NRL APP available 1 March

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cheers for the heads up Mark. This is what I found on the NRL site:

For the first time, Rugby League fans will be able to watch every NRL game, with up to six live games a week, on their iPhone or Android Smartphones via the Official NRL Live 2013 App. Matches on Channel 9 will be simulcast and those on Fox Sports will be live.

So it appears that games will be simulcast. However, not having pay tv, I think I'll be investing in this, probably on a weekly or monthly basis, to watch the games I'd otherwise be unable to watch.

Bah...I have Fox already, was really looking forward to maybe being able to watch Manly live on a Friday night instead of these bloody Donkeys!!

I just signed up for Foxtel on TBox because as of the 18th of March Fox Sports 1, 2 and 3 will be available so it's a good deal!

In the meantime though, I might need to look into the app. Does anyone know the costs associated and whether you can get a week pass?

6/71 said:
I just signed up for Foxtel on TBox because as of the 18th of March Fox Sports 1, 2 and 3 will be available so it's a good deal!

In the meantime though, I might need to look into the app. Does anyone know the costs associated and whether you can get a week pass?

Weekly = $5.49
Monthly = $14.99
Season = $89.99

Mark from Brisbane said:
Bah...I have Fox already, was really looking forward to maybe being able to watch Manly live on a Friday night instead of these bloody Donkeys!!

i'm curious as to how they will simulcast it with two fri games on at the same time, with any luck you will get a choice within the app of game 1 or game 2 (i highly doubt it though, i bet you get whatever they choose out of the two as game 1 followed by game 2). Geolocating isn't exactly ideal for this unless you can only watch on 3G/4G where they can pick up the tower / area you are on. but then what about the people in NT, WA, SA what do they get as default... would be very handy if you can choose between the two fri night games.

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

i'm curious as to how they will simulcast it with two fri games on at the same time, with any luck you will get a choice within the app of game 1 or game 2 (i highly doubt it though, i bet you get whatever they choose out of the two as game 1 followed by game 2). Geolocating isn't exactly ideal for this unless you can only watch on 3G/4G where they can pick up the tower / area you are on. but then what about the people in NT, WA, SA what do they get as default... would be very handy if you can choose between the two fri night games.

If you can do that I'm in, and given I would be watching 90% of these from home (WiFi) then how the heck do they know where I am from...very different if I'm on 3G (which I have as a prepaid option for I-Pad when I am away from home)

It's ONLY the chan 9 games I am really interested in as I think I can get Foxtel through "Foxtel Go"

Lets see what every says, no pint buying it this weekend as I am "otherwise occupised on Friday night"

Mark from Brisbane said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

If you can do that I'm in, and given I would be watching 90% of these from home (WiFi) then how the heck do they know where I am from...very different if I'm on 3G (which I have as a prepaid option for I-Pad when I am away from home)

The app may require you to turn 'Location' services on on your device.

yup, just installed it.. first thing that pops up is

..."would like to use your current location"
to help determine the live match video that is available in your area.

and inside the terms and conditions it says you have to have location services enabled for friday night football games.

nine strikes again

Seems like a bit of a rush to me, few bugs.

1. Some teams list same number twice, e.g. Wolfman and Farra playing in the number 5 jersey
2. "All 192 NRL matches per month"

yup, just installed it.. first thing that pops up is

..."would like to use your current location"
to help determine the live match video that is available in your area.

and inside the terms and conditions it says you have to have location services enabled for friday night football games.

nine strikes again

BUGGAAAAR:(:(:(

joeboy said:
Can this app be used on iPad, or are we waiting on an iPad dedicated app?

Good question, might just be a phone app at present, maybe download it to your I-Pad and see what size it is

Who the **** wants to watch footy on an iphone screen.. pretty slack they didn't launch the tablet app at the same time.. How much extra coding could it really take.

Guess its down the pub for me for all manly games, and illegal streams.

Way to cost yourselves money nrl.

probably quite a bit. maybe they wanted it on both android and apple at once. maybe they are using the first couple of months to gather data on how many are using it, what resources it chews up and what future options will cost them. its easier to start small, lower resolution = faster stream while they iron out bugs and prepare much more intensive / bigger / more demanding versions for tablets and then computers.

one big reason there is often a delay in android versions is because there are so many screen sizes, all the coding has to reflect that and isn't as easy to make happily run on all of them equally. much fewer sizes for apple so it is a bit easier.

I dont think it was ever intended for the avid watcher of many games, more if you are on the go. it's once they sought out the iptv stuff when it becomes a game changer.

Mark from Brisbane said:

Have to wait and see mate. I reckon you will be able to pick up the Sydney game via this app on fridays.

COMMANDER said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Have to wait and see mate. I reckon you will be able to pick up the Sydney game via this app on fridays.

That @[COMMANDER] would be absolutely perfect. If I could pay to view the Manly Friday night games live on the IPad I'd do it in a heartbeat

From what I understand if you are on Telstra it is unmetered data but double check with them

It has the Bigpond Unmetered green dot on there.
My phone is with Optus but home internet is bigpond
assuming if i'm using wireless, that setting overrides carrier and becomes unmetered since the wifi is bigpond.

I doubt any of the Telstra resellers (Kogan / Boost) will be unmetered though, so even though your carrier says telstra if you are with them, be careful.

wonder what their location barriers are to determining what game you get, obviously NSW / QLD boundaries like the tv, but other states might just get whatever 9 determines is game 1 and game 2.
surely 9 are getting a cut of the subscription $$ and surely if you offered choice... more people would take it up, therefore making them a few more $$.

I checked last night, def no I-Pad version, only I-Phone.

I would agree with the above, very viewable on a Tablet, bunch of crap on an I-Phone.

Look I guess if I was out bush somewhere, and that's all there was I's watch it BUT no way am I paying $90 for a years subscription!!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6