NRL proposed contract 'cooling off period' rule change

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bald idiot said:
• A 10 business day cooling off period will apply to all contracts

Great - So now players can sign a contract with their existing clubs and backflip on that (which they can't do currently)...

Wasn't Greenberg responsible for enticing Des to break his contract a year in advance.?
Greenberg's appointment with the nrl is a major conflict of interest always will be until he is shown the door, i will always be suspicious of decisions made regarding the dogs as long as he is involved eg concussion rule- suspended fine *crowd behaviour hmm issue dismissed and it took 2 weeks to identify those grubs in the crowd. It took the afl less than 48 hours......

The current possibility of players backflipping to stay loyal has been blown up by the media into a major negative issue.

The current reality of players playing with one club (like Foran & DCE) whilst being contracted to another blows it totally out of the water in terms of importance.

The simple solution is that no player can sign for another club until the season is over. Yes, a 10 day cooling off period, and no announcement until the cooling off period expires. And yes, player managers will feel out the market beforehand. But no contract can be signed before this date.

The current possibility of players backflipping to stay loyal has been blown up by the media into a major negative issue.

The current reality of players playing with one club (like Foran & DCE) whilst being contracted to another blows it totally out of the water in terms of importance.

The simple solution is that no player can sign for another club until the season is over. Yes, a 10 day cooling off period, and no announcement until the cooling off period expires. And yes, player managers will feel out the market beforehand. But no contract can be signed before this date.

Completely agree. Common sense would dictate that until the day after grand final no one can sign with another club or negotiate. That gives them approximately 4 months to negotiate and make any move they choose. I wrapped up my affairs in Australia and moved within a month, and I was renovating a house.

That's plenty of time for highly paid athletes to wrap it all up and get on with fulfilling their current contracts

Toddy was a bit slow to the punch.

Always playing catch-up is the NRL.

Good to see he couldn't make it retrospective.

He couldn't stop the DCE backflip.

Just like my maiden aunty we get to keep our cherry for life.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6