NRL grand final shocker is behind me, says Manly's David Williams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
31 January 2014 - Leaque HQ SMH

Manly winger David Williams says he has put his horror grand final effort behind him and is fitter than ever coming into a new season.

The flamboyant flyer had a premiership decider to forget last year as the Sydney Roosters came from behind win to win the NRL title.

Read More

31 January 2014 - Leaque HQ SMH

Manly winger David Williams says he has put his horror grand final effort behind him and is fitter than ever coming into a new season.

The flamboyant flyer had a premiership decider to forget last year as the Sydney Roosters came from behind win to win the NRL title.

Speaking for the first time about the game on Friday, a candid Williams revealed his intense grand final disappointment but is feeling confident ahead the 2014 season.

''The grand final is not forgotten,'' he said.

''It was a game of football ... not my best, obviously not the best time to have my worst game of the season.

''But there was a lot to take out of last year with the improvement in my game also for me playing the most games in the season, so it is only forward from here.

''I'm excited for the first game of the season and just looking forward to getting back out there and improving and seeing how far I can go.''

Williams made headlines post-grand final after he reported went AWOL as he attempted to come to terms with the Sea Eagles' loss.

''All of a sudden you lose your phone for a few days and you are AWOL ... none of that bothered me,'' he said.

Williams paid credit to a revolutionary raw diet, which includes a breakfast of three uncooked eggs in a glass, for turning his career around after it was repeatedly threatened by injury.

The 27-year-old played 27 games for Manly last year after managing 28 in the previous two seasons.
''It will be the same time around this year,'' Williams said.

''It improved my game seven-fold last year. There is no reason not to do it again this year and hopefully it keeps getting better.

''I played 27 games last year which might seem normal for everyone else but it was double my average so it is feeling great, it is always improving and I feel I have gotten on top of those injuries. I'm feeling better than ever.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/nrl-grand-final-shocker-is-behind-me-says-manlys-david-williams-20140131-31rft.html#ixzz2rwLCyIIH

Wolfie is nothing if not adaptive - may he earn another Premiership ring with Manly this year :angel:

Watching the replay again :s, a few of our forwards who watched SBW and Guerra stroll past, should put their hand up and shoulder some of the blame :cool:

Wolfie said a lot of great things about Richie, so maybe that SMH article was way off :)
http://www.nrl.com/video/clubvideoseaeagles/tabid/10941/contentid/612019/videotabid/128/default.aspx

Bring on 2014 and lets give it another go Manly :exclamation:

More importantly, is @jethro going to be happy someone else posted a news story?!?!?!?!?

da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

:p :angel: :d

edit:...

Williams made headlines post-grand final after he reported went AWOL as he attempted to come to terms with the Sea Eagles’ loss.

”All of a sudden you lose your phone for a few days and you are AWOL … none of that bothered me,” he said.

But but but he said in another interview that he was simply at home on the lounge and no one bothered to ring!!!!!

PANTS ON FIRE!!!!

Go on, defend that HM :p:p

The bogan lives in DY, so was not MIA in my book :cool:

I just love his outlook on life, makes me laugh and I am not alone GE :shy:

How he can pull of this hacked haircut and still remain GORGEOUS is a mystery @niccipops and I will contemplate in 2014 :heart:

HappilyManly said:

How he can pull of this hacked haircut and still remain GORGEOUS is a mystery @niccipops and I will contemplate in 2014 :heart:
The guy even looked awesome eating dog food with a knife in his tropfest film so he can pull off anything, including unbelievable tries against the laws of nature.

mozgrame said:
"NRL grand final shocker is behind me, says Manly's David Williams"

I'm glad Wolfie has gotten over the shocker that was Shame Hayne. I haven't.

Agreed moz.. Wolfie has nothing to apologise for..

mozgrame said:

Cant remember the ref playing on the wing in maroon and white Mozzie , even he admitted he had a Barry Crocker :D

Wolfie needs to deliver on the pitch.

The past is the past and I am sure he has learnt a lot from the grand final.

He needs to attack the ball when attempting to catch it. I can live with a dropped ball if he does that, but hesitation is fatal. He also needs to trust Killer inside and not come up and in all the time cause the smart halves will cut him out everytime leaving an easy passage for the opposing winger.

Yeah he made mistakes in the GF but dont forget that try the week earlier.

sheridanstand78 said:

He needs to attack the ball when attempting to catch it. I can live with a dropped ball if he does that, but hesitation is fatal. He also needs to trust Killer inside and not come up and in all the time cause the smart halves will cut him out everytime leaving an easy passage for the opposing winger.

Agree ! The Wolfman should be focused on his footy, If I was his parent I would say, leave all the crap out with the media and the hair, as soon as you make a mistake , your already in the Headlines. He has only signed for this year and needs not make any mistakes, just play and concentrate on footy only. Brett Stewart covered for Woofy a few times during mistakes Wolfy had made in the Final, lose balls etc. as the score would have been more.

sheridanstand78 said:

Agree ! The Wolfman should be focused on his footy, If I was his parent I would say, leave all the crap out with the media and the hair, as soon as you make a mistake , your already in the Headlines. He has only signed for this year and needs not make any mistakes, just play and concentrate on footy only. Brett Stewart covered for Wolfman a few times during mistakes Wolfman had made in the Final, lose balls etc. as the score would have been more.

Las Vegas Blvd said:
mozgrame said:

Cant remember the ref playing on the wing in maroon and white Mozzie , even he admitted he had a Barry Crocker :D

You level headedness is outmatched only by my hatred of being robbed. :mad:

Wolfie is an entertainer, the Fans and Media enjoy his larrikin attitude - RL is a game which sadly lacks characters - so the crazy hair is a fun aspect on the Brookie Screen after each of his amazing tries :)

Wolfie was the highest try scorer in 2013, he also changed his diet and workout to reduce the horrendous injury toll he had in the past.
So he is more focused on his results than others in our team.:cool:

The defensive aspect would be addressed by him and the Coaching Staff, hence the AFL training sessions this month.

If it only took one player to lose a game, we would have never made the finals with Gifty's efforts in the middle of the year, or the Sloth in 2011. :cool:

mozgrame said:
Las Vegas Blvd said:
mozgrame said:

You level headedness is outmatched only by my hatred of being robbed. :mad:

Imagine how Cronulla feel

Its been a while now, i think wolfie will bounce back from his poor effort.

He played a good season and I think he is one injury away from retirement so i think he will give it his all in 2014.

niccipops said:
HappilyManly said:

The guy even looked awesome eating dog food with a knife in his tropfest film so he can pull off anything, including unbelievable tries against the laws of nature.
Sooo, he's off the raw meat diet then? I hope no one at ASADA watched that film. If that processed dog food increases Wolfies stamina and makes his coat healthy and shiny, we could be in trouble.

Yet again he seems more worried about how he looks than how he performs.

Should do his hair like Neville Glover. At least he won us a grand final.

bob dylan said:
Yet again he seems more worried about how he looks than how he performs.

Should do his hair like Neville Glover. At least he won us a grand final.

Yes I agree. Manly have only offered him only this season ext on his contract. After his poor performance in the final, ( I have heard Manly did not want him after that and there were angry words spoken after the final not to re sign him) I know he adds some Entertainment but you can afford to that when your game is sound, but your best players don't do it, he should be Knuckling Down, keeping quiet with the media and Concentrating on his footy, get his hair cut properly so he can see the ball better and doesn't get it pulled, as knowing Manly's luck, we will get penalized, if he retaliates.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6