NRL EMAIL RESPONSE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip & Chase link said:
It's not a hollow crusade if everyone on here refuses to renew their membership until the Manly club publicly questions David Gallop about Brett's suspension and the justification for it in light of the Carney incident (or any of the other many incidents since Brett's). Tell the club you won't renew your membership until the publicly state whether they are supporting Gallops bid to be CEO of the new IC or not. If they are endorsing his nomination then they won't be getting any of my hard earned. I don't care if the other 15 clubs vote for him, but I don't want to be associated with a management team that are happy to be support someone who rode roughshod over them two years ago. How weak is that ? The club is the sum of it's members, you have the  power in your pocket....use it to get answers.  

Come on C&C

be realistic. What do you honestly think any of this will achieve beyond frustrating you the author of the emails/letters and who do you think not continuing with your membership hurts?

ultimately you, the club and the rest of the supporters of the team.

Be realistic, there is essentially nothing you can do here, and sending missives to the NRL will only be met with the same canned response time and time again. They have given their reasons and the matter is closed.

You could of course organise a mass protest across the bridge.

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing ;)

Rex link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=186638.msg319565#msg319565 date=1299205244]

I am, Rex, well aware that it may be a thinly veiled excuse. However it is an excuse that they have been able to justify and would quite easily hold up legally too.

The faster we all move on the better, rather than going on some hollow crusade that we know will never, ever result in anything.

Exactly how has Gallop been able to justify the penalty?

I can say the sky is red, but that doesn't make it true, or justified.  And just because people might not be able to take me to court to defeat me, doesn't mean that I have justified my statement about a red sky.

Your approach of dropping it may be fine for you, Dan, and may be fine for the club.  But us paying fans have the right to any thoughts we choose.  And thoughts which continue to expose Gallop's hypocrisy, illegitimacy and incompetence sit very well with this particular fan right now. That would shift if he exposed some humanness and admitted error and mistreatment of Stewart on reflection.  If his ego is too fragile to do that, then so be it.
[/quote]

That's great that you want to take this moral high ground, but have you perhaps thought that the parties that were actually involved may not want to see the issue continually dragged up?

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299206838[/time]

Chip & Chase link said:
All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing ;)

Same answer as the one to Rex.

Have you perhaps thought that the club is simply following the wishes of the actual people involved in the situation.

If it were me i wouldn't want other people taking the fight to the world everytime there is another incident in the NRL.

You are assuming that the "club" is Penn / Quantam / Lowe et al.....I don't consider them to have the right to act for me as a club member. If the majority of the members want answers then that's what they should be seeking.

If Brett is happy to let it lie then that's fair enough, but judging by his interview on the footy show last year he was none to impressed with his treatment at the hands of the NRL and Gallop.

Chip & Chase link said:
You are assuming that the \"club\" is Penn / Quantam / Lowe et al.....I don't consider them to have the right to act for me as a club member. If the majority of the members want answers then that's what they should be seeking.

If Brett is happy to let it lie then that's fair enough, but judging by his interview on the footy show last year he was none to impressed with his treatment at the hands of the NRL and Gallop.

That was a year ago. You don't see him publicly going on about it do you? So why should we as fans, who were not slighted by the event really carry on?

Why don't you email Brett directly and ask his opinion, whilst he probably appreciates the effort, I think you will find he would prefer to let it lie.

At any rate, constantly emailing the NRL with this stuff is just not going to do any good. It's like digging a hole to fill the hole next to it

And where did appeasing Hitler get them Dan?

It is quite inaccurate to suggest that no fans felt slighted by the grossly inequitable treatment of Brett Stewart.  And the inequity lives on in each ongoing action the NRL takes.  e.g. Brett's face, unlike Carney's, remains excluded from current NRL ads.

There's a time to stand your ground, and a time to roll over helpless, and not everyone shares your opinion that the time for rolling over has arrived.

Guys, Gallop is doing his best. He has learnt from the debacle around Brett, and his insistance on being involved, and contacting Todd Craney is proof of that, when he never did Brett.

Therefore, there are some positives to come out of things with Brett.

Ryan link said:
Guys, Gallop is doing his best. He has learnt from the debacle around Brett, and his insistance on being involved, and contacting Todd Craney is proof of that, when he never did Brett.

Is that true? Or wishful thinking?

Has Gallop acknowledged and accepted his error and learned from it? Or is he simply erratic and biased.

Why is Carney's image in the NRL ads and Brett still excluded?

A simple statement from Gallop could clear all this up.

Rex link said:

It is quite inaccurate to suggest that no fans felt slighted by the grossly inequitable treatment of Brett Stewart.  And the inequity lives on in each ongoing action the NRL takes.  e.g. Brett's face, unlike Carney's, remains excluded from current NRL ads.

There's a time to stand your ground, and a time to roll over helpless, and not everyone shares your opinion that the time for rolling over has arrived.

What awfully long bow to draw. If I were you I would probably rethink a strategy of comparing Mr Gallop to Hitler

Ryan link said:

I agree with you Ryan.  Gallop will never acknowledge that he made a mistake with Brett, but it certainly is a positive that he appears to have learnt something from it.

Why not contact the Manly club & find out their stance & what actions are being undertaken? We don't want to undermine anything they're doing.
After all, it is theirs & their players tarnished image & loss of income that are the issue here.

Duff that is exactly correct.

A mislead crusade by fans of the club is counterproductive in my eyes

Dan link said:
[quote author=Rex link=topic=186638.msg319589#msg319589 date=1299210431]

What awfully long bow to draw. If I were you I would probably rethink a strategy of comparing Mr Gallop to Hitler
[/quote]
You totally missed the point Dan.  That comment was not about Hitler or Gallop.  It was about your religious belief in appeasement.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299215983[/time]

Dan link said:
Duff that is exactly correct.

A mislead crusade by fans of the club is counterproductive in my eyes

Curious statement from a person instrumental in leading fans to sign a petition saying they will boycott products promoted by the NRL.  Quite a turnaround.

What are you afraid of?

Rex link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=186638.msg319595#msg319595 date=1299211891]
[quote author=Rex link=topic=186638.msg319589#msg319589 date=1299210431]

[/quote]
You totally missed the point Dan.  That comment was not about Hitler or Gallop.  It was about your religious belief in appeasement.
[/quote]

Perhaps, perhaps not.

By the way fans may have felt slighted, but they weren't

really it all comes down to this Rex, are you Brett Stewart?

MadMarcus link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=186638.msg319617#msg319617 date=1299215993]
really it all comes down to this Rex, are you Brett Stewart?

Imagine if he says yes!  ;D
[/quote]

Rex wouldn't know how, he would say something more along the lines of

"I would like to indicate my intentions of siding with the affirmative"

I always said that the club might have a case for loss of income from Gallop's stupidity.  Hard to prove, but nevertheless I would be pursuing it if I had any influence in the club.  Brett on the other hand, is well served by legal advisers and it seems his stance towards News Ltd might have a happy outcome. 

It seems as though Des agrees with Rex,
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/manly-coach-des-hasler-accuses-the-nrl-of-double-standards-over-todd-carney-affair/story-fn2mcuj6-1226016087266

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4