NRL on hold for Royal Wedding

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Reading the Telecrap  this morning & it looks like ch9 will reschedule the NRL games set down for the 29th April as the Royal wedding will be on at 8pm that night with all networks set to cover the event,
thoughts ?

My thoughts are that would be a great night to go to the footy - wonder if Gallop will have the balls and tell Ch 9 to F Off

Looks like a good night to have Austar/foxtel,or go to Video Ezy. Seriously,good luck to him for picking up a good sort like her,but she must have a screw loose,wanting to be in that family!You can bet the NRL "darling" teams wont be on that night.

A nine spokesman said "its a very important event and we want to cover it to the best of our ability. We have not made a decision on the NRL yet but it will be something we will liik at over the next couple of weeks."

why isnt that wedding on ABC ???????????? & why couldnt they get married in the off season..
pFFt  royalty  ...

If Channel 9 had any Brains they would put the NRL on, if every other channel is covering a wedding that realistically 99% of the male tv watching population don't give a ****  about they would win the ratings on that night hands down.

There's only one Princess in this world, well two, and they both live at my address !

You have to wonder what is the point of multiple free to air channels

switch the games with fox sports for the night.. they can do the friday games.. ch9 do the saturday games.. just a thought.

I work for a TV network so I totally understand this decision. I hate it, but I understand it. The overall viewship for the wedding will be far higher than the NRL games. Part of the decision is you can't allow the other networks to have complete control of an event like this cause even though everyone will have the exact same shots it allows them to showcase their talent and viewers will possibly like them more than yours. If Seven gets all the viewers and just 5%of them say "hey I actually like the 7 news team more than 9 I'll watch that" It means the network looses potential millions of dollars. The people who are watching the wedding are the demographic where the biggest nightly ratings and highest ad space can sell. The networks can't afford to loose them. Its the smart decision from a network perspective its the wrong decision for football fans. Unfortunately due to the new anti-syphoning laws I would assume that 9 will show the games on 9 on delay, I'm just hoping they put what would be the game live on a multichannel then replay it on 9, rather than just saying an even bigger F U to the fans than they already are.

manlyforever08 link said:
switch the games with fox sports for the night.. they can do the friday games.. ch9 do the saturday games.. just a thought.

F*ck that. Why give 9 the Sat games? They have the Fri games, if they don't want to show them at all or show them live, then as you say let Fox show them, but don't give them anything in return.

They keep d*cking the game around. Don't let it happen.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA . OOPS! Should have just written 'LOL'. Am getting old!

lsz link said:
You have to wonder what is the point of multiple free to air channels

Exactly ! ! !

If Nine want to cover the wedding too then put the NRL on Gem or GO.

I hope common sense prevails and that they broadcast it on one of their other 2 channels, so there is no reason footy should be canceled! and our arch rivals in the AFL also face the same problems.

I can't wait for William to tie the knot. i couldn't care less about the footy. Seeing that lovely girl get her prince is my dream. (I am also on my fifth schooner! :p)

Jonesyv2 link said:
If Channel 9 had any Brains they would put the NRL on, if every other channel is covering a wedding that realistically 99% of the male tv watching population don't give a s**t  about they would win the ratings on that night hands down.

Totally agree. The Royals are a complete wank.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6