NRL leadership a disgrace

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Often hear complaints about the people who run the game itself & kind of steer away from it - never been much into politics, more just the enjoyment of the game itself.
Well this week changed that on a personal level as the NRL decided to SAVE the Titans & in the process CRAP on Manly....
This deal they made for DCE was underhanded & it shows a vested interest when negotiating with a key young player many regard the Australian 7 for years to come.
Would like the reaction from Storm if it was Cam Smith or Cowboys if it was JT & they are not in their prime.
All has been very hush, hush with the focus on Manlys poor retention, not the NRL dealing with a contracted player....really p***ed off with it being hailed a great masterstroke signing when it was a supposed nuetral organisation who are supposed to run the game & not show favouritism....yeah right!!

Look, there are teams in the outs with the NRL. Us, the Dragons, superfluous Sydney teams basically.

There's nothing more to say..
image.jpg

@maxta the whole situation is just such a farce. The reality is it wouldn't happen to certain other clubs. It just wouldn't be tolerated. Can you imagine if it happened to a media darling like Souths??

I used to love nothing more than a good NRL bashing in the past. But that was when the game was presided over by a galloping twit who served News Ltd.

Nobody really trusts Greenburg but do we actually have anything (anything at all) that evidences (not supposition) the NRL working to engineer this outcome ?

Because its one massive PR sh!tfight with ALL the clubs if it was to be known that the ARLC orchestrated this.

Yeah Gallop is forgiven - compared to what we have now with the game run by money grabbing corporates and bulldog blow ins they were great days.

It breaks my heart to see what is happening to Manly. To see this one great club culture reduced to this, seeing Watmough in a Parra uniform, Gift in a Souths uniform, Kitey in a Penrith uniform, and soon Cherry in a GC uniform it just boggles the mind. A dismantling of an exceptional club. This could well and truly be the end of a era and this happened really quickly.

The NRL is completely to blame for this shambles. They did nothing to help keep loyal players at this club, and they will wait until Manly are at the bottom of the table before they change the rules. They allow contract negotiations for 2016 to happen during the first few rounds of 2015, but won't change the rules until Manly at the bottom of the table. Foran is all but certain to go to Parramatta, but again, no rules will be changed until the carnage is complete at Manly. Whatsmore, you have got Rothfield and all other manner of media spinning stories that it is all Tooveys fault. What a disgrace.

It's a sad time for Manly and a very sad time for the NRL. I will support my team and may even attend a few Manly games, but I will not support the business of the NRL in any other way and will not watch any other club games this year. They can go to hell.

...and I'll end by saying I have a strange respect for Melbourne. What Bellamy has achieved with his team with the turnover his team has endured year after year is just incredible, and if Manly can learn anything in this situation it is that this has been seen before and to never give up.

NYEagle

Ive said it to death ,These ****s are going to kill our game.Phil Gould or someone of the same ilk ,who has a knowledge & love for the game ,needs to step in & be the head of Nrl & save it.
And soon.

NY Eagle, you are so right about what you say about the inadequate administration that we see from NRL HQ and how the club has been well and truly shafted by them.

However we need to also look a lot closer to home. After the 2011 premiership we had a chance to set things up to be a dominant force for years to come, 2 young halves and a core of experienced players who bled for each other. This legacy has been squandered because the management at our club allowed individuals to have too much power and weak management that facilitated terrible communication towards the playing group, especially the senior players.

There needs to be a serious review of what has gone pear shaped, the club needs strong leadership now and as fans we need to be there especially during the down times which we are experiencing now.

Did anyone hear the 2GB interview with Rothfield? About the NRL blowing a budget? I only got the end of it in part.

Ok I'm going for a 2nd dip. But what just really gets to me is how the NRL administration just fall all over themselves to tell you how great they are. Now don't get me wrong, I understand you need some positivity and some spin etc. But it just annoys me. To stand there when the Titans are going into administration and you've had the cocaine issue and get the poops with a reporter for dare asking you about the health of the game just wreaks of self indulgence.

I'll be honest I always felt a bit sorry for Gallop, he was always on a hiding to nothing. But I felt he tried his best whilst still having his hands tied by News Ltd. But now I'd give anything to have him back over these clowns. My biggest issue is that the people at the core of the NRL don't understand Rugby League. It's a tribal, brutal sport. It doesn't need to be played by every child in Australia (which will result in it being turned into a different sport).

I actually think the game does need Gus Gould, but factions of the game would probably never allow it.

The Tits have no fans and if the NRL want to prop it up it will be a waste of money. The club with eventually fold or be relocated like the other GC teams before them.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2