NRL Sea Eagles: Playing to pay tribute

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Rugby League

25 Jan 13 @ 05:45pm by Andrew Prentice

FALLEN Sea Eagle Jason Annear will be remembered on Saturday on the Central Coast with a memorial sevens tournament.

Eight teams, including an invitational Manly squad comprised of lower grade players, will be at Berkeley Vale Oval for the chance at $3000 prize money.

Annear, who tragically passed away following the club's presentation dinner last October, played his junior football with the club.

Sea Eagles general manager Steve Gigg said the players are looking forward to the occasion.

"As soon as we found out the tournament was on, we were always going to field a team out of respect for Jason," he said.

"He was a terrific kid; you wouldn't find a person in the club with a bad word to say about him.

"I would like to think our boys will go fairly well - their general conditioning should be better than the other teams."

Berkeley Vale Panthers club president Ken Kelly has spent all week perfecting the oval alongside a handful of volunteers.

Having watched Jason grow up, he expects tears to flow.

"It is still hard to believe what happened," he said.

"I am great mates with his dad Craig - it will be an emotional day for him and his family.

"Everyone at the club has chipped in to ensure it will be a great day. Our aim will be to celebrate Jason's life and also enjoy some good footy."

Local hopes Wyong Roos, The Entrance Tigers, Northern Lakes Warriors, Terrigal Sharks and the home club will field squads in the winner-takes-all competition.

Action starts at 10.30am, with the Jason Annear Shield Final set down for 5.30pm.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/nrl-sea-eagles-playing-to-pay-tribute/

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6