NRL scheduling madness

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Apart from the usual jokes of scheduling i.e broncos every Fri night and Manly 7 Monday games we now have the Titans v Raiders playing in 40 degrees ground level temp while the Manly v Knights game, which should have been Sunday arvo anyway so Knights fans could travel easier, will be played in the cool evening. I know the NRL cant predict weather but for godsake have some sense scheduling games up here at this time of year in the daytime.

By the way the crowd at Skilled is pathetic, looks about 5000 if that. Most are at the beach.

Regarding TV scheduling. Why would Nein put two losing teams (Boncos and Steelers) on primetime television when it had the two best teams playing (Storm V Cowboys)?
Of course I know the answer.
I also know that Nein is NOT helping promote the sport in the way that the NRL should have insisted. Selling out to a ratings does not showcase the best the sport has to offer. The Steelers V Boncos match would not have won over any new fans, but the other match would have. The quality of each match was as far apart as the location of the two venues.

mickqld said:
Apart from the usual jokes of scheduling i.e broncos every Fri night and Manly 7 Monday games we now have the Titans v Raiders playing in 40 degrees ground level temp while the Manly v Knights game, which should have been Sunday arvo anyway so Knights fans could travel easier, will be played in the cool evening. I know the NRL cant predict weather but for godsake have some sense scheduling games up here at this time of year in the daytime.

By the way the crowd at Skilled is pathetic, looks about 5000 if that. Most are at the beach.

I thought all Titans fans and their families were at the ground by the look of it. :)
Good points though Mick.

Good for us though. Today's game will take some recovery for the Titans before we play them in 6 days.

Don't write off the Titans at all. They will go very well this year a real smokey for the 8. They should have put an emotion charged Sharks away last week. This week the Raiders are just garbage so no real test but they are a very big mobile side the Titans.

I think the Riader shave gone to the beach as well - 30 NIL at halftime

36 nil now.

I agree with Mick, madness and I also agree they are going to be tough to beat next week, their forwards are going well and Seizer / Kelly are doing a good job in the halves, tough game coming up.

Mark from Brisbane said:
36 nil now.

I agree with Mick, madness and I also agree they are going to be tough to beat next week, their forwards are going well and Seizer / Kelly are doing a good job in the halves, tough game coming up.

Shall I tip the Titans now !!! :D

The Wheel said:

Yeah good one mate. I was planning to watch the delayed telecast. Wake up to yourself.

Napper said:
Napper said:
The Wheel said:

Yeah good one mate. I was planning to watch the delayed telecast. Wake up to yourself.

**thought it was the channel 9 game and decided to be a whinger.

I wouldn't have watched it anyway :p
Gold :D
You're catching the turkeys today bro

The Who said:
Regarding TV scheduling. Why would Nein put two losing teams (Boncos and Steelers) on primetime television when it had the two best teams playing (Storm V Cowboys)?
I also know that Nein is NOT helping promote the sport in the way that the NRL should have insisted. Selling out to a ratings does not showcase the best the sport has to offer. The Steelers V Boncos match would not have won over any new fans, but the other match would have. The quality of each match was as far apart as the location of the two venues.

What do you prefer the draw in advance or it to be announced on a weekly basis ?

lsz said:
The Who said:

What do you prefer the draw in advance or it to be announced on a weekly basis ?
Very good point.

Talked to John Grant tonight about this sort of thing. He asked me what I thought of the the 6.30 kickoff and I told him I'd take it every week over a Monday night. I explained a few things to him about how hard it is to travel and the lunacy of having a game at Gosford on the Thursday of the Easter break.
He seemed generally interested but not much he can do now

lsz said:
The Who said:

The scheduling in advance is better. But letting Nein do it is wrong. All we get is teams that rate better - not the best teams. It's the NRL's fault for selling out this vital aspect of the sport. Every team should get a chance to be televised - not just Brisbane! Who would you rather see play, The Storm or Brisbane?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6