NRL Integrity unit.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
Seriously NRL? Investigating players because they were possibly in the vicinity of an alleged incident? Really? Is this what NRL players can expect now?

As for the media - the biggest headline I've seen about this alleged incident is that a NRL player may have been nearby. What a farce.

Setting up an NRL integrity unit has ensured the media will get a never ending feed of headline stories, with almost all later will turn out to be non events.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/nrl-investigating-alleged-presence-of-dylan-walker-at-scene-of-wild-brawl-20131107-2x383.html

NRL investigating alleged presence of Dylan Walker at scene of wild brawl
Date
November 7, 2013 - 2:09PM
Emma Partridge, Michael Carayannis and Glenn Jackson

Rising NRL star Dylan Walker was allegedly present during a violent brawl which left three men in hospital in Sydney's south on Sunday.

The NRL has been made aware of Walker's alleged presence and its Integrity Unit is looking into the matter. Walker, though, has told Rabbitohs officials that he was not involved in the brawl.

Fairfax Media understands the South Sydney Rabbitohs player was present when a fight broke out in a car park near the Anesi Greek Taverna in Beverly Hills about 2.55am.

Police have not confirmed his involvement but it is understood he was not one of the three victims who were injured.

It is also believed upcoming under-20s player Tyrone Phillips, who has signed with the Bulldogs, was also there at the time. Phillips is a good friend of Walker, and it's believed the pair had earlier attended a wedding.

No charges have been laid at this stage.

A Souths spokesman confirmed that the club had forwarded details to the NRL.

"We're aware of an incident at a venue that (Walker) was at," the spokesman said. "He's told us he wasn't involved. We've reported it to the NRL Integrity Unit."

Bulldogs chief executive Raelene Castle confirmed she had spoken with Phillips, and that she had been in contact with the Integrity Unit.

"We are aware that there's been an incident, and we're in communication with the Integrity Unit," Castle said. "We're awaiting the outcome from the police investigation."

The brawl started on corner of Georges and Edgbaston Roads after security guards kicked several men out of the Greek taverna.

A St George duty officer said security broke up an altercation between two to three people at a bar and then removed them.

One man, 22, was found lying on the ground with head injuries and was taken to St George Hospital.

Some time later a man, 23, was brought to hospital by friends suffering puncture wounds to the stomach. Police said his injuries were the result of the car park brawl.

A third man, 22, also brought himself to hospital suffering minor injuries.

It is believed at least one of the victims was not co-operating with police.

St George police are reviewing security footage taken from the scene and speaking to a number of witnesses to understand what transpired on the night.

Police said a large number of people witnessed the incident.

Walker burst onto the NRL scene this year scoring a try in his debut against the Wests Tigers in round 10 and featured in South Sydney's preliminary finals loss to Manly.

He went on to score five tries in his first six games on his way to 16 top grade appearances.

The centre inked a three-year contract extension with South Sydney earlier this year.

In a remarkable debut season, he won the club's rookie of the year award plus try of the year for South Sydney this year.

The 19-year-old had a distinguished junior representative career playing for the Australian Schoolboys last year before featuring in the NSW under-20s team this year.

"Police said a large number of people witnessed the incident."

Will the media be asking the employers of these people to investigate their presence near the fight? Will these people be named in the newspaper like NRL players?

So a south sydney player will be investigated by the dogs todd greenburg.

Someone get the carpet and broom out.

Meanwhile - the silence over the most rigged gf in the nrl's +100 years history goes unabated......

*I'm tipsy so translate things yerself

The Integrity Unit looks into this but doesn't investigate other things? Go figure!

I just googled - the opposite of integrity. I got http://www.ask.com/question/what-is-the-opposite-of-integrity

It came up with the following:

"The opposite of integrity is untrustworthy or corrupt. Integrity is based on honesty, trust, and honour. Therefore, the opposite would reflect shiftiness, evil intent, and mistrust. " The site's words folks not mine.

Of course we all know the NRL has integrity don't we!

It's certainly not evil, untrustworthy, corrupt, shifty with evil intent and mistrustful. :D

Of course these words should not be taken as an attack on the integrity or otherwise of the NRL and if any such conveyance has occurred it was done entirely by accident. And any such conclusion should not be drawn by anyone who read the above.

I for one have nothing but the highest regard for the NRL and am of the opinion that the NRL is beyond reproach, and is of the highest integrity.

It should be a concern for the Players Assoc that players are being required to discuss events that are obviously still the subject of a police investigation.

Are you people the same people that were of the opinion that the Ben Barba case should have been referred to the Integrity Unit, when he said he did nothing wrong?

Surely it is the correct thing to do to refer it, and if there is no case to answer, so be it. It also wouldn't be the first time a player has pleaded innocence and has been lying through his teeth.

