1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now that the dust has settled

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by EagleFlys, Oct 15, 2011.

1. EagleFlys

EagleFlys Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +516 / 30
    Hi all,

I am a long time Manly fan even though I grew up in St Geoorge literally across the road from Jubilee oval. (It was thanks to the residue of a parent that was seaforth stationed on arriving in australia 60 years ago).

I dont often write things on the internet, but after seeing this site with so many bad things said I wanted to say don't worry.

Like most I was gutted 1 day after the GF. Its probably the shortest celebration of a Manly win I have ever had tbh.

I grew up watching Des and Toovs and immortal backrow of kosef, mensies and garts. They all stopped playing but I never stopped supporting the team.

I still talk to people about harrigan v carrol like it was yesterday. Or about Ian roberts smashing gary jack. These are memories no coach leaving or no player leaving can ever take away.

I was at the SFS when cliffy won us the SF v cronulla - and smiled for a week !!!

I remember Terry Randall (although not as clear these days) and Eadie smashing blokes and i smile.

I have a decently high job that deals with "Directors" regulary. Mostly they are ignorant and self serving. More concerned with their position than to be of value. BUT its the job they aspire and the $ that makes them feel important. No sense blaming people for being people.

I want Manly to win next year, but regardless of who is coaching or playing - the colours and the effort are all that I ask. Give me a reason to hope and ill you get loyalty.

I wish Des was staying. I wish Snake didnt get arrested. I wish Anthony would be a decent person. But most of all I wish Manly all the best.

We are Premiers & sometimes I think we all forget.

Thanks for the memories Des, Cliffy, Spud, Snake, wombat and choc.

No matter what happens next year - they will always be there.

PS I forgot my favorite player of all time - ty Mr Menzies. We are the same age lol.

Heads up - walk tall and best regards to you all.

P

I am Manly - I am gutted, but I have my memories and I hope you all do too.

2. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Anthony Watmough IS a decent person.

3. Earnie the Eagle

Earnie the Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +359 / 16
    How do you know he is talking about Choc?

4. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    I guess I assumed.... just like you asumed the poster is a he.

5. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    Choc is OK and a decent person he is also is a bit of a naughty boy at times - boys will be boys!

6. Earnie the Eagle

Ratings:
    +359 / 16
    Touche...you got me there...lol Where there any other Anthonys as Sea Eagles?

7. captainskin

captainskin Active Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0
    Good opening post psau14, and welcome aboard.

8. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
  9. shauneagle

shauneagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    great call. I don't give one about who is coaching next year or the year after because I know I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat evry time Manly play, cheering my great club. I'll bet anyone Des does not win a premiership at Canterbury. No one is bigger than the club. To think we can have a coach of the calibre of Tooves come in with a 1 year change over, it can't get much better than that. Many predicted that Manly would not make the 8 this year, just as many predicted Canberra, Easts, Parra, Bulldogs, Titans etc would be in that number.

10. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Anthony is a top name, just ask me.
    And I like to think I'm a descent bloke

11. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Awesome. Skydiving or are you a pilot??

12. lismore_fan

lismore_fan Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +206 / 1
    or do u just like going down?

13. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Well he could have been talking about Anthony Antunac 1965 - 1969; Anthony Ashworth 1978; Anthony Rogers 1992 - 1995 or Anthony Colella 1995 - 1999

14. herballlistic

herballlistic Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    ...is this cousin tony!?![hr]
    at lismore-fan!?

15. Earnie the Eagle

Ratings:
    +359 / 16

16. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    psau14 doesn't think so!

17. EagleFlys

EagleFlys Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +516 / 30
    Sorry for slipping that little dig in, but I dont think Anthony is a decent bloke.

Feel free to disagree, but I will never stop supporting Manly.

I dont piss on buildings, I dont "slap" the missus and I dont mouth of at my boss over his daughter....but

The article in the DT about Anthony doing the homeless missions did play on my mind, and I have seen that van many times picking up the better half. Maybe Im harsh on him now, maybe that will change.

But whether Anthony plays for Manly or not - Manly is who I support; not an individual player, nor coach, nor administrator, nor director.

I simply support the team, but always remember the players fondly.

Pardon me for not remembering Anthony in the same light as Des, Beaver, Snake, Wombat, Iness, Ridgy, Garts and Kosef.

I only wish Anthony well, and I wish MANLY another premiership.

P