often do. Defense is our problem, hence naming anyone out of position is pretty much putting a target on them.

It's simple, name halves in the halves, wingers on the wing, centres in teh centres and a fullback at fullback

1 Hayne
2 Morris
3 Lyon
4 Jennings
5 Morris
6 Carney
7 Kimmorley
8 King
9 Ennis
10 Weyman
11 Watmough
12 Lewis
13 Gallen

14 Bird
15 Tolman
16 Mason
17 Leeroy Lars

More Pace, More Creativity, More bastards and More size and Less Giddley, Less Cats (creagh, cooper and white)

Dan link said:
It's simple, name halves in the halves, wingers on the wing, centres in the centres and a fullback at fullback

and utility players like Kidley (if he really has to be in the team) on the bench and out of the starting line up

Dan link said:
[quote author=Utility Player link=topic=183409.msg263657#msg263657 date=1274928066]
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=183409.msg263607#msg263607 date=1274918985]
1 Hayne
2 Morris
3 Jennings
4 Lyon
5 Morris
6 Bird
7 Kimmorley
8 Weyman
9 Ennis
10 Bailey
11 Watmough
12 Laffranchi
13 Gallen

14 Carney
15 King
16 Learoyd Lahrs
17 Lewis

[/quote]

I dont mind it but as above, Snowden in Bailey out,a nd also Carney in for Bird and that would probably win games.

Fluffy link said:
Hayne
Jennings
Tahu
Lyon
Morris
Carney
Kimmorley
Weyman
Ennis
Perry
Watmough
Lewis
Gallen

Gidley
Laffranchi
Learoyd-Lahrs
King

Fluffy, Attack is not NSW's problem, we scored plenty of points last night and often do. Defense is our problem, hence naming anyone out of position is pretty much putting a target on them.

It's simple, name halves in the halves, wingers on the wing, centres in teh centres and a fullback at fullback
[/quote]

You're better off picking players who have done it at origin level before - Bailey may not dominate for the tits week in week out, but he has done it at origin level several times. 

Snowden has had a couple of good games but I'd prefer less debutants where possible. 
Carney is already there in the 14. 

Hayne
Morris
Lyon
Cooper
Jennings
Carney
Kimmorley
King
Ennis
Weyman
Watmough
Laffranchi
Lewis

Bird
Gallen
Bailey
Learoyd-Lahrs

Now theres a big and aggressive bench for you, there are grub players but they are origin type players, they can also cover all the fowards and 5/8 with carney being able to cover fullback and halfback. Lyon and cooper for defensive centres & speed out wide. Lewis for lock as he plays it at club level.

Dan link said:

Wow, you thought our attack was good last night ? That scoreline flattered us. 3 tries from 50/50 kicks is hardly tearing them to shreds. I don't know what our line break count was last night, but it can't have been too high. We looked lost in attack, maybe we do need Mat Rogers at 5/8 ;)

It's funny reading this thread and how different people perceive different players. See I wouldn't have Hoffman, Tupou or Greg Bird anywhere within a bulls roar of a Blues jumper on what I've seen from them this year. Doesn't mean I'm right of course, but I guess we just look for different things in players. Our problems are obviously in the halves, but we are either stuck with old school has beens like Kimmoreley and Barrett or we've got to risk an untried up and comer. My thoughts are that we have nothing to lose now so we need to try something different in the halves and go for youth. I like Campo but don't think he has the game for Origin, I think the pace is a little too quick for his decision making process. Do you go back over old ground with Wallace and or Mullen ?? I don't think so. That just leaves me with the combination of Pearce and Carney. They have a club combination going that may be of some benefit, reasonable kicking game from both (short and long) to give us options, both are pretty good ball players (Carney moreso) and both can threaten with ball in hand taking on the line with pace and footwork (an area that Kimmoreley has zero impact in). If we surround them with some experienced outside backs I think they are worth a shot. I'd go for

Hayne
[less of a defensive liability at the back and his kick return is all over Gidley. Just needs to be told not to overplay his hand in attack and keep the fark out of the way at first receiver]
B Morris
J Morris
[on Tonga and Folau to give us height to combat kicks and a bit of twin 6th sense in defence]
Lyon
Tahu
[on Inglis and Boyd to shore up that side]
Carney
Pearce  
Lewis / Gallen
Watmough / Creagh
[only need one LHS edge runner]
Gallen / Lewis
Weyman
Ennis
Perry

2 of King/Snowden/Douglas/Lolly Jars/Bailey as metre eaters off the bench
1 of Laffranchi / Heighnington / Waterhouse
Gidley or Bird (on trust that he has been there done that a rep level)

If only we could change the coach as well.

1.  Hayne
2.  Morris
3.  Lyon (c)
4.  Jennings
5.  Morris
6.  Bird
7.  Kimmorley
8.  Weyman
9.  Ennis
10. Bailey
11. Watmough
12. Laffranchi
13. Lewis

14. Carney
15. Gallen
16. King
17. Learoyd-Lahrs

Players in position - other then Morris to the wing. And no Gidley, Carney to operate as utility.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4