NRL still won't register Snake contract

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Berkeley_Eagle said:
So Manly offered Snake a 4 year deal worth such and such, why not alter it to a 3 year deal with an option in Snakes favour for 2 year extension as that would easily shave off $300K (just Saying)

Not for next year though. They are over 300,000 for next year.

Funny how there was no problem with SBW even though his manager is not accredited.

Lovefooty not a des lover but also not one who thinks he was the only one to blame

The way I see it the board / ceo / owners allowed Des to "run hos own race" which resulted in a couple of premierships in 4 years.

If there was an issue with it they could have spoken up and changed it however they were happy with the results and him, so much so they tried to sign him up a number of times

Lets relax - the ARLC have yet to officially announce the salary cap for next year.

The $5m was a base amount so that Clubs could sign Players whilst the actual figure is being nutted out by the ARLC, Players Union and Clubs.

An ex-Player has told me that due to the Son Of Sam's negotiations, Manly is still playing some Players who are now in the UK.
(BTW - what is SoS's fixation with the Centre of Excellence?
Does he think that everyone is like him, easily sell out for baubles:huh:)

Perry and the little Accountant are revisiting all Contracts and all is well.:angel:

Re: that rehashed article, Brett looks mighty fine crossing the line for us in the featured photo and will continue to do so in 2013 and beyond. Love your work Snake.

niccipops said:
Re: that rehashed article, Brett looks mighty fine crossing the line for us in the featured photo and will continue to do so in 2013 and beyond. Love your work Snake.

Apropos to that, did you guys check out the MWSE Site showing the happiest group of the bestest Players :heart:

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Sea-Eagles-show-off-2013-jerseys/66136

[attachment=272]

lsz said:
Lovefooty not a des lover but also not one who thinks he was the only one to blame

The way I see it the board / ceo / owners allowed Des to "run hos own race" which resulted in a couple of premierships in 4 years.

If there was an issue with it they could have spoken up and changed it however they were happy with the results and him, so much so they tried to sign him up a number of times
It is easy to point the finger at the club. And if the club had taken a harder line with Des exactly as you suggest, and he said he left because of the resulting difficulty working with them, would you be pointing the finger at the club? Methinks so.

In retrospect most would agree the club put too much trust in Des in contract negotiations. Based on the principle that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

The suspicion hangs that Des actively deceived the club into believing he was staying (to continue their trust in him) when he knew he was in fact leaving. And that he used this trust to betray the club for personal gain, tactically working to increase the likelihood of "stealing" staff and players. Are you saying that you know for a fact that this did not occur?

Rex i can safely say that there are few people who know what actually happened of which I am not one. The rest of us are just reliant on our own "sources" etc

I am not someone who thinks that one party is accountable - it was a mutual f up by both the board and Des

lsz said:
Rex i can safely say that there are few people who know what actually happened of which I am not one. The rest of us are just reliant on our own "sources" etc

I am not someone who thinks that one party is accountable - it was a mutual f up by both the board and Des

Isz you always state your point and when it is challenged you go back to well know one knowes.
The board did get there in the end as they sacked him. This was when the whole board got the message of what he was up to. There were some on the board that were a wake to him for a while and were saying things but remember the papers at the time fuelled by zorba, des opponents shot down, .
Des even gave arko a garantee that he could be trusted. He broke this within a week.
Again Isz your head is in it

Lovefooty I am going to have to agree to disagree with you

I simply do not think Des is the devil he has been made out to be and there were a number of factors from a board level that had an influence

All that said it is last years news we are moving forward with a strong off field team - i just hope we do not implode at board level again

lovefooty said:
lsz said:

Isz you always state your point and when it is challenged you go back to well know one knowes.
The board did get there in the end as they sacked him. This was when the whole board got the message of what he was up to. There were some on the board that were a wake to him for a while and were saying things but remember the papers at the time fuelled by zorba, des opponents shot down, .
Des even gave arko a garantee that he could be trusted. He broke this within a week.
Again Isz your head is in it

I have no other information other than what is stated in the papers and reading on forums but i do remember the drama of when we tried to sign des up a couple of years ago and the board were wary of him back then.

They tried to put kpi's into his contract and were trying to make him more accountable and got shot down terribly not only in the papers but on this forum.

Surely everyone could see then that the board were trying to bring des into line and have more control over what he was doing. The board were made to look like a rabble for doing this. Of course the tele were the ones who put so much pressure on the board as they would hammer them in the press (with well placed sources) offering them information which suited their cause. (wonder who they got this from???)

Seems the board were on the right track back then.

Hope des didn't stuff us up for too long.

Thank god we have good staff in at the moment who can work their way out of this mess!

Lovefooty, I doubt every little piece of info you have received is entirely true, am sure there is a few times your sources have stepped in the bull**** and over exaggerated some stuff to make themselves sound more in the right than they possibly were

bob dylan said:
Funny how there was no problem with SBW even though his manager is not accredited.
couldnt agree more Bob ,and making him the new face of the NRL,not bad for a bloke who thinks he is bigger than the game and everyone and walks out on his team mates,a good look for the game for sure,NOT

Kiwi Eagle said:
Lovefooty, I doubt every little piece of info you have received is entirely true, am sure there is a few times your sources have stepped in the bull**** and over exaggerated some stuff to make themselves sound more in the right than they possibly were

Mate. So you think that de$$ was ok doing these things , i can remember a lot of the press as well as people on here jumping on some board members because des could do no wrong. Now that the truth is out there how can any one defend him.

To answer you about the bull**** you talk about , facts back what I have been told.
You can take it or leave it.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Methinks this is a journo struggling for a story

They just can't handle the truth. Manly is the best team in the modern era. Suck that Phil!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6