NSW Cup Squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Does anyone know where I can find a list of the contracted players in the NSW Cup squad for 2012? It seems there is no information anywhere and I find it strange that the club does not have any information on the profiles on the web site (apart from Napper of course). I've checked a couple of other club sites and they include their NSW Cup squads but we don't. I thought it would be good to know who we've kept from Toyota Cup and who is new and some of the guys we may see coming thorugh during the year.

rmd said:
Does anyone know where I can find a list of the contracted players in the NSW Cup squad for 2012? It seems there is no information anywhere and I find it strange that the club does not have any information on the profiles on the web site (apart from Napper of course). I've checked a couple of other club sites and they include their NSW Cup squads but we don't. I thought it would be good to know who we've kept from Toyota Cup and who is new and some of the guys we may see coming thorugh during the year.
You can check out the Toyota cup on the Manly seaeagles site but with Nsw cup side I think you will find the majority of last years team will be there. Not a bad side on paper in 2011 & expected better results. Watch out for Lorenzo -backrower from the Jets with huge wraps & Riccardi who will both challenge for a bench spot in the top 17.

Go to NSWRL site, select NSW cup and clubs. There are only 12 Manly profiles including Harrison and Lussick, I suspect the reason for this shortfall might be that quite a few players may have been let go.

If you look at our official NRL squad on the Manly Warringah Seaeagles site there are 27 players with profiles. Take into account after the top 17 it leaves 10 more for NSW CUp. If I was Sherlock Holmes which I confess no similarities, I think the 10 listed on the Nsw Cup site with the leftover squad players will make up our NSW Cup team. ;)

I did a bit of research overnight and I think the list below may be close to the squad for the NSW Cup, but some guys may have left the club that I am unaware of, like Ray Moujali whose management has put a highlight reel on Youtube, suggesting he may be looking around elsewhere.

There's also 11 other players from the 2011 NYC team who are not listed in this year's NYC squad and one or two may get in the NSW Cup squad in addition to those already included.

Generally there's 23 players in a NSW Cup squad and this list has 26 and I don't really forsee the squad having 9 props like the list below has although some players listed as props could play in the backrow.

On paper, Cliffy will have a strong side but it does look a bit light on for hooker and halves, if there's an injury.

Outside backs
Sione Ala - FB
Scott Blanch - FB
Michael Chapman - WG
Blake Davey - FB, C, WG
Kyle Lodge - C
Michael Oldfield - WG, FB (maybe in 1st grade and replaced by Farrar)
Ben Shorter - WG
Jorge Taufua -C, FB
Dean Whare - C, WG

Halves
Liam Foran - HB, FE
Gary Riccardi - HB

Hooker
Liam Higgins - HK

Props
Beau Bovis - PR
James Cunningham - PR
Josh Ingram - PR
Mitch Jowett - PR
Ray Moujalli – PR
Liam Roach - PR
Tim Robinson - PR
Nick Skinner - PR
Magnus Stromquist - PR

Backrowers
Jamie Anderson - SR, LK
Daniel Harrison - SR
Joseph Hawkins - SR
Junior Palau – PR, SR, L
Santana Palmer - SR

Know that some NRL clubs also link up with Bundy Red Cup teams to send excess players there and often pick up some late bloomers - Shaune Corrigan (use to play for The Entrance now for Souths/Norths) surely if the likes of Belrose or Harbord United wanted to join that comp something could be arranged

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Blake Davey is no longer at the club

Source?!

I totally agree, Larissa, if you happen to read this post, can you tell Manly to do something about this? I noticed on the draw that we're actually playing our ALL our home matches at Brookvale this year, the club should capitalise on this. The NSW Cup needs all the promotion it can get.

Manly To Win! said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Blake Davey is no longer at the club

Source?!

I totally agree, Larissa, if you happen to read this post, can you tell Manly to do something about this? I noticed on the draw that we're actually playing our ALL our home matches at Brookvale this year, the club should capitalise on this. The NSW Cup needs all the promotion it can get.

Blake has gone back home to CC, was dropped from full time squad.

NSW Cup squad has been posted on the official site - there is quiet a few new players.

