NRL, Another step closer to Gridiron

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Dead set watching the Raiders v Cowboys game tonight I have to say it won't be long until we allow forward passes as long as there isn't defender close to you, there were that many forward passes and Campese seems to have them to a fine art.

The one that did me though was the Penalty against Southern for his "late hit on Campese" when Campese kicked the ball.

If that is the new rule it is rubbish, if they have set a precedent, then basically you wont be able to hassle the kicker at all, just run at him, because he knows you cant touch him, if you do he rolls away and you get penalised.

That was an absolute joke, we were cruelled by it in a few games especially the bulldogs, but he was hit at the exact same time the ball hit his boot. There was no way for Southern to pull out and nor should have ben a fair hit and an absolute joke.

Warren smith was looking for excuses for the referees, and in my opinion Warren smith was one of the main people pushing for 2 refs, if he has it his way, everyone will go out there wrapped in cotton wool, with massive pads and helmets on......I remember when this game use to be for men

The rule is that you can't hit the kicker while he is in the air.

The ref ruled that he hit him in the air and late. It wasn't late, but it may of been in the air.

DVS Matt link said:
The rule is that you can't hit the kicker while he is in the air.

The ref ruled that he hit him in the air and late. It wasn't late, but it may of been in the air.

thats ****ing soft. He wasnt in the air when he was more than committed. Honestly that rule is just soft. the amount of times Toovey got smashed but got up and kept playing because he is a man, with balls.

The media, particularly those who may have had a history as referees.....*cough* smith *cough* have had far too much say in the game with their agendas. I would love to see the NRL just say "**** it, lets start playing footy and **** what the media say" because honestly as it is, i am embarrassed to watch the game and even more embarrassed trying to talk my colleagues who have moved from melbourne, into watching and enjoying football.

When you have AFL fans telling you the game is soft....well it has issues.

The game is slowly becoming less and less of a spectacle and more and more of a referee decided games, where referees can kick start their media careers

Not that I like to agree with gus gould but on MMM tonight during the game he said if this is they way it is going to go with the kicker, when scores are locked near the end of the game kickers will just run out the defence in front of goals and basically play for the penalty right in front. Dangerous ground I reckon.

They protect the kicker but there is no protection for a fullback showing balls and getting under a bomb only to get hammered the moment the ball hits his hands.

The way that rule is written is simply wrong! I don't see what the problem was that needed the rule change. Deciding lateness on a case by case basis seemed to be working fine and is the only basis for a fair decision for both the kicker and the defender committed to the tackle. This is like the no bouncer rule in one day cricket; it radically shifts the advantage to one side of the equation.

It has been the case like this for weeks. Ox needs to take his time instead of rushing and place his kicks to advantage, and if he gets hit then he gets a penalty. Wise up Manly.

Ryno makes a good point about fullbacks - they just have bullseyes on them.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4