NRL's Greenberg on Brookie.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bones said:
TODD Greenberg starts at the NRL on Thursday. He guides David Riccio through his plans for the game, his Bulldogs legacy and talks about the futures....

<snip: bit too long to quote!!>

Love your work Bones!!!

Manly and Sharks will be lucky to survive until 2020 IMO.

They will be pushed out.

bazeagle said:
bob dylan said:
Manly and Sharks will be lucky to survive until 2020 IMO.

They will be pushed out.

Based on?

Greenturd HATES us, and has a position of power. And he's a skillful back room politician, and he HATES us.

Did I mention that he HATES us?

Kiwi Eagle said:
How do we know Greenburg hates us ? Just because he took our coach ?

good point KE
how do we know?
we don't is the answer - it's wild speculation mixed up with venom because he was involved in stealing Des

Kiwi Eagle said:
How do we know Greenburg hates us ? Just because he took our coach ?

I saw him at a game with a 'Guess What Manly? Todd Greenberg hates you too'
banner.

I'm not condoning it, but allegations of spitting at Brookie were obviously at the wrong person. One game at Brookie in a season? FU Greenbucks. On that statement alone he will never earn my respect again unless he changes his tune.

Brissie Kid said:
How many times already is the Manly club having to cancel a supporters bus to Manly games in Sydney. Seems more often than not. And that's just one bus!

Plus no games at Brookie will kill the Leagues Club revenue won't it?

and the travelodge,and Maccas,and the Brookie cleaners/merchandisers/caterers,and an untold number of local businesses.

Ol' lazy eye can go F himself. I know he & the rest of the NRL brainstrust are pining for the fjords sterile stadiums filled with boring families of numpties that golf clap things they like & actually buy the horrible food on offer but time has shown that this just doesn't happen, in any sport, not just rugby league.

"Oh but hey, it works for Melbourne" I'm sure they'll say, but the moment you start basing any decisions on what Victorians or the AFL (it's not even a sport ffs) do then you know you need to get your head checked.

Fans like suburban grounds. Teams play better & more fans show up to local grounds. Why the NRL continue to push this retarded agenda I've no idea, but it'll be a massive blow to the game in general & Manly in particular.

Wolfpack said:
Ol' lazy eye can go F himself. I know he & the rest of the NRL brainstrust are pining for the fjords sterile stadiums filled with boring families of numpties that golf clap things they like & actually buy the horrible food on offer but time has shown that this just doesn't happen, in any sport, not just rugby league.

"Oh but hey, it works for Melbourne" I'm sure they'll say, but the moment you start basing any decisions on what Victorians or the AFL (it's not even a sport ffs) do then you know you need to get your head checked.

Fans like suburban grounds. Teams play better & more fans show up to local grounds. Why the NRL continue to push this retarded agenda I've no idea, but it'll be a massive blow to the game in general & Manly in particular.

Graeme Annesley is the one pushing it behind the scenes to the NRL. NSW is bankrupt and can't afford multi stadiums.

This is purely a financial - political decision and has absolutely nothing to do with what's best for the game.

Does anyone think that the 'move' decision has already been seen as an inevitable action and our boards are just slowly working towards making it palatable?

Have the various Manly boards held meetings over this issue and are just playing for time to make this a smooth transition, or to wait till the nrl force their hands so they aren't seen as responsible?

Not living in the area I could be wrong but here goes:

It seems to me the local council has no real plans for the development of brookie. There doesn't seem to be any real concrete (no pun intended) plans for major upgrades. They just spend whatever money they allocate for redevelopment on feasibility 'studies.

We haven't heard any plans about building a great stadium for the use of league, union, soccer, and other sports.

Without that, state and federal govt's don't have to do a thing. They don't have to say yes...or no!

I can't see either 'side' donating a bucket of money for redevelopment if:
a)labor hates Manly,
b)Liberals know Manly will always be liberal, and
c)No plans are forthcoming from the local council.

Do the boards know this? (well...obv yes.)

Is this the reason most of our marketing is now becoming 'sea eagles' instead of 'Manly - Warringah sea eagles?' - I said this in an old thread about the Manly being removed from...yes...'hats.' But even take a gander at your membership card. No visible Manly anywhere.

