NSW Cup/Reserve Grade

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
The NRL are now talking about the NSW Cup and QLD cup winners to play off Grand final day.....Interesting seeing that they run in conjunction with the main comp and NSW Cup already play on Grand Final Day....

So are we going to have a reserve grade.....if not is the NSW Cup going to start before everyone else....Oh and don't worry NRL, the teams have started pre season...The AFL have their draw out....and Sonny Bill is back. Who is up who and who is paying the rent......Dave Smith & Co are useless...It seems just one knee jerk reaction after another

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/new-south-wales-and-queensland-cup-winners-to-face-off-on-grand-final-day/story-fndujljl-1226751551942

This idea makes no sense . I watched the NSW Cup at the GF, so how will it work ?
Does the winner then play a QLD that no one in the crowd had heard of :huh:

The game needs a legitimate Reserve Grade so that we and the Players, get a progression of skill :idea:

Would seem logical to me to have the Q Cup winner playing the NSW Cup winner on GF day, would provide much more interest than two NSW teams playing their GF.

Play the respective comp GF's the week before the NRL GF and the winners progress to the big day.

Having a regional team like the Mackay Cutters who won the Q CUP this year with the opportunity to be play on a stage like that would be huge.

HappilyManly said:
This idea makes no sense . I watched the NSW Cup at the GF, so how will it work ?
Does the winner then play a QLD that no one in the crowd had heard of :huh:

The game needs a legitimate Reserve Grade so that we and the Players, get a progression of skill :idea:

Where is Wentworthville?

Wenty is NSW West and along with the other Teams in that competition, we get to see them at our Grounds during the NRL Season.

The GF is locked into the Olympic Park.venue for.many years, so a QLD Regional winner will remain an oddity.
They would be at the skill level of the City v Country fiasco at best.

Should have NSW Cup winner v Qld Cup winner as the pre-match before the World Club Challenge when its played in Australia. Make it the State Challenge or something.

The NSW cup teams are littered with players who are borderline 1st graders but I still think the QLD Cup team would win the contest....Though not household names they have young talent who will crack the top grade & stay there, unlike most NSW Cup players who only fill in through injury.
The concept is still a good one & would attract interest.

Great news. Fans have only been asking for it for the past 10 years.

Now if someone could add a Challenge Cup style tourny between the lower grade teams - it would be even better

HappilyManly said:
Wenty is NSW West and along with the other Teams in that competition, we get to see them at our Grounds during the NRL Season.

The GF is locked into the Olympic Park.venue for.many years, so a QLD Regional winner will remain an oddity.
They would be at the skill level of the City v Country fiasco at best.

You'd put any winning QCUP team up against the NSW Cup winner and be every chance of winning.

Surely you"d still be drunk a week after winning your grand final wouldn't you? Maybe they can have a nsw cup vs qld cup mad Monday shoot out.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7