NRL clubs queue for 19-year-old Manly star Jake Trbojevich

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
RISING prop Jake Trbojevich has expressed his belief in the future of the Sea Eagles by saying he wants to stay with the club long term.

The 19-year-old, who made his NRL debut in the final premiership round against Penrith, will become one of the hottest properties in the game when his contract expires at the end of next season.

He again demonstrated his potential by playing a starring role for the Junior Kangaroos in their 38-26 win over the Junior Kiwis at WIN Jubilee Oval on Sunday.

"I live in the area and grew up supporting Manly," Trbojevich said. "And the club has been really good in my development as a player."

The Mona Vale Raiders product was thrown into the action in his international debut against the Kiwis when his team trailed 14-0 and the ­mercury hit 36 degrees.

"It was very, very hot," Trbojevich said.

It was no coincidence Australia’s fortunes turned once Trbojevich started to provide the team with some real go forward around the ruck, getting away clever offloads.

Junior Kangaroos and former Sea Eagles assistant coach Kelly Egan was full of praise.

"I thought the whole bench was good but Jake certainly did his role really well," Egan said.

"He and (fellow interchange forward) Regan Campbell-­Gillard probably got us back into the game with some of the tidy defence and good hit-ups they did."
- See more at: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/nrl-clubs-queue-for-young-manly-sea-eagles-star-jake-trbojevich/story-fn2mcuj6-1226740492536#sthash.WzjwD1Fy.dpuf

RE: NRL clubs queue for 19-year-old Manly Sea Eagles Holden Cup star Jake Trbojevich - Se

Keep your grubby mits off him. He's a Manly boy to the end.

RE: NRL clubs queue for 19-year-old Manly Sea Eagles Holden Cup star Jake Trbojevich - Se

The usual suspects (who don't have to worry about a salary cap) will be offering him big money to leave. Manly better tie him up to a extended contract next year.

Memo Egan,stay well and truly away from our Jake,we all know Des will have you get into his ear

you'd think they'd at least get the spelling of his name right. I mean surely as you are writing an article about a player, you bring up some basic bio info within your research. Quality journalism.

That's how we lost JWH the roosters offered a back ended contract that blew us out of the water

Thats the issue do you pay overs (and I mean big overs) for a promising local kid that has had a very minor taste of NRL hoping he will be injury free and outstanding in the future or go with willing experianced first graders at affordable prices . I would hate to be involved with of making the desion.

You always go for local talent over imports because they are much more likely to remain loyal. They have strong ties to the local area and are also likely to accept less money to remain with a club they almost certainly grew up supporting.

He played like a veteran prop in his shirt stint against the Riff, looked very comfortable.

Lock him up ASAP!

Sign him up for at least 3-4 years!

Run him off the bench next season, with King starting most likely. With next season probably being King's last, he will gain enough experience to be starting with BJ in the front row in 2015.

Yes resign him but don't rush him next year.
Question how many 19 year old props where there who played more than 5-10 NRL games this year?

Sounds like the hoppa saga all over again

MissKate said:
Sounds like the hoppa saga all over again

Kind of, except we won't be able to cover his loss as easily as we could cover Hoppa's. With Kite, Rose and Joe G gone, we don't have much left in the way of front rowers. We're going to have to rely on young guys to step, and if we have to pay "overs" to keep a local player we've developed this far, we should. There's no better young player in the game.

It is urgent that the club sign this boy, hes a potential 10 year player and future captain, hes a local boy and he wants to stay.

Bugger off Egan and keep your dirty dog gob away from the boy.

if hes ready hes ready. Dont worry about age. It may me few and far inbetween to see a talent in the forwards at that age but if we have one that can hold his own at that age.. why not?

CAMBO said:
That's how we lost JWH the roosters offered a back ended contract that blew us out of the water

Personally, very glad he went.

To me everyone that has seen this kid live on here has massive wraps on him, now given we have let kitey, joe and rosy go this kid is the goods.
Whether you like Jwh or not you would agree best front rower in game,
I would hope we have cleared cash for this reason (and des back ending gifty and choc millionaire wages), I did post the end of era thread but I may be wrong. Look at the front row stocks signed starling came for opportunity Souths mate tells me he is the goods very tough, lui opportunity again, Andrews Mackay cutters player of year add jake to this and the established lawerence, king and Richie and to me these seems some new blood in pigs we need.
Jayden hodges is a interesting one long term signing could well play a Heath le strange role, seems a lot of competition in forwards which is good.

Hasler tried to lure him to the Dogs last year. I'd be shocked if he didnt have another crack at him.

If he is seen with a new Ford then the chooks have him!

Hey Kaza it's not about whether he's good enough. It's about whether his young body is physically up to the bashing props get.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4