NRL changes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Poola

Reserve Grader
Here are some changes I'd like to see happen in our game to hopefully make it more exciting to watch.
a) 1 bonus point for a team scoring 4 tries in a game.
b) 1 bonus point for a team winning the first half and another to the team winning the second half. You'll still get your 2 points for a win.
c) Power Play a team can select the attacking power play of 5 mins. By doing this the opposition loses a player for the duration of the 5 mins.
The defending power play cannot be taken in the last 20 mins of any game.
I feel these changes might keep the fans interested throughout the full 80 mins. I also feel that teams playing in a close game could be rewarded with a bonus point.
It will be interested to hear your thoughts

So the losing bonus point and point for 4 tries is a super rugby thing. I all my years of watching super rugby I dont think the bonus point has helped make it more exciting (doesn't help that its a penalty goal fest).

Firstly to have a losing bonus points you need to move to a 4 point for a win system, otherwise in a game 12-10 for example the winner gets 2 points, the loser 1.

Dont mind the first half team winning getting a point, means teams will take the first half seriously. (of course to have this you cant have a losing bonus and 4 try bonus point, otherwise its plausible to lose and get 3 points).

Like the idea of a powerplay. Didn't they trial something like this is in the Allstars game a while back? It could work against you as the defending team rests a player for 5 minutes.

The NRL have been trialling the seven tackle rule all season in Scumdog games. Greenturd thinks its been a success.

More changes, yep that's just what we need.

The game has been progressively destroyed by changes year on year. The game I grew up playing 45 years ago is long gone and has been replaced by something the "experts" tell us is more entertaining for the masses. I would be happy if we made no rule changes for a decade.

I'd rather uncomplicate the game rather than add more.

The only thing I'd like to see change is Golden Point , I just hate that , although understand there would have to be something in finals.

It would make a good video game. But it's not necessary for rugby league.
The bonus points in rugby have distorted the competition. If I'm correct the Brumbies are ahead of NSW on points yet they have had two more losses!

Here are some changes I'd like to see happen in our game to hopefully make it more exciting to watch.
a) 1 bonus point for a team scoring 4 tries in a game.
b) 1 bonus point for a team winning the first half and another to the team winning the second half. You'll still get your 2 points for a win.
c) Power Play a team can select the attacking power play of 5 mins. By doing this the opposition loses a player for the duration of the 5 mins.
The defending power play cannot be taken in the last 20 mins of any game.
I feel these changes might keep the fans interested throughout the full 80 mins. I also feel that teams playing in a close game could be rewarded with a bonus point.
It will be interested to hear your thoughts
So you want to turn league into a cross between 20/20 cricket and union. The bonus point for 4 tries is the only one I could support. The nrl needs to figure out a way to stop making the game one dimensional. That's the only thing that will keep fans interested. Currently its boring as bat****. 5 one out runs, gain some field position, put up a bomb, don't contest and instead hope the other team drops it. Its unimaginative and **** to watch.

One of the best rule changes in my opinion would be allowing the NRL and officials to pick a favourite team every year.

So let's say the NRL wants a particular team to win one year. So they will do the following:

1 Have no salary cap and allow third party (TP) agreements not to be included in the cap.
2 Instruct the referees to go easy on the team for a year and give them every 50 50 call.
3 Allow their players to dive and then penalise the other team for that diving.
4 Let the referees who support that particular team referee that team every game.

I suggest the pecking order would be:

1 Souths
2 Dogs
3 Melbourne
4 Easts

Then repeat again and again.

Then also to make it even more interesting let the NRL pick a team they like to hate the most. Once they pick that team do the following:

1 Support any other team that wants to buy their players even to the NRL guaranteeing the wages of those players.
2 Penalise this team as many times as possible for any small indiscretion such as touching a referee.
3 Fine their coach if he opens his mouth and wants in investigation.
4 Get the judiciary to increase suspensions oh let's call it a particular team loading.
5 Get some staffers to leak unpopular stories about the club to agitate the fan base.

I suggest the pecking order would be:

1 Manly

Then repeat every year.

Wouldn't that be great to see?

Oh, I am glad to say my idea was taken on board by the NRL very quickly. So thanks guys.:party:

I'm thinking we change the interchange as planned (10 to 6), and see how that grabs us before changing anything else. We should look at when the game was absolutely firing - say back in the 80's/90's and compare the rules then to now, look at how team tactics have changed, and assess what the contributing factors were.

Based on this you can possibly revert back to previous rules in some instances and keep others (I think the 40/20 rule and the corner post rule change have been the best two in recent memory).

I'm thinking we change the interchange as planned (10 to 6), and see how that grabs us before changing anything else. We should look at when the game was absolutely firing - say back in the 80's/90's and compare the rules then to now, look at how team tactics have changed, and assess what the contributing factors were.

Based on this you can possibly revert back to previous rules in some instances and keep others (I think the 40/20 rule and the corner post rule change have been the best two in recent memory).
It'd never happen but I'd like when it goes to only 6 changes to have 6 on the bench and permanent substitution. None of this rotation crap. Once you're off you're off. That way you could carry a back on the bench in case of injuries.

Seeming the NRL love golden point games; I would like to see golden point in every game. Don't worry about whether it is a draw, lets give a team who is behind 30-nil another chance in golden point. It could mean the Bulldogs were behind by 30 points, give them golden point extra time, Reynold can milk a penalty and voila!, Bulldogs get home on golden point!

My medication is yet to kick in this morning.

Seeming the NRL love golden point games; I would like to see golden point in every game. Don't worry about whether it is a draw, lets give a team who is behind 30-nil another chance in golden point. It could mean the Bulldogs were behind by 30 points, give them golden point extra time, Reynold can milk a penalty and voila!, Bulldogs get home on golden point!

My medication is yet to kick in this morning.

It's almost happening now , how many times do you see come backs in the second half brought about by an unfair penalty count!!

Oh yes, Chan Nein & Fixtel do love Golden Point.

It's almost happening now , how many times do you see come backs in the second half brought about by an unfair penalty count!!

Oh yes, Chan Nein & Fixtel do love Golden Point.
I'd like to see golden try. No time limit. And for anyone that thinks it wouldn't work its a war of attrition. Eventually someone will get tired and miss a tackle. it'd be way more exciting than watching a bunch of morons try to kick a field goal for the first time ever.

It would make a good video game. But it's not necessary for rugby league.
The bonus points in rugby have distorted the competition. If I'm correct the Brumbies are ahead of NSW on points yet they have had two more losses!
You are partially correct. The Brumbies have 5 more bonus points than Waratahs and have won 6 games compared to the Waratahs 7. However, they have also played 1 more game than the Waratahs and are 1 point in front on the ladder. This will change if the Waratahs win their game in hand.

All I'd like to see is the return of the shoulder charge and stiffer penalties for contact to the head....I understand player welfare but the collision is one of the main ingredients that makes league so spectacular.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6