Has Manly done their feasibility studies and have found that:
1) Regardless of crowd numbers, Manly will make more money from moving to the larger stadiums, and
2)It's more cost effective to upset a chunk of fans initially as they believe that fans will go to the larger stadiums...eventually... to see their beloved Sea Eagles play.

As for having to play 10 games at Brookie because it's in the constitution; doesn't that just take one meeting where the chairman stands up and says "If we don't change the rules, we will fold. Isn't it better to play somewhere, than not at all?"

If we averaged 20,000 people at games, surely we aren't naive enough to think that'd be the end of the nrl's wish to move Manly to a larger stadium?

I would have expected this comment from greenburg, in which he says - the nrl do not want games in suburban grounds to have sent major alarm bells through the Manly system.

But as yet, not a ripple.

I don't know whether this is because (a) They are doing a lot behind the scenes in which we are not privy to (fair enough), or...

(b) They know this is the case and are working on making the 'Sea Eagles' a success at the expense of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles, and to minimise the fall out of such a move by waiting until the nrl force the move.

But by golly gee whiz, watching a mostly full game of footy on tv at brookie beats the crap, atmosphere wise, out of watching the games with empty stadiums.

You want the international audiences to tune in with their $$$$ for broadcast rights? Then show the people full stadiums packed with screaming fans! Otherwise it looks like shield cricket on tv.

The Who said:
What about building a large stadium on the north side of the harbour?
Why are there none?
We've had racism. This is regionalism. Shame Greenturd, shame.

Agreed. There should a 40,000 seater on the north side of the Harbour. The ground could be used by MW, Sydney FC & the Waratahs. Oh & also the Bears lol :)

Let me preface this by saying........I am a dinosaur, but I love the surburban grounds.
I love the commaraderie of the home team supporters chanting as one and the heckling of the away supporter. I love that it means something to defend your bit of turf. I love that, because you are so close you hear the hits and the humour in the crowd......ffs you even hear the ref without being wired in. I now live on the Mid N coast and don't get to many games but I was lucky enough to be at Brookie last Sunday arvo (Titans) and just had a day out........god I loved it. It is so much better than watching on TV. Mind you I loved sitting on the cramped hill at Redfern and the wooden seating in front of the bike track at Lidcombe and once when I was at one of the ends at leichardt somebody broke through and I was that close when he scored I thought I might have had to make the tackle. You just don't get that at the cold empty concrete stadiums.
While the "way of the world" may takover here, you will never convince me that this game is not about tribalism and us v's them which can only be best represented from within your little patch of dirt.
BROOKVALE FOREVER!!

It has been well documented by many here including myself about what we think about Greenturd and his unethical display that saw him poach Des and deprive us of a grand final celebration in 2011.

I think the writing is on the wall for Brookvale oval, I have been going to home games since the 70s and Brooky will always be special to me. The fact though is that for Manly to be sustainable in the competiion , the club is forced to look at ways to raise money.

Over the time I have been going , Manly has always averaged about 13K per game and for the club to grow, we need to expand our fan base beyond the northern beaches.

If you look at the amount of our fans who attend games in SE Queenland when we play the Titans or the donkeys, there is merit in taking one home game up there. I do not see any benefit in going to the central coast.

I think what will happen within a couple of years is that we will play half our games at Brooky and the big Sydney derbies at the SFS. I think if the league are fair dinkum in growing the game, the games at Brooky need to be on Sunday arvos where ever possible. There is too much night football now and that is a big disincentive to travel to games.

One thing we all want is the club to grow and continue to drive the Manly haters crazy. There needs to be a re think about this as the governments of this country both federal and NSW are not going to help us.

Why don't they just let the clubs decide what is best for them, why does every decision have to come from the top?

What magic grass are the SFS and ANZ groundskeepers going to develop, to cope with the wear and tear of an additional 2-3 games of League (not including lower grade fixtures like U20s) on their fields?

There has already been concerns raised out of each location when they've faced surge periods of Leagues, Union, AFL and A-League fixtures, let alone a weekly issue when you force more clubs to use them as 'home' fixtures.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2