NSW Blues Team SOO 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
NSW TEAM FOR ORIGIN I as announced:

Jarryd Hayne
Brett Morris
Michael Jennings
Josh Morris
Blake Ferguson
James Maloney
Mitchell Pearce
Paul Gallen (c)
Robbie Farah (vc)
James Tamou
Ryan Hoffman
Luke Lewis
Greg Bird.

Interchange:
Andrew Fifita
Kurt Gidley
Trent Merrin
Anthony Watmough

Congrats to Choc. He deserves a spot.

Cant believe they picked gidley... again. Has he ever done anything postitive

Gidley is the perfect utility man, will always be picked and his game for Newcastle today in a beaten side showed that, was all over the park and played well

Tim Grant is extremely unlucky, and Carney is easily a better player than Maloney and he is in form as well so that selection is a blunder for me

Kiwi Eagle said:
Gidley is the perfect utility man, will always be picked and his game for Newcastle today in a beaten side showed that, was all over the park and played well

No.

KOMORI said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

No.

Yes. Today showed why Gidley should be picked.

If either of the halves are having a shocker he can come in and replace them during the game. His goal kicking is great too, even though Maloney has a good conversion on him.

If NSW can kick and find the turf we can win and win well. Kicking game is key.

Dan said:
He is a jack of all trades and a master of none. Hw may be a utility but hebhas dons nothibg forr us for years. It is about time we went in a new direction

By that token plenty of other players who have been picked have "done nothing" for us.

MWSE said:
Dan said:
He is a jack of all trades and a master of none. Hw may be a utility but hebhas dons nothibg forr us for years. It is about time we went in a new direction

By that token plenty of other players who have been picked have "done nothing" for us.

Sure but he is number one of the completely useless at origin crew. Kind of like cliffy

People say Gidley is crap, so what does that make Mitchell Pearce? He has hot to be the worst Origin hoax I have ever seen. About as useful as a chocolate teapot!

Silver have you forgotten kimmorley, mullen and wallace?

Also watmough is ot an impact off the bench player. Play him for 80 or you are wasting everybodies time

Dan, I haven't forgotten them. IMO Pearce makes Kimmorley look like the next immortal.
The guy is useless. The only time the roosters have done well with Pearce at half has been when they've had a quality 5/8. Ie Carney or Maloney.
Agree with your thoughts on Choc. Wasted as a bench player and I think Gant should have been prop with Gallen in the second row.

Bull****. Choc is the only forward in the team who is worthy of the nickname Army Of One yet gets picked as # 17. Bull****.

Another series win for QLD. **** me, why did they pick Gallen at prop. You can't tell me there's not one other NSW prop to fill a starting spot.

Hoffman has been shown to be a pussy in origin, much the same way as Creagh.

Daley is a pretender as coach and I'd put Stuart in the same category.

Choc has been the best forward in the NRL this season. To be overlooked in starting line up for Hoffman is an absolute disgrace. You can kiss the Origin series goodbye with selections like that.

The best I have seen Gidley play in Origin was 2011 when he came off the bench to play 15mins of hooker, he is quite sharp out of dummy half and made a difference and that's really the only role I would want him playing

Pearce is the best option by a mile for NSW and doesnt play as bad as gets made out at times, plenty of experience now for a 24yo so would want him stepping up a notch this year

Choc is proven at being dynamite coming on after 20 and tearing a tired pack apart so can understand why they have gone that way. I agree with others about Hoffman not being up to Origin, but in City v Country he had a blinder

I don't really get the Daley hate, at least give the bloke a crack before ripping him to pieces.

the mauler said:
Choc has been the best forward in the NRL this season. To be overlooked in starting line up for Hoffman is an absolute disgrace. You can kiss the Origin series goodbye with selections like that.

No question there are some crazy selections in there. I am becoming convinced the problem for NSW is more with their coach selections than anything else. It is utterly bizarre to pick a lock as a prop and leave out guys like Grant. Gidley is just beyond my comprehension and Choc on the bench for Hoffman just beggers belief.

Daley is clearly thinking with his nose.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8