NRL officials deny snubbing Melbourne Storm, Billy Slater with Dally M Medal winner's omission from ad NRL officials deny they snubbed Melbourne Storm or Billy Slater with their decision to ignore the Dally M Medal winner in the television ad to promote the 2012 NRL premiership season. Every club is featured in the commercial unveiled at the NRL premiership season launch on Wednesday night, with Bon Jovi's This is Our House playing, but the only clear Storm presence is Ryan Hinchcliffe being smashed in a tackle. An NRL official said on Wednesday the new ad was about highlighting the game's young talent and featuring the "spectacular" pieces of play from the 2012 season. "You talk about selling entertainment, when you see moments like we saw last year it makes it pretty easy to find the sort of brilliance you are looking for," NRL marketing director Paul Kind said. "The established stars are all in there, but a lot of the brilliance came from the youngsters." The lack of Storm stars in the ad won't affect the Melbourne audience, however, with the promo to be shown only in New South Wales and Queensland. Storm officials have believed to have opted once more against showing the NRL ad in Victoria, and have instead cut their own promo, which will be shown at the club's season launch on Thursday night.