1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NRL scheduling ARRRR

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by sheridanstand78, Mar 7, 2012.

1. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    Yet again Manly have been dudded by the release of dates for round 6 and 7. We wait for our first game at Brooky against the Penny Panthers and they put it on Easter Monday night, and our next home game is 5 days later on a Saturday night against the Titans.

Yet again another 5 day turn around, that will be the 3rd time thats happened in the first 7 rounds of the league, while the QLD Ponies get 2 more Friday night games, taking them to 7 in a row.

I thought the independent commission was meant to mean that we have an even playing field, our club is yet again treated like dirt.

Our first game you would hope would be a Sunday as thats what the majority of fans want.

I would like to see a rule come into play that no team should be forced to play again for a 6 day duration after a match. Make it fair for everyone.

It is time for this to be sorted, cause the same clubs benefit every season.

The scheduling has Channel 9 and News Limiteds grubby fingers all over it.

2. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    The TV stations select the games - this (scheduling) wont be sorted until the new TV deal comes through. But says I am not happy, Easter Monday I guess is better than a normal weekday Monday night.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bennyeagle

bennyeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 8
    I sometimes wonder if we are genuine whingers like people say we are, then i actually think how many times we have been dudded by the tv stations ans the NRL, its quite a joke really.

4. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +644 / 6
    monday night... what a great way to open the season at home for the current premiers.(insert sarcasm smiley here)

5. Brookie4eva

Brookie4eva Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +175 / 1
    As stated above, the independent commission can't do much for this year, they are stuck with the tv contract signed a few years ago (which would likely be costly, if not near impossible, to modify or break), therefore all blame for scheduling must be directed at the tv stations, and the old management who agreed to this deal.

I am happy to give the independent commission the benefit of the doubt until we see what happens with the new deal.

6. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    What's more I assume Manly requested Sunday arvo

7. Supernintendo Chalmers

Supernintendo Chalmers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +401 / 6
    imagine being able to prepare your recovery and training schedules around 7 day turnarounds week in, week out with the same routine, for 90% of the season.... they do it tough old Brisbane... not.

8. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    FFS.!

• Like Like x 1
  9. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    Surely all 15 other clubs are sick of the 'free kick' Brisbane gets. Gallop loves to say the NRL is an even playing field - only Brisbane is more equal than others (with apologies to George Orwell).

10. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    My favourite Gallop or tv persons response is 'it's what the fans want'.

Bull**** what fan in there right mind wants to watch there team on a Monday night.

Ps to the spelling nazis don't care if it's wrong

11. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    I don't care that it's wrong either. It just makes you look stupid! :)

12. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    So does being the posterboy for bogans,doesnt stop you

13. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Well we chose to take our first "home" game to Gosford, which would've been a Friday night game. Someone needs to play Monday night. Stop whinging again ffs.

14. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    There would be no whinging if the Monday night matches were spread around evenly. How many do Brisbane or NZ play?
    We certainly cope more than our fair share.