1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NRL Integrity unit.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Brissie Kid, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +829 / 10
    Seriously NRL? Investigating players because they were possibly in the vicinity of an alleged incident? Really? Is this what NRL players can expect now?

As for the media - the biggest headline I've seen about this alleged incident is that a NRL player may have been nearby. What a farce.

Setting up an NRL integrity unit has ensured the media will get a never ending feed of headline stories, with almost all later will turn out to be non events.

"Police said a large number of people witnessed the incident."

Will the media be asking the employers of these people to investigate their presence near the fight? Will these people be named in the newspaper like NRL players?

2. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    So a south sydney player will be investigated by the dogs todd greenburg.

Someone get the carpet and broom out.

Meanwhile - the silence over the most rigged gf in the nrl's +100 years history goes unabated......

*I'm tipsy so translate things yerself

• Like Like x 3
  3. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,555 / 32
    Integrity is not the first word that springs to mind when Greenberg is mentioned.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Daddycool08

Daddycool08 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 4
    The Integrity Unit looks into this but doesn't investigate other things? Go figure!

I just googled - the opposite of integrity. I got http://www.ask.com/question/what-is-the-opposite-of-integrity

It came up with the following:

"The opposite of integrity is untrustworthy or corrupt. Integrity is based on honesty, trust, and honour. Therefore, the opposite would reflect shiftiness, evil intent, and mistrust. " The site's words folks not mine.

Of course we all know the NRL has integrity don't we!

It's certainly not evil, untrustworthy, corrupt, shifty with evil intent and mistrustful. :D

Of course these words should not be taken as an attack on the integrity or otherwise of the NRL and if any such conveyance has occurred it was done entirely by accident. And any such conclusion should not be drawn by anyone who read the above.

I for one have nothing but the highest regard for the NRL and am of the opinion that the NRL is beyond reproach, and is of the highest integrity.

5. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    It should be a concern for the Players Assoc that players are being required to discuss events that are obviously still the subject of a police investigation.

6. mmmdl

mmmdl Active Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 2
    Are you people the same people that were of the opinion that the Ben Barba case should have been referred to the Integrity Unit, when he said he did nothing wrong?

Surely it is the correct thing to do to refer it, and if there is no case to answer, so be it. It also wouldn't be the first time a player has pleaded innocence and has been lying through his teeth.

7. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,392 / 36
    Its all just typical of the position this David Smith and his team have put themselves in.
    Integrity, Honesty....and all the other bullsh1t adjectives they use.(are theses adjectives by the way????)
    A group of do gooders with no balls, because they want to look good and better than the other codes....
    My tip is league will fall further behind next year under this clowns leadership....I thought Gallop was a goose but Smith is all over him......

8. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,361 / 111
    No inegRity Left Unit.

9. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +829 / 10
    If on game day there is a fight between fans on the Brookie hill 10 minutes into the 2nd half, all 34 NRL players, the two referees, the two touchies & the video referee all should be investigated by the NRL Integrity unit, given they were in the vicinity.

10. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Brissie Kid it is fair to assume the integrity unit wouldn't be required to investigate merely because a person was a bystander.

In other words, the player might be considered a 'person of interest' (suspect) in an ongoing police investigation.

If police investigate and decide there is no case to answer, then the Integrity Unit can still investigate whether there was behaviour or a misdemeanour that is relevant to the NRL code of conduct.

However, if the police investigation hasn't been finalised then it is grossly unfair of the NRL or the player's club to expect them to answer any questions until they have had independent legal advice (accent on 'independent', ie not just from the club's lawyers).

11. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,246 / 7
    Anyone who frequents this thread should be investigated.

12. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 26
    This is outrageous. If Thaiday was clearly involved why wasn't he reported?

• Like Like x 2
  13. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    And he lied about his age too...

14. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +838 / 24
    A-fk'ing-men. God, the irony of the NRL 'integrity unit' having the audacity to check up on others moral and ethical standing

Even on the other side of the world this administration annoy the piss out of me. Can someone stand up and run this code properly please???

15. Moondog

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,555 / 32
    I feel calling themselves an Integrity Unit is completely over the top.
    They could do worse than follow the lead of our local council...
    http://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/news/council-cracks-over-jatz-and-crackers-mayor/2061509/

16. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    @Moondog

I had a little bit of a chuckle and thought of our Silvertails Jatz when I first saw that article a few weeks back and I immediately knew that the same bunch of Fraser Coast Chronicle comment whingers would take it (the "Jatz and Crackers with the Mayor" comment) the wrong way.

I agree with news-hound with her comment to that article where she said that she thinks that those Fraser Coast Chronicle comment council whingers need to go out and buy themselves a sense of humor as they are always reading something into nothing and that it wouldn't matter what this council attempted to do it they wouldn't be happy.

Yeah sure, the council has it's faults and our rates are way too high but these people go way overboard with their vitriol and even when the council does some things right, these same people will always find a negative or twist words to validate their vindictiveness. They even bring up the council in other articles that have nothing to do with council just to give themselves the satisfaction of giving it to them.

I like to have a little fun and give it back to them (that is if the Fraser Coast Chronicle online editor approves my comment which a lot of the times they don't) and challenge them to step up to the plate for a position on the council at the next election to show that they can do so much better, but the ones that I have challenged usually decline. They haven't got the guts and would rather just whinge and bleat about the way things are instead of stepping up to the plate to show that you can do better.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Moondog

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,555 / 32
    That's been my experience too Jethro. It always seems to be the same vocal minority who constantly complain. I guess it's easier to have a whinge then actually do something constructive.

18. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Any player who gives a statement to the 'Integrity Unit', is plainly stupid. In any event where the police are called, give your name and address and nothing more until you have consulted a solicitor. You are not obliged to say anything.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,246 / 7

hahahha.

Rats in the ranks and Jatz in the pantry.