NRL takes ownership of titans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is exactly the right move.The NRL will not allow the coast to fold and will have to back the club.Why 1.AFL 2.The TV deal requires an even number of teams.No new franchise would be ready to go.

It may mean the coast ends up with a well funded club owned by the NRL- Far better than the current mess.I would rather see the 30 mill the NRL have supposedly recently pocketed go to building a club than more salary cap for elite players to fight over.

This is exactly the right move.The NRL will not allow the coast to fold and will have to back the club.Why 1.AFL 2.The TV deal requires an even number of teams.No new franchise would be ready to go.

It may mean the coast ends up with a well funded club owned by the NRL- Far better than the current mess.I would rather see the 30 mill the NRL have supposedly recently pocketed go to building a club than more salary cap for elite players to fight over.
Why should it be up 2 our club and others 2 fund the Titans?

if the nrl have the titans....gives them a pretty big dce war chest!!!

I think its the right move to save the titans at this stage, losing a club will have a significant impact on the league.

The titans have never been a strong club, and they have a small supporter base which hasnt really grown.

I think by 2017 the NRL should give up on the Gold Coast and move the club to where there is more opportunity for NRL to grow (i.e Perth, Brisbanne, South QLD or NZ). The reality is no one will be ready this season, or likely next to start a new franchise.

So now the NRL run the Knights and Titans, have bailed out West Tigers, St George and The Sharks...any others that I've missed.???
Makes them really independent.

With the current tv contract nothing can change so the titans will stay. But down the future this gives the nrl much more scope. They have the opportunity just to fold the titans without any fan fare, just wind it up. This could allow another team in the comp without increasing the size, which makes sense currently with player numbers and a lack of quality.under the last union agreement im sure one of the clauses was if a club struggled financially the nrl guarantess any outstanding monies for the players but has the right to tell them who to play for. Another excellent position for the nrl should another club be introduced quite quickly. Cutting sides is expensive and poor publicity and while im sure the nrl would prefer to cut a sydney team , quietly suffocating a lame duck on the coast may be just as helpful. While dave smith has done exactly the right thing its hard to imagine the board wanting to take the titans on long term, and who would buy a team thats gone bust more times than alan bond. Maybe that salford owner kooky cash or whatever his name is might buy them.

So now the NRL run the Knights and Titans, have bailed out West Tigers, St George and The Sharks...any others that I've missed.???
Makes them really independent.
We have asked them supposedly for a loan of $3m so they can take us over next year when Foran and DCE are gone and no-one turns up at brookie to watch us get flogged.

I would like to know off Mr Smith, when did he know the Titans were screwed for cash. Was it last week when The NRL were trying to assist the Titans secure DCE on money they didn't have, or was it just today that he found out.
F@rk me, what a disgrace. 5 players get court notices for drug supply and the club cant pay its bills/wages.
Please Mr Smith can you come clean on your knowledge and involvement.

Oh and then he says...quote
“The fact of the matter is, it is an exciting day for the fans because I can tell you I am committed to the long term future, the club has got a good board and good management,” Smith said...unquote

Is this guy for farking real

Hope we don't have any exciting fan days like this

I'd want Smith punted if I didn't know they'd only replace him with Greenberg.
The NRL is a shambles and an embarrassment to professional sport in this country.

Gold Coast need a high profile player like DCE.

He's a good role model, a cleanskin and has the superstar status that they love up that way.

A bit like Gary Ablett has been for the Gold Coast Suns.

I'm gobsmacked

image.jpg

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8