NRL DON"T want a Manly repeat this year.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep, the refs were poor and looked like they had no idea in parts. Warriors did lie all over us in the ruck. Some forward passes missed. Happens every game. But conspiracy talk should be left to other teams. We are Premiers and they always get a hard mark. I bet the Warriors' forum has more reason to blow up than we do.

Yep, the refs were poor and looked like they had no idea in parts. Warriors did lie all over us in the ruck. Some forward passes missed. Happens every game. But conspiracy talk should be left to other teams. We are Premiers and they always get a hard mark. I bet the Warriors' forum has more reason to blow up than we do.

ManlyBacker said:

What do the Warriors fans have to blow up about?

ManlyBacker said:

What do the Warriors fans have to blow up about?

you are probably right about not wanting us. Small fan base, small localised area, unpopular team, been in finals for awhile. Of course they want Dogs, Rabbits etc as they have so many more fans which will bring higher ratings and new excitement. Storm and us are on the nose to NRL.

you are probably right about not wanting us. Small fan base, small localised area, unpopular team, been in finals for awhile. Of course they want Dogs, Rabbits etc as they have so many more fans which will bring higher ratings and new excitement. Storm and us are on the nose to NRL.

Not so sure about the small fan base. It's not that small. Another thing is, if you have a team that 'everyone hates' (as they keep telling us), it translates into good ratings and potentially big home ground attendances for other teams.

Not so sure about the small fan base. It's not that small. Another thing is, if you have a team that 'everyone hates' (as they keep telling us), it translates into good ratings and potentially big home ground attendances for other teams.

Kevinward777 said:
The amount of fwd passes the Warriors got away with.......they may as well have been playing NFL...

And that's nothing new...the Warriors' first try in last year's GF was from a forward pass, although no-one seemed to pick it up at the time. The commentators on both Ch 9 and Foxtel all missed it, although everyone at Manly Leagues (where I was) yelled "FORWARD" in unison. I wonder if the refs/commentators would have missed it if it had been us who scored a try like that?

It never ceases to amaze me how supporters of other teams seem to be watching a different game from me...read the "comments" sections on the SMH or Telegraph websites, and any article about Manly is followed by a barrage of accusations of bias towards the Sea Eagles by referees and favouritism shown by the NRL. As if! :dodgy:

Kevinward777 said:
The amount of fwd passes the Warriors got away with.......they may as well have been playing NFL...

And that's nothing new...the Warriors' first try in last year's GF was from a forward pass, although no-one seemed to pick it up at the time. The commentators on both Ch 9 and Foxtel all missed it, although everyone at Manly Leagues (where I was) yelled "FORWARD" in unison. I wonder if the refs/commentators would have missed it if it had been us who scored a try like that?

It never ceases to amaze me how supporters of other teams seem to be watching a different game from me...read the "comments" sections on the SMH or Telegraph websites, and any article about Manly is followed by a barrage of accusations of bias towards the Sea Eagles by referees and favouritism shown by the NRL. As if! :dodgy:

The ideal GF for the NRL would be any of Dogs, Souffs, Broncos, Saints Tigers, Parra. Big fan bases and wide appeal to the drooling masses. Although Dogs vs Manly would generate an enormous interest and therefore sponsors for tv.

The ideal GF for the NRL would be any of Dogs, Souffs, Broncos, Saints Tigers, Parra. Big fan bases and wide appeal to the drooling masses. Although Dogs vs Manly would generate an enormous interest and therefore sponsors for tv.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
mickqld said:

Then let's hope it's a Manly V North Queensland grand final!

mickqld said:

Then let's hope it's a Manly V North Queensland grand final!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6