NRL Essentials DVD - Manly Edition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not sure if this has been posted, some new NRL Essentials DVD's were released last week for each club, saw a few on the shelf of the local JB (but being Penrith, didn't have the Manly one) Found it online though.

There's 5 games on it across 3 DVD's, Club games and finals games. Grand Finals left off because they are already in DVD bundles i'd say.

It's online from JB for $26.98 at http://goo.gl/xtmVR they were marked at $29 in store the ones I saw.

Here's the rundown.

4462669.jpg

1996, PRELIMINARY FINAL SEA EAGLES 24 – 0 SHARKS
In a truly dominant Finals performance, the Sea Eagles demonstrate why they are the competition’s team to beat, showing the attacking flair and stonewall defence which won them the Minor Premiership.

2005, ROUND 12 SEA EAGLES 36 – 26 PANTHERS
Showing all the fighting qualities of a true Sea Eagles side, the Sea Eagles battle back from a 26-6 deficit; scoring 30 points in 29 minutes to pull off the greatest comeback in the club’s history.

2007, ROUND 17 SEA EAGLES 56 – 0 ROOSTERS
In a display of attacking brilliance the Sea Eagles put on a try-scoring clinic, destroying the Roosters and in the process recording their biggest winning margin of the modern era.

2008, QUALIFYING FINAL SEA EAGLES 38 – 6 DRAGONS
The Finals come to Brookvale for the first and only time in the history of the NRL and the Sea Eagles don’t disappoint the parochial crowd, thrashing the Dragons on their way to Premiership glory.

2011, PRELIMINARY FINAL SEA EAGLES 26 – 14 BRONCOS
In another dominant display, the Sea Eagles are methodical across the park, never giving the Broncos a way back into the game as they march on to the Grand Final and their eighth Premiership.

2008, QUALIFYING FINAL SEA EAGLES 38 – 6 DRAGONS
The Finals come to Brookvale for the first and only time in the history of the NRL and the Sea Eagles don’t disappoint the parochial crowd, thrashing the Dragons on their way to Premiership glory.

--
The first and only time, if you don't count the semi against souths.

I still remember 96 prelim.

Ridgey copped a knee to the head. Heavily concussed.

Play like a baws in the GF the following week.

stoodamire said:
I still remember 96 prelim.

Ridgey copped a knee to the head. Heavily concussed.

Play like a baws in the GF the following week.

The knee of Geoff Bell if I recall correctly?

The only bad thing about this DVD set is if like me you have the Victory DVD set's they issued for 2008 and 2011 Premierships you already have those 2 playoff games from those years. Wouldv'e been better to include that Souths game from 2007 and maybe the Prelim final from 95, 97 or 07?

I guess I recalled incorrectly then lol.
Yeah I worked the boss thing out after I wrote that .

AshfieldBazza said:
It is a great set of games though i must admit

The first three is why i want to buy it. I have the other two in the victory pack as you mentioned. I would have liked to see the 64-12 against Parra from 1988 and the 61-0 vs St. George from 1994 in there.

The St.George game for sure, and either the vs Broncos when we stormed back for a draw on a Sunday arvo, or vs Broncos when we played them in '98 in the return match when they wore the aqua.

Pittwater Legend said:
I wish we had beaten the Dragons 38-6 but they got the score wrong on that one.
That score is correct. We had a massive for and against in the 2008 finals series topped off with 40 - NIL.

in the mid-90s...

Where is the 61 Nil against St George game?

or against the Roosters, where we came back after being down 18 or 20 nil?

Those two were awesome games.

Sea Eagles Rock U said:
Pittwater Legend said:
I wish we had beaten the Dragons 38-6 but they got the score wrong on that one.
That score is correct. We had a massive for and against in the 2008 finals series topped off with 40 - NIL.

You are right. I got the scores against against St George and New Zealand mixed up. I thought we had beaten St George 32-6 and New Zealand 38-6.

Edit.

I just had a look. We scored 22 tries in the 2008 final series whilst only conceding 2. Surely that is a record.

I too would pay money for the 61-0 win over the Dragons game but my memory of it is that it was never a TV game in the pre pay tv days sadly...would love to be proved wrong though.

I had an audio tape of the radio call of the game done by ABC - sadly lost.

I was at the last 2, great memories. Beaver crawling on his knees and headbutting the ball in a very imaginative set play.
I would have liked the battle of Brookvale.

The Indian said:
I too would pay money for the 61-0 win over the Dragons game but my memory of it is that it was never a TV game in the pre pay tv days sadly...would love to be proved wrong though.

I had an audio tape of the radio call of the game done by ABC - sadly lost.

We have a pirated copy on DVD but there is no commentary. This supports your belief that it wasn't a tv game. It is filmed from one camera up in the middle of the Jane Try stand. Pretty weird to watch with no sound except for the crowd noise but great to have it in the collection.

Morrow must have enjoyed that one!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4