NRL circa 2035

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
More and more 'rules with grey areas' are introduced over the next 20 years 'to increase the excitement from uncertainty, and also provoke lots of exciting controversy' until in 2035 its decided that ALL rules will be grey areas!
oh nearly forgot, off field drama will be allotted up to the value of a converted try (redeemable the next round). Value would depend on the quality of innuendo and obfuscation arising from said drama......

I reckon one things for sure the game will be a LOT different to what it is today, 20 years is a long long time the way technology is increasing.

The bunker being fully automated probably isn't as funny as it might seem.

I really only threw this out to get a few ideas, I don't really agree with the closing all Sydney clubs down and starting again angle, and @HoldenV8 was spot on just a take on Super League.

I like the idea of two conferences , how you do that successfully I don't know, clearly its more teams and I think unless we import massive numbers of Polynesian, Fijian, and PNG players we just wont have the numbers.

Being a country boy originally (and I've mentioned this numerous times) it saddens me to see the decline in the bush, and it hasn't taken that long to get to that point.

It was only 2003 my old home town Moree (The Boars) played Wee Waa (Panthers) with Jamie Lyon playing for his home town and Scott Fulton playing for Moree.

Back then the town probably had 300 kids playing juniors and they fielded 3 grades in Group 9, today its about 50 kids playing (and barely holding the juniors together with lack of interest and zero money other than what the parents put in) and the town "just" scrapes in a side to play in the area.

Meanwhile, AFL is growing (WTF), and Junior Soccer has exploded, both receive funding from national bodies, with the kids having to pay a very minimal amount to participate.

I'm guessing by 2035 the game will be completely gone from anywhere in the country!

Plenty of speed and skill currently, it's the gang tackling and wrestling in the tackles that are one of the games many current issues.
Agree with you about the curse of gang tackling and wrestling. Igor's limit of 2 tacklers effectively instantly removes both problems. And rewards genuine dominant tacklers like he was.

The prime reason Union is a snorefest is there's too many players on the field. IMO League also suffers badly here. When you're facing superfit athletes, the holes that existed 30 years ago just aren't there any more. That's why regimented structures and tactical kicking now dominate both codes.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6