1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NRL to finalise shortlist of four candidates for chief executive role

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Eagleheart, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Eagleheart

Eagleheart Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +1,264 / 40
    NRL to finalise shortlist of four candidates for chief executive role after Suzanne Young resignation

February 5, 2016 - 10:00PM
    Michael Carayannis
    Rugby League Writer

The NRL is expected to finalise a shortlist of four candidates to fill the vacant chief executive role as John Grant defended the game's working environment amid another high-profile resignation.

The NRL's chief operating officer, Suzanne Young, resigned from her role on Friday, following chief executive Dave Smith, head of game strategy Shane Richardson and head of marketing, digital and content Lewis Pullen

Young will finish in March after 15 months in her role, to care for her ill father.

"People turn over in organisations all the time," Grant said. "Suzanne has a very personal reason for moving on and you have to be hugely respectful of that. She has put in an enormous effort. She has a great opportunity with the way she wants to spend her time.

"That's not the way it is going to be in the NRL. The NRL is full-on, particularly coming into the season. We will now deal with that just like we have dealt with the Shane thing. We have already begun allocating Shane' responsibilities and we will do the same with Suzanne as well."

The NRL has started interviewing an internal candidate to fill Smith's role. Head of football Todd Greenberg has emerged as the favourite to become the game's next boss, while Bulldogs boss Raelene Castle has also been linked to the position

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/nrl-to-finalise-shortlist-of-four-candidates-for-chief-executive-role-after-suzanne-young-resignation-20160205-gmn2pr.html#ixzz3zM0slddC
    Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

2. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    It's a pity that it wasn't Greenturd that moved on and now it sounds like they are trying to increase the Bulldogs influence on the game by linking Raelene Castle to the vacated position. [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,839 / 103
    I've heard that John Warn has been mentioned. He is the Chairman of Manly Cricket Club and also the Chairman of Sydney grade cricket. A good administrator, from what I've heard. Let's hope he is given the role.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,533 / 32
    Greenberg, Castle, that's so f**king depressing, makes you yearn for the salad days of Gallop.

5. Terry Zarsoff

Terry Zarsoff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,553 / 68
    Greenberg & Ray Leancastle. Or plain Greencastle - sounds like a John Buchan spy story. Well it is the Great(est) Game after all.

6. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    A big NO to Greenturd as the game deserves so much better than him and as for Raelen Castle, I said love I said pet I said love, thats what you get for caring!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    Apart from being at the dogs what are you basing your judgement of castle on? I mean apart from being a woman.

Seems to have done a decent job with the dogs at least compared to Teflon todd

• Like Like x 2
  8. conanu

conanu Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,839 / 31
    I would have Raelene over Todd any day of the week. Hopefully he would get annoyed and quit too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Terry Zarsoff

Terry Zarsoff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,553 / 68
    Ray could probably do a better job. But let's face it, an 11-year old Boy Scout, along with his pet Australian Terrier, could do a better job than Todd Greenmount.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    Don't kid yourselves, these people have almost no affinity with the Dogs or the NRL.

They are mercenaries and are bought for the highest price.

Some might say WHORES.

11. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,642 / 74
    Raelene ran NZ netball from memory, so she is an actual sports administrator. Todd is a fixer, not CEO material.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. SeaEagle21

SeaEagle21 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +869 / 14
    I heard on BSB a couple of weeks ago that the NRL are hoping to have a new CEO announced by August. Only 6 months to go!!! LOL

13. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,485 / 42
    Yep definitely take Rails over cockhead. Won't happen, boys club won't allow it. They'll make all the right equal opportunity, politically correct statements, but alas, the Turd burger will be victorious. Damn shame, she wouldn't have taken any of his crap. Probably would've had him punted as first order of business.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,815 / 53
    Now there's some disturbing imagery...

15. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Yeah, if it came down to a choice of either of those two then I would choose her over him too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,792 / 58
    6 months??

They must be trying to sign a Foran!

17. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,533 / 32
    I'd choose Zika over Ebola but I'd rather avoid both.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1