Jamie Anderson
Liam Higgins
Sebastian Vourlos
Jason Annear
Mitchell Jowett
Tim Wynn
PJ Asiata
Domenic Nasso
Michael Chapman
Scott Blanch
Gary Riccardi
Josie Hawkins
Tim Burrell
Liam Roach
Kyle Lodge
Ben Falcone
Ben Shorter
Mitchell Buckett
Faleula Finau
Magnus Stromquist
Hughie Stanley

I have read about Roach and Skinner and have seen some of players comming through from 20s- anyone know anything about the others?

I am so happy to see Hughie Stanley there. If he is half as talented as his old man, he will soon make the NRL. Excellent pick up. Congrats to the new talent scout.
Hyacinth must be rapt with Mitchell's selection too!

PJ is a prop from Parra.
Finau is a winger from Tigers.
Bot had some raps from their clubs fans.

Ben Falcone isa hooker/half/wing from Tigers 20s.
Also played for Italy in internationals and has his own website. Say atm he is looking for a full time gig in UK.

It's a nice balanced team!!
Jamie Anderson lock/2nd row was a top standout for us last year in a badly beaten team. He does a load of work and makes good metres. He could step up in the nrl soon.
Tim Burrell is another huge 2nd rower with big wraps. He also was with Easts and I think Dogs but suffered a bad injury with one of them. I watched him several times and he's a big kid and moves okay. Always looked classy in what he did! Maybe a big off season and we have another potential star??
Liam Higgins is a kid with big wraps but got stuck behind Seu Seu last year which was a shame. 2 years ago he ran riot for us in juniors and seems to have it all. Top passing and kicks well. I'm hoping a long term swap in time for Ballin!
Riccardi has looked classy in each year he has been with us. Still only 21 he seems to steer his team around and make great decisions. Sorta similar to Keiran at 5/8, not a speedster but seems to tackle well, has a great pasing game and is a talented kicker.
Finau is a speedy winger who can really score a try. There were big wraps about him 1-2 years ago but he didn't step up into Tigers team. Like Robbo, he ain't the biggest but could be developed.
PJ had big schoolboy wraps on him and played highest level rep stuff. He's a good size prop and I heard looking for an opportunity. Another parra top junior so interesting to see if he kicks on!! Some nice competition for Cunningham.
I read abit about Hughie Stanley who is a centre. Lightning quick and has alot of razzle to his game. Has had a chequered career and been at Easts early as a junior. There were big wraps on him and Easts went hard to get him but he may have been bit too young and overawed moving into Sydney. Everywhere he goes he gets huge wraps so hopefully he can settle at Brookie and show more of his obvious potential.
Mitchell Buckett (no relation to Charlie :D) (gee he must get that abit) is another rookie kid who is tipped to have a big future. A outside back who can move it would seem Manly have recruited some real speed for possible wing positions in the future!! Supposedly trains the house down and is very keen to make it!! good thing!! Him and Stanley trialled in the summer and got invited back!!
Nasso is another Parra kid who was a top schoolboy fullback or centre. I imagine with Hayne in front of him chances may not be the best. Maybe he sees Brett injured and see an opportunity to play a few games?? He is a kid who has been around but hasn't kicked on as yet!
Tim Wynn is a surprise!! Peter's son second row but 27/28 and back from France, may just make numbers up!!
Magnus is a surprise as I did hear from a close family member that Parra wanted him big time. I also was told Des really rated him (prop)so maybe he will step up.
The others I read up on sound abit journeymen, roach, falcone and vourlos. Others like Chapman, Hawkins, Shorter, Blanch, Lodge, Annear and Jowett have never looked standouts but fingers crossed step up!!

Thanks for the run down Darren, very informative. Sounds like there are some real prospects among them.

g'day Two Dogs, this squad definitely has alot of potential. It is definitely possible for a couple of these guys to "kick" on. It would be a bonus for Tooves for sure to have these guys come through. It is a massive jump from nsw cup to nrl but dce, oldfield, keiran, whare, lussick and buhrer have showed the way in the past few years.

Surely with that team the boys can do a bit btter than last year.

I went to a few of the NSW Cup games, and some of the performances were embarrasing.

totally agree, we have gone pretty well in previous years but that penrith game in toyota cup was like the boys were standing next to the posts every 5 minutes. Does look a good side.

Brookie4eva said:
Surely with that team the boys can do a bit btter than last year.

I went to a few of the NSW Cup games, and some of the performances were embarrasing.

They had a very young pack last year and were dominated there nearly every week. More depth this year in this area so hopefully one or two of the new players will step up, plus the likes of James Cunnigham in their second season will be better for the experience.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6