NRL circa 2035

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've mentioned this to my mates before , about 3 years ago. I believe the current Syndey teams , all still exsist , however they play in a NSW premier league competition , seperate to the NRL.. These teams have to keep competitive in order to choose the best of the best to play in the NRL competition within their positions etc. Break up the sydney comps as East Sydney and West Sydney kinda like the A league model and maybe include a South version that can be fought out by Wollongong and Canberra if that makes sense. NRL should mean that National , we need representatives in each state

If Manly was to fold I wouldn't support another existing team. But if Manly folded in order to create a 'Sydney North' team? Well, I'd probably support that team. But I would never have the same interest as before. Not to say the next generation of kids wouldn't.

I am vehemently against a team in South Australia and 'Central Qld' though. Another Brisbane team I'd be fine with. Perth I'm not convinced - have you see the Western Force lately?

If Manly was to fold I wouldn't support another existing team. But if Manly folded in order to create a 'Sydney North' team? Well, I'd probably support that team. But I would never have the same interest as before. Not to say the next generation of kids wouldn't.
What about a team based on the northside in maroon and white simply called the "sea eagles"? If that is 2035 I'd be happy enough.

The south central Qld team will be called the "so. central rain". I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Rugby League is dying, unfortunate but true.

Kids today support a host of International sports such as NBA, Premier League & European football etc etc. They are turning their backs on League because it is boring and predictable. My son is 19, a good young player, but has already lost the appetite. He loves Le Bron James and the Cavs

While we have idiots and throwback neanderthals commentating and running the game, sniggering away with their sexual innuendo schoolboy smut, we are a laughing stock to other sports. The numbers will decrease over the next generation, and won't be replaced. It will be a game played by big Polynesians etc. No answers here, but it's not looking very bright for this working man's game.

Not defending the NRL, or the clubs support of the bush, but what is a big factor in the drop off of numbers is the increasing physicality of the game.
4 man gang tackles and wrestling.

The local plumber, sparkie, chippie and farmer can no longer risk injury and time off work.

The NRL clubs continue to take the best 2 or 3 young players from every team, this happens every year.

Most dont make it, but they never return either. The net effect is the quality players are all gone, and families are moved from there origins.

When I grew up 1 kid from the whole group was lucky to get a NRL deal, now its nothing for 5 from one team to be signed.

The NRL clubs continue to take the best 2 or 3 young players from every team, this happens every year.

Most dont make it, but they never return either. The net effect is the quality players are all gone, and families are moved from there origins.

When I grew up 1 kid from the whole group was lucky to get a NRL deal, now its nothing for 5 from one team to be signed.
And very few continue in the game because they think they have failed.

Rugby League is dying, unfortunate but true.

Kids today support a host of International sports such as NBA, Premier League & European football etc etc. They are turning their backs on League because it is boring and predictable. My son is 19, a good young player, but has already lost the appetite. He loves Le Bron James and the Cavs

While we have idiots and throwback neanderthals commentating and running the game, sniggering away with their sexual innuendo schoolboy smut, we are a laughing stock to other sports. The numbers will decrease over the next generation, and won't be replaced. It will be a game played by big Polynesians etc. No answers here, but it's not looking very bright for this working man's game.
A huge problem is that the way it's structured at junior level, and I'm just talking clubs not reps, is players who just want to play for fun or with their mates are being squeezed out from age 11 up through win at all costs grading. The club I'm involved with, and I've fought for years against it to no avail,grades from age 9. They know what I'm saying is right but the argument is " other clubs do it".
We've had situations where we have 2 teams in one division, one strong one weak, and the bulk of the weaker team don't come back.
Junior league needs a massive shake up to make it a game they WANT to PLAY right up to senior age and beyond.
But it's run by , largely, small minded dinosaurs who still think they run a monopoly.

The way people are becoming soft as pillows, there won't be any real contact sports left. they will all be banned for fear of hurting yourself or others. The future to me looks soft!

Not defending the NRL, or the clubs support of the bush, but what is a big factor in the drop off of numbers is the increasing physicality of the game.
4 man gang tackles and wrestling.

The local plumber, sparkie, chippie and farmer can no longer risk injury and time off work.
Igor reckoned the solution to that problem is a max of 2 players in a tackle. He never needed anyone's help, so I'm surprised he didn't say one.

And if you want more speed and skill, cut it down to 11 a side plus reserves.

Igor reckoned the solution to that problem is a max of 2 players in a tackle. He never needed anyone's help, so I'm surprised he didn't say one.

And if you want more speed and skill, cut it down to 11 a side plus reserves.

Plenty of speed and skill currently, it's the gang tackling and wrestling in the tackles that are one of the games many current issues.

Nrl 2035 Manly win their 12th Premiership:clap: We're all 20 years older and there's a Dementia thread on Silvertails.:giggle:
More and more 'rules with grey areas' are introduced over the next 20 years 'to increase the excitement from uncertainty, and also provoke lots of exciting controversy' until in 2035 its decided that ALL rules will be grey areas!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2