NRL Standards & Guidelines

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
The NRL is having 2 conferences in the next few days. The 1st is just with the CEO's of each respective club, the 2nd with the coaches / players of each team.

This is a conference held so that any coach or Chief Executive Officer can voice their concern about any system or policy going forward. This is so dirty laundry isn't bought up during the season proper. It is also an opportunity for the NRL to roll out any prospective changes going forward with the game in 2006.

It is anticipated that subjects along the lines of salary cap increases, player retention processes (not losing players to England), the judicial process in and around loading etc. for minor offenses, & in my opinion, the most important, the NRL's ideas of relaxing, or making more amiable if you will the second tier salary cap for each club.

That them brings me to this point. Wayne Bennett is the only coach refusing to go. Why is this man so untouchable in the game today. The head of the ARL has endorsed his future without even attending a post tour debrief? Wayne Bennett is the first coach to complain and whinge about any process throughout the season proper if anything goes against his team. He is the 1st coach to sack his support staff if there is heat on his team through poor performance. He is the only coach that is able to dissapear out the back door of an airport to avoid media contingents.

ARL - grow some balls.

Bennet Sucks. Offers nothing and is bad for the game. When he retires he won't be missed.

All that you say Ryan & Byso are realistic evaluations and fair points for you to target about Bennett professional position.

What I find disturbing is his demeanor. Hes about as cheerful as a camel turd in your coffee.

:twisted:

c'mon byso mate!!

I can't stand the broncos being from queensland and i ain't the biggest supporter of bennett's either but to say "bennett sucks. Offers nothing and is bad for the game. When he retires he won't be missed" Is a Neanderthal comment!!

Name me a coach with a better record than bennett that you have actually sat and watched not some bloody captain coach from the 1910 - 1930 era when there were minimal teams (i say this because it's probably what you would do haha). The guy has had his team in the finals for 14 years straight now!! Offers nothing?? He offers another 7 spots to teams for the eight, cuz you know no matter how much you don't wanna see em there they are always there so it may aswell be a broncos and top 7!!

When he retires he won't be missed?? I agree of late bennett has lost the plot a bit and it is time he moved on but throughout the nineties he and his team changed the way the game was played. He has had a big affect on the game and i for one will miss him because of the way his team turn up nearly every week and try there guts out!! Tell me the last time the broncos got beaten by 50 points??

For the record there biggest loss in 50 - 4 by melbourne in melbourne not sure of the round at a guess..... round 5

My point is they rarely put in a terrible performance!!

But i still can't stand em hahaha

"Name me a coach with a better record than bennett that you have actually sat and watched not some bloody captain coach from the 1910 - 1930 era when there were minimal teams (i say this because it's probably what you would do haha). The guy has had his team in the finals for 14 years straight now!! Offers nothing?? He offers another 7 spots to teams for the eight, cuz you know no matter how much you don't wanna see em there they are always there so it may aswell be a broncos and top 7!!"

Here's a stat for you all. Des Hasler has the worst win loss ratio in the competition today.

I have met Wayne Bennett and he is nothing like any of you have said. Byso has come out with yet another uneducated, uninformed statement. He is a private and humble man. He, like Phil Gould use the media to their advantage which is why they are not liked. If you asked his players (past and present) i think you will find that they all like and respect him.

I think you will find there are 2 coaches not going.

The other?.............one D. Hasler

[quote author=The Fonz]
I have met Wayne Bennett and he is nothing like any of you have said. He is a private and humble man.

Have to say I agree with you there Fonz. I've had the same experience.

As to those who think Des should be going ... give the guy a break! He's having a holiday with his family who are equally important, no, more important than football!! At least Manly are doing the right thing, and are still being represented by sending Dennis in his place. I guess that's why they have Assistant Coach's - to step in when the Coach is absent!

Yeah I got that Fro ... it wasn't aimed at you. There are a lot of people who would be thinking that, not just on this site. Sorry if it sounded a bit harsh. I'm trying to fit in here and 'sound' more negative! :)

I saw a storey on Bennett a few years back, ever since then I have respect for the man. Too bad he coaches Qld and the Broncos though!!!

I loved seeing him jump up and pump his fist when the Broncos scored the winning try against the Storm in golden point a few years back. Was a classic, never see him show much emotion.

I loved seeing him jump up and pump his fist when the Broncos scored the winning try against the Storm in golden point a few years back. Was a classic, never see him show much emotion.

Consideriing he hates Golden point and actively campaigns against it made it even more amazing

I think it's pretty pig headed to say that he won't be missed he has been a big part of the game since he took up the coaching role at the broncos!! What happens when a new rule like the golden point or limited interchange is brought in, the media are straight up to wayne bennett to get his thoughts!! I love phil gould i think he's a champ (i go for the blues and manly so no queensland bull**** from me) but unlike gould bennett only talks about stuff that he is strongly opinionated on!! I agree with the fonz i think it was and kiwigirl, living up here you probably get to know the guy more than you would down there and he is the type of guy that if you had a drama in your life he would be the one to turn too for guidance and he'd also be the one ringing you every second day to make sure your coping alright.

I Don't like queensland rugby league side (love the place) and don't like the broncos but have tremendous respect for the bloke and he WILL be sorely missed once he decides his time is up whether your from north or south of the border!!

It's a big call byso to speak on behalf of the state mate!!

Bennett knows they're little more than a talk fest and a waste of time.

Change in the game is implemented by media bandwagons and he's good at creating those.

I think he's smarter than you give him credit for.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4