NRL vs Daily Telegraph. Cracking read in SMH.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brad Walter is a champion.
Does anyone else see a sense of ground hog day that once again Wilson and Massoud have the prints of something this grubby don't you think they would learn from the money they cost news ltd when they wrote all those lies about the Prince back in March 2009

I enjoyed the Walters story and the profiles on Smith over the weekend. I understand what you're getting at Isz but the story doesn't appear to be far off the mark. Both media agencies play their favourites, but the DT is the only one to show real pettiness when journos are submitting stories based clearly on personal offence, week after week.

They've lost their influence and lash out blindly, leading to ill-thoughtout stories like the Mannah/peptides one. There may be a story in it down the track, but the timing was terrible and handling immediately after, dreadful.

The new DT website has put the AFL section above the NRL section! Just amazing how petty they have become!
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport

The tele had a "story" on the weekend quoting Darcy Lawler's son saying his dad was a fair ref and not corrupt. The article didn't mention the 59 GF where saints got a mountain of penalties and won 20-0. The rumour of lawler ensuring this result is strong enough to have been referred to in a pretty decent crime novel by Peter Doyle (off the top of my head I can't remember if it is called "Get rich quick" or "Amaze your friends").

The tele article only deals with the saints v wests GF where Jack Gibson reckoned the fix was in prior to the match. Typical superficial article.

Don't you just love the NRL media. The AFL gets busted for massive illicit drug use but it gets turned into stories of the AFL getting proactive and the NRL being hopeless and needing to again copy AFL. Why can other sports have media that love their game but in league we have to constantly put up with the negative spin?

All-talk NRL put to shame on testing
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/all-talk-nrl-put-to-shame-on-testing/story-fnca0von-1226644811130

Brissie Kid said:
Don't you just love the NRL media. The AFL gets busted for massive illicit drug use but it gets turned into stories of the AFL getting proactive and the NRL being hopeless and needing to again copy AFL. Why can other sports have media that love their game but in league we have to constantly put up with the negative spin?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/all-talk-nrl-put-to-shame-on-testing/story-fnca0von-1226644811130

I was gobsmacked to see how many afl players tested positive to cocaine this year and last year. In the NRL guys have had their careers finished overnight or copped long suspensions for cocaine - 1st strike (Andrew Walker, Wendell?).

I don't understand the love affair with AFL - they seem very dirty.

By the look of it most NRL media wish they covered AFL.

How did a story about illicit drugs test results in AFL that had nothing to do with NRL get turned into a story bagging the NRL written by a NRL reporter?

Best thing I ever did was stop reading the Telegraph and switch to the SMH. Telegraph is agenda driven sensationalist fodder for people who can only digest headlines and dont bother reading any further. That said, you still see Telegraph Journos on TV shows peddling their same drivel on NRL 360 or the Back Page etc so you dont totally escape. But its a start.

The Indian said:
Best thing I ever did was stop reading the Telegraph and switch to the SMH. Telegraph is agenda driven sensationalist fodder for people who can only digest headlines and dont bother reading any further. That said, you still see Telegraph Journos on TV shows peddling their same drivel on NRL 360 or the Back Page etc so you dont totally escape. But its a start.

Absolutely.

The Grill Team seems happy enough to espouse themselves with the Daily Telegraph. So the DT can't be all that bad! ;)

That's why I switch off when the news comes on the Triple M, also I don't like how they make comments on the show sound like actual news in the news segments. Vague rumour's or comments are reported as facts.
Sounds alot like the Tele really

I turn mmm off when the news, music and ads come on. And also when the grill team comes on.

On the Sunday footy show, DT reporter Andrew Webster (who is one of their better reporters) had a huge whinge about the NRL commission not having any leaks. And he followed it up virtually immediately with a statement that David Smith said to give him a year in the job before you judge him. And Webster followed up immediately with the brazen and unambiguous threat: "don't worry, we will".

Seems the DT are hurting bad now Gallop is gone and the game is no longer a subsidiary of News Ltd.

Brissie Kid said:

The NRL media? Or News Ltd media?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4