NRL sets a dangerous precedent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Buy the ticket, take the ride. That used to be the favourite line of the great American sportswriter Hunter S Thompson. The NRL has no choice but to do the same with the messy precedent it has set itself over accidental head-high tackles.

Frank Pritchard gets rubbed out for one match for hitting Penrith winger David Simmons in the head with his shoulder, yet Warriors winger Manu Vatuvei yesterday slips by without sanction for hitting Eels centre Willie Tonga in the head with his shoulder.
Go figure.

Read the full article

619473-frank-pritchard-and-manu-vatuvei.jpg

High farce: Frank Pritchard's hit on left, Manu Vatuvei's on right. Source: The Daily Telegraph

I must admit i thought the beast would of got a week off for sure.

"A drug person can learn to cope with things like seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth. But no one should be asked to handle this trip"......another quote from the great Hunter S......

^ deep.

Meh, Webster is probably just a disgruntled dogs supporter.

Pritchard had points and has been warned about this before, Vatuvei didn't and hasn't been warned about the way he tackles, end of story

Jono said:
Pritchard had points and has been warned about this before, Vatuvei didn't and hasn't been warned about the way he tackles, end of story

irrelevant. Prictchard was charged, Manu wasn't. Manu could have had 1000000 points and it would have made no difference. Points only count if a player is charged.

From where I sat the Pritchard hit was a shoulder into the head of a player running directly at him. The Manu hit was his shoulder hitting the head region of a player falling into him. No similarity at all. Hazzler should get over himself.

Two very different tackles.

Willie Tonga slipped and fell backwards just prior to being hit. and there was no way Manu would be able to adjust his tackle in that split second. If tonga doesn't slip theres no high tackle I have no problem with the Manu tackle.

Pritchard lines Simmons up and hits him high.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6