NRL clubs queue for 19-year-old Manly star Jake Trbojevich

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ron E. Gibbs said:
... and if we have to pay "overs" to keep a local player we've developed this far, we should. There's no better young player in the game.

I don't really get the "overs" point, Ron (and others). If he is an outstanding talent, as everyone has been saying for a couple of years now, then he is worth a lot and why wouldn't we pay him decent coin?

Surely it's other clubs who would have to offer "overs", to have any hope of luring him away from our happy, successful club?

^ Sorry, SER8, it was poorly expressed. I just meant that we'll have to at least get close to what other clubs will offer. It's great that he's expressed a desire to stay, but he shouldn't be expected to sign a contract purely out of his love for the maroon and white.

Absolutely not. Manly's problem is that we have so many talented players we want to retain. It will always be a juggling act. At the time JWH left we wanted to keep him, but (sensibly) he wasn't our top priority for front row back then, so we got out-bid. I doubt that will happen with Jake, because the young brigade are key for our front row now.

The other thing I don't really get is the anger at Hasler for the back-ended deals. (The NRL should just refuse to register them.) Can you imagine the uproar here if we'd lost Watmough and Gift? Or Matai, or Lyon, or whoever else we only managed to keep by means of the back-ended deal?

Keeping the guts of our champion team together has been an excellent achievement, but it hasn't been easy. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I agree ser8 with out many of the back ended deal we wouldn't have kept our squad together so long.

Of the youngsters coming through they must keep Trbojevich, Gutherson, Hiku, Sao and Chee-Kam. They are specials and many should be ensuring that those coming off contract at the end of '14 are tied up over the summer break. Look at Wests. They have ensured their youngsters are staying. SC wouldnt delay and nor would the dogs. Sign them up for goodness sake. That also applies to Hasson, another rising star.

Bearfax said:
Of the youngsters coming through they must keep Trbojevich, Gutherson, Hiku, Sao and Chee-Kam. They are specials and many should be ensuring that those coming off contract at the end of '14 are tied up over the summer break. Look at Wests. They have ensured their youngsters are staying. SC wouldnt delay and nor would the dogs. Sign them up for goodness sake. That also applies to Hasson, another rising star.

Trbojevic and Hiku yes they will definitely be NRL stars. Jury still out on Gutherson,Chee Kam and Sao, just because they star in under 20's doesn't mean they will make it in NRL.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4