NRL Card System

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

codewana

Reserve Grader
Just watched the Rabbitohs-Storm game and, not surprisingly, Slater was up to his usual dirty antics. In the last couple of minutes he was sin binned for tackling Merritt (?) as he was chasing his own kick.

The refs made the right call in effectively sending him off, but it got me thinking - is there room in the NRL for a yellow card/red card system ala soccer?
In this situation, for example, Slater would receive a red card and be unavailable for selection for next week's game. One's second red card (in a season) would see them miss two games, etc.

This could also go a long way to making the judiciary system more consistent. X yellow cards in a season for a player would result in a Y match ban.

Thoughts?

Well a sin bin in the 78th minute with a 7 point lead means sfa perhaps they should just let Sam & George Burgess punch the crap out of him for the other 8 minutes.

eagles2win said:
I would love to see the remaining minutes carried over into the next game

I agree with this. It just meant Billy got an early mark.

A card system definitely has its merits and I would be all for it.

Any fullback would've done the same thing and if he didn't he'd be dropped.
Less than two minutes on the clock and leading by 7, it's a no-brainer.
It's not a send off so sin bin is the right call, you can't have different rules just because it's the last few minutes.
That's like arguing a guy that gets sent off in the first few minutes of a game asking for a weeks reduction in his suspension because he's already served one in that game.

Something I've noticed watching NRL and ESL - players actually get penalised for backchat and if they have another go , the ref sits them down for 10 in ESL.
Needs to be brought back into the NRL.

I actually like that rule that someone else has suggested if you've had two yellows then its a week's suspension.

That's another thing bring back cards

eagles2win said:

If you do that then you are just rewarding the wrong team

eagles2win said:
Jethro said:
eagles2win said:

If you do that then you are just rewarding the wrong team

Do the crime serve the time

I wouldn't have a problem with what you are saying if it was against the same team.

It's not Rocket Surgery but the NRL love reinventing the wheel and ending up with a flat tyre. just copy what soccer have been doing forever.

Here's how it goes.

RED CARD, for all professional fouls (eg what slaters tackle on merrit) - fair enough you need to make a descision to stop the play or not but risk being sent off when you do therefore it needs to be a calculated judgement for the good of the team. This in soccer is a player stopping a goal by hand balling as last line of defense - if his team is 2 or 3 goals ahead he doesnt do it, but if the game is in balance, he makes that play and gets sent off. A straight red = automatic o e game suspension for a professional foul or judicary for extremely dangerous conduct. SLATE CLEAN ON RETURN

1 YELLOW CARD, for any 'on report' incident or unnecassary conduct = judicary for 'on report' incident and if no suspension results, then YELLOW CARD CARRIES OVER

2 YELLOW CARDS = RED CARD, as above but automatic one game suspension if no judicary suspension. SLATE CLEAN ON RETURN

4 YELLOW CARDS (ie single yellow cards in different games), if no judicary suspension then automatic one game suspension. SLATE CLEAN ON RETURN & PROCESS STARTS OVER.

This system will clean alot of the crap like carry over points and everybody will know where all players stand. It will give incentive to players to cut the BS put of thier game and teams like DOGS and STORM will probably end playing with their NYC teams.

eagles2win said:

maybe needs to be sterner though, what would slater care missing 7 minutes of the next game when his foul play saved the last? Slater is becoming as blatantly bad at fouling as Terry Lamb was. Perhaps a red card and fear of missing the entire next match would make him stop cheating

Jado said:
eagles2win said:

maybe needs to be sterner though, what would slater care missing 7 minutes of the next game when his foul play saved the last? Slater is becoming as blatantly bad at fouling as Terry Lamb was. Perhaps a red card and fear of missing the entire next match would make him stop cheating

8 minutes can be long time in footy especially if you're a forward against a boogie team.
Coaches will tire of having one of their most important players off the paddock for a portion of one game and a portion of next game and if the player keeps doing it a suspension.

The EagleHaus system is actually a good system

That penalty against Slater and his sin binning was a farce, he had launched into the tackle before the kick had left Merrits foot.

Should have been play on and no penalty.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6