Its all just typical of the position this David Smith and his team have put themselves in.
Integrity, Honesty....and all the other bullsh1t adjectives they use.(are theses adjectives by the way????)
A group of do gooders with no balls, because they want to look good and better than the other codes....
My tip is league will fall further behind next year under this clowns leadership....I thought Gallop was a goose but Smith is all over him......

If on game day there is a fight between fans on the Brookie hill 10 minutes into the 2nd half, all 34 NRL players, the two referees, the two touchies & the video referee all should be investigated by the NRL Integrity unit, given they were in the vicinity.

Brissie Kid it is fair to assume the integrity unit wouldn't be required to investigate merely because a person was a bystander.

In other words, the player might be considered a 'person of interest' (suspect) in an ongoing police investigation.

If police investigate and decide there is no case to answer, then the Integrity Unit can still investigate whether there was behaviour or a misdemeanour that is relevant to the NRL code of conduct.

However, if the police investigation hasn't been finalised then it is grossly unfair of the NRL or the player's club to expect them to answer any questions until they have had independent legal advice (accent on 'independent', ie not just from the club's lawyers).

globaleagle said:
So a south sydney player will be investigated by the dogs todd greenburg.
Someone get the carpet and broom out.
Meanwhile - the silence over the most rigged gf in the nrl's +100 years history goes unabated......

A-fk'ing-men. God, the irony of the NRL 'integrity unit' having the audacity to check up on others moral and ethical standing

Even on the other side of the world this administration annoy the piss out of me. Can someone stand up and run this code properly please???

Jatz Crackers said:
Anyone who frequents this thread should be investigated.
I feel calling themselves an Integrity Unit is completely over the top.
They could do worse than follow the lead of our local council...
http://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/news/council-cracks-over-jatz-and-crackers-mayor/2061509/

Moondog said:
Jatz Crackers said:
http://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/news/council-cracks-over-jatz-and-crackers-mayor/2061509/

@Moondog

I had a little bit of a chuckle and thought of our Silvertails Jatz when I first saw that article a few weeks back and I immediately knew that the same bunch of Fraser Coast Chronicle comment whingers would take it (the "Jatz and Crackers with the Mayor" comment) the wrong way.

I agree with news-hound with her comment to that article where she said that she thinks that those Fraser Coast Chronicle comment council whingers need to go out and buy themselves a sense of humor as they are always reading something into nothing and that it wouldn't matter what this council attempted to do it they wouldn't be happy.

Yeah sure, the council has it's faults and our rates are way too high but these people go way overboard with their vitriol and even when the council does some things right, these same people will always find a negative or twist words to validate their vindictiveness. They even bring up the council in other articles that have nothing to do with council just to give themselves the satisfaction of giving it to them.

I like to have a little fun and give it back to them (that is if the Fraser Coast Chronicle online editor approves my comment which a lot of the times they don't) and challenge them to step up to the plate for a position on the council at the next election to show that they can do so much better, but the ones that I have challenged usually decline. They haven't got the guts and would rather just whinge and bleat about the way things are instead of stepping up to the plate to show that you can do better.

Jethro said:
Moondog said:
Jatz Crackers said:

@Moondog

I had a little bit of a chuckle and thought of our Silvertails Jatz when I first saw that article a few weeks back and I immediately knew that the same bunch of Fraser Coast Chronicle comment whingers would take it (the "Jatz and Crackers with the Mayor" comment) the wrong way.

I agree with news-hound with her comment to that article where she said that she thinks that those Fraser Coast Chronicle comment council whingers need to go out and buy themselves a sense of humor as they are always reading something into nothing and that it wouldn't matter what this council attempted to do it they wouldn't be happy.

Yeah sure, the council has it's faults and our rates are way too high but these people go way overboard with their vitriol and even when the council does some things right, these same people will always find a negative or twist words to validate their vindictiveness. They even bring up the council in other articles that have nothing to do with council just to give themselves the satisfaction of giving it to them.

I like to have a little fun and give it back to them (that is if the Fraser Coast Chronicle online editor approves my comment which a lot of the times they don't) and challenge them to step up to the plate for a position on the council at the next election to show that they can do so much better, but the ones that I have challenged usually decline. They haven't got the guts and would rather just whinge and bleat about the way things are instead of stepping up to the plate to show that you can do better.
That's been my experience too Jethro. It always seems to be the same vocal minority who constantly complain. I guess it's easier to have a whinge then actually do something constructive.

Any player who gives a statement to the 'Integrity Unit', is plainly stupid. In any event where the police are called, give your name and address and nothing more until you have consulted a solicitor. You are not obliged to say anything.

Moondog said:
Jatz Crackers said:

Jethro said:
Moondog said:
Jatz Crackers said:

hahahha.

Rats in the ranks and Jatz in the pantry.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7