Now that the dust has settled

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hi all,

I am a long time Manly fan even though I grew up in St Geoorge literally across the road from Jubilee oval. (It was thanks to the residue of a parent that was seaforth stationed on arriving in australia 60 years ago).

I dont often write things on the internet, but after seeing this site with so many bad things said I wanted to say don't worry.

Like most I was gutted 1 day after the GF. Its probably the shortest celebration of a Manly win I have ever had tbh.

I grew up watching Des and Toovs and immortal backrow of kosef, mensies and garts. They all stopped playing but I never stopped supporting the team.

I still talk to people about harrigan v carrol like it was yesterday. Or about Ian roberts smashing gary jack. These are memories no coach leaving or no player leaving can ever take away.

I was at the SFS when cliffy won us the SF v cronulla - and smiled for a week !!!

I remember Terry Randall (although not as clear these days) and Eadie smashing blokes and i smile.

I have a decently high job that deals with "Directors" regulary. Mostly they are ignorant and self serving. More concerned with their position than to be of value. BUT its the job they aspire and the $ that makes them feel important. No sense blaming people for being people.

I want Manly to win next year, but regardless of who is coaching or playing - the colours and the effort are all that I ask. Give me a reason to hope and ill you get loyalty.

I wish Des was staying. I wish Snake didnt get arrested. I wish Anthony would be a decent person. But most of all I wish Manly all the best.

We are Premiers & sometimes I think we all forget.

Thanks for the memories Des, Cliffy, Spud, Snake, wombat and choc.

No matter what happens next year - they will always be there.

PS I forgot my favorite player of all time - ty Mr Menzies. We are the same age lol.

Heads up - walk tall and best regards to you all.

P

I am Manly - I am gutted, but I have my memories and I hope you all do too.

Choc is OK and a decent person he is also is a bit of a naughty boy at times - boys will be boys!

great call. I don't give one about who is coaching next year or the year after because I know I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat evry time Manly play, cheering my great club. I'll bet anyone Des does not win a premiership at Canterbury. No one is bigger than the club. To think we can have a coach of the calibre of Tooves come in with a 1 year change over, it can't get much better than that. Many predicted that Manly would not make the 8 this year, just as many predicted Canberra, Easts, Parra, Bulldogs, Titans etc would be in that number.

Earnie the Eagle said:
bones said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
bones said:
Anthony Watmough IS a decent person.

How do you know he is talking about Choc?

I guess I assumed.... just like you asumed the poster is a he.

Touche...you got me there...lol Where there any other Anthonys as Sea Eagles?

Well he could have been talking about Anthony Antunac 1965 - 1969; Anthony Ashworth 1978; Anthony Rogers 1992 - 1995 or Anthony Colella 1995 - 1999

Masked Eagle said:
eagles2win said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
bones said:
Anthony Watmough IS a decent person.

How do you know he is talking about Choc?

Anthony is a top name, just ask me.
And I like to think I'm a descent bloke

psau14 doesn't think so!

Sorry for slipping that little dig in, but I dont think Anthony is a decent bloke.

Feel free to disagree, but I will never stop supporting Manly.

I dont piss on buildings, I dont "slap" the missus and I dont mouth of at my boss over his daughter....but

The article in the DT about Anthony doing the homeless missions did play on my mind, and I have seen that van many times picking up the better half. Maybe Im harsh on him now, maybe that will change.

But whether Anthony plays for Manly or not - Manly is who I support; not an individual player, nor coach, nor administrator, nor director.

I simply support the team, but always remember the players fondly.

Pardon me for not remembering Anthony in the same light as Des, Beaver, Snake, Wombat, Iness, Ridgy, Garts and Kosef.

I only wish Anthony well, and I wish MANLY another premiership.

P

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4