NRL to consider Islanders for Origin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd much rather see something like a combined Tonga, Samoa, Fiji and New Guinea team playing the Kiwis. It could be billed on the same night to maximise exposure and it doesn't water down the successful concept that is now in place.

I wonder which state is pushing this? Wouldn't be the one with a number of ageing stars would it?

Where is Samoa " that's in Queensland", where is Tonga " that's in Queensland" where is Fiji " that's in Queensland , Queenslands everywhere"

I don't know why the NRL doesn't set up a pacific islander franchise and bring in PNG to make the 17th & 18th teams.

Then we'd have two 9 team conferences. Imagine that.

Also Andrew's post had some good ideas as well.

I'd much rather see something like a combined Tonga, Samoa, Fiji and New Guinea team playing the Kiwis. It could be billed on the same night to maximise exposure and it doesn't water down the successful concept that is now in place.
Excellent idea - otherwise we mess with something that isn't broken...when will people learn?? Leave Origin as is.

One origin game per year played on a weekend and three test weekends like the one we just had. Grows the game and keeps origin pure, maybe run the weekends two in a row twice a year.

So......will it now be known as "choose your state of origin"?

If they want to go down this road then they should just kill off NSW vs QLD and have a 3 match all stars series where which team you play for is determined by which colour Jersey you like best.

Messing with origin........ Do the people running the game make a ' dumb Sh!t to do list' at the start of each year?

Do the people running the game make a ' dumb Sh!t to do list' at the start of each year?
Ahh, yes...

BIG DAVE's DUMB SH!T LIST:
  1. Hire Todd Greenturd
  2. Screw Manly any way possible (refer point 1)
  3. Buy a big broom
  4. Commence sweeping cocaine scandal under the Titan's rug
  5. Reward Titans by purchasing Cherry-Evans for them
  6. Lose my drivers license
  7. Ask Toddy for a lift in his lImo
  8. F##k with State of Origin
  9. Bring back Hayne and Burgess and sign them up to the Titans
  10. Negotiate new TV deal
    • ensure Nein win the rights
    • ensure all games continue to be shown in sh!t definition (SD)
    • get a personal guarantee that Ray Hadley will be the caller of all matches
    • encourage broadcaster to pack in one or two more adds during the 9:30 game
    • make them pinky swear that Manly only get Monday night games
    • legislate that Friday night prime time is for Broncos games only
  11. Souths v Roosters grandfinal at all costs
  12. Call Geoff Toovey - breath heavily - then hang-up....

So if you're from the Pacific Islands you're sweet for SOO.... and the reason for this is?
How do they figure out if a bloke born in Fiji or Tonga is a Queenslander or a New South Welshman?
Do Poms qualify or Kiwis, bit discriminatory if they don't. What about Eskimos or visitors from other planets.....

Play with the supporters passion and watch it decline. Having players like Kearey playing for us even though he doesn't consider himself a new South Welshman s***s me. It should always be about playing for your state, not promoting your game by playing against the best